How many of you wear "Vinyl or Rubber Pants" to bed or during the day?

Do you wear "Plastic Pants"?

• Yes often

Votes: 219 56.7%
  • Yes sometimes

Votes: 98 25.4%
  • No but I would like to try

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • No and I never will

Votes: 25 6.5%

• Total voters
Cottontail said:
Plastic pants of some sort are pretty much essential when you wear traditional cloth diapers, so...yep. In 'em as I write this. :) Although I like the vinyl types, I've lately been using PUL, specifically the Rearz DL Night Covers. They fit my stocky build really well, whereas many vinyl types are really tight on my legs. I have 36" waist and 27" thighs. Those are cursed proportions when it comes to plastic pants!
Have you ever tried the snap on plastic pants from Kins in Canada. You could get the right waist size but leave the bottom snaps open so they are not too tight. Actually the snap on plastic pants are not too tight in the leg anyway but when I wear them over a night diaper I also wear flannel pants over top of it absorb any leaks from the leg holes.

Reactions: leafgoalie, MegaLugia, Edgewater and 1 other person
Fireball44 said:
i wear rubber pants over pullup when in sleep mode. Full proof. I want to hear more how diaper covers keeping you dry.
I mostly wear rubber pants from Kins but I did have two or three pairs from Rearz. They were thin latex though and after a couple of years they tore a little. I have not tried to glue them together yet.

Reactions: leafgoalie
Angelapinks said:
Have you ever tried the snap on plastic pants from Kins in Canada. You could get the right waist size but leave the bottom snaps open so they are not too tight. Actually the snap on plastic pants are not too tight in the leg anyway but when I wear them over a night diaper I also wear flannel pants over top of it absorb any leaks from the leg holes.
I haven't tried snap-on pants yet, but I am curious. Up until recently I was getting custom PUL pants from DependEco, but when my last ones wore out I decided I needed to look around again. That's when I found the Rearz pants. I should clarify that I don't exactly have a hard time finding vinyl pants that "fit," but I have to shop by leg size first, which usually leads to something with a humorously ginormous waist. :) I mean... My waist is 36", so why should I have to order a 2XL? I'll definitely keep the KINS pants in mind though. I have a good-sized rotation of pants right now, but that can change quickly, and experiments are always fun.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen, MegaLugia and Angelapinks
Like Kleinerts I have the extended fit without the cotton insert. Never had a single leak my waist is 36 and I wear a 2XL Cottontail.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cottontail and diaperdude
Cottontail said:
I haven't tried snap-on pants yet, but I am curious. Up until recently I was getting custom PUL pants from DependEco, but when my last ones wore out I decided I needed to look around again. That's when I found the Rearz pants. I should clarify that I don't exactly have a hard time finding vinyl pants that "fit," but I have to shop by leg size first, which usually leads to something with a humorously ginormous waist. :) I mean... My waist is 36", so why should I have to order a 2XL? I'll definitely keep the KINS pants in mind though. I have a good-sized rotation of pants right now, but that can change quickly, and experiments are always fun.
Yes that is like me I have loads of them but sure would love to get more rubber pants from Kins. They seem to be out of stock all the time now so maybe they can't get them either.

Reactions: MegaLugia, Cottontail and Rusher
I like the Kleinerts Duracool for over my pullup when I wear to work. I wear for about 10 hours so sometimes get a minor leak especially if I sit down. Happens mostly in the car on the way home.

Reactions: CLPP, diaperdude and Angelapinks
Rusher said:
Never had a single leak my waist is 36 and I wear a 2XL Cottontail.
It's not really the prospect of leaks that bugs me. It's just all that extra material. I suppose the look is "authentic," though. I mean, I have pictures of myself as a toddler wearing only a diaper and plastic pants, and the plastic pants are HUGE! Like, if somebody had stuck a helium tube in there and filled them up, I'd have floated away, LOL.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Ortler, dogboy and Angelapinks
For me, I wear them if I'm wearing Little Kings or AlphaGatorz. The backsheet isn't tough enough and they always end up feeling damp, even if they're only a tiny bit wet.

Cottontail said:
It's not really the prospect of leaks that bugs me. It's just all that extra material. I suppose the look is "authentic," though. I mean, I have pictures of myself as a toddler wearing only a diaper and plastic pants, and the plastic pants are HUGE! Like, if somebody had stuck a helium tube in there and filled them up, I'd have floated away, LOL.
LMAO well I actually find them to reduce the bloated look. Generally the rule with certain types of plastic or daiper covers that are leak proof. 2X your average size.
That’s why I prefer the extended fit verses the slim fit. So if you’re 36 with bigger thighs the extended fit would be less ballon looking. Since it’s waist and thigh size. If waist only was the fit you could wear L or XL. I use the solid black as swim trunks I buy extended fit but large and they fit great. Although no daiper to cover

Reactions: Cottontail
Rusher said:
Generally the rule with certain types of plastic or daiper covers that are leak proof. 2X your average size.
That’s why I prefer the extended fit verses the slim fit. So if you’re 36 with bigger thighs the extended fit would be less ballon looking. Since it’s waist and thigh size. If waist only was the fit you could wear L or XL. I use the solid black as swim trunks I buy extended fit but large and they fit great. Although no daiper to cover
Yeah, I've learned my lesson with the trim/low-cut stuff. That's how your outer clothing becomes part of your diaper. :) The Night Covers are high-rise, and seem well-matched to the medium prefolds. Nothing peaks out at the waist, and they've got plenty of room, even when I double-diaper.

I've been wanting to try sewing my own covers, and I bought some cheap white PUL a few months back just to experiment with, but I haven't found time to get the machine out. So many to-dos. Hopefully soon!

Reactions: Rusher and Angelapinks
I wear vinyl plastic pants over my diapers every night, and also sometimes during the day, if I need to wear diapers while away from home.

Reactions: Ortler, vp39, MegaLugia and 1 other person
Cottontail said:
I have 36" waist and 27" thighs. Those are cursed proportions when it comes to plastic pants!
True...38" and 28" here...

Reactions: MegaLugia, Rusher, Angelapinks and 1 other person
I sometimes unsnap the lower snap on my plastic pants as it lets them breath a little while I sleep. It can cause leakage sometimes but I live by myself and I wash my sheets sometimes two times a week. I enjoy some leaking. It just depends on the mood at the moment.

Reactions: MegaLugia and Angelapinks
I use plastic pants with day and night diapers. I tried a few different ones that were heavy plastic did not like them as they were hot and I would sweat. I found some that are from Rearz but you can the same thing from Mommy Sabine and they are Waterproof Silence (PUL and latex-free). I think twice in the last year have had a leak and that was my fault I pushed my diaper a little too far.

Reactions: Angelapinks and Rusher
Now that cooler temps have arrived in my neighborhood, I’m more apt to wear plastic pants for the protection as well as the feel.😁

Reactions: Angelapinks, diaperdude and jbond007
CLPP said:
Now that cooler temps have arrived in my neighborhood, I’m more apt to wear plastic pants for the protection as well as the feel.😁
I love wearing plastic panties. I wear to bed every night and on weekends, when I can.

Reactions: vp39 and Angelapinks
I wear cloth diapers with plastic pants every night as i dont always have accidents but when i do things stay dry. I also like the snug feeling extra sechrity and smooth texture to touch.
1000000062.jpgWhen away or travelling i may also wear a disposable. During the day i seldom use plastic pants.

• Love
Reactions: sawindowman, WBxx and Angelapinks
Yes, I wear plastic pants a lot of the time up and over my diaper even though it’s a premium diaper like North Shore I still like to wear my plastic pants. Other times I’ll wear a pair of underwear over the diaper but I like the plastic pants.IMG_4244.jpegIMG_8178.jpeg

DLPeakOut said:
I wear cloth diapers with plastic pants every night as i dont always have accidents but when i do things stay dry. I also like the snug feeling extra sechrity and smooth texture to touch.
View attachment 125214When away or travelling i may also wear a disposable. During the day i seldom use plastic pants.
I have to wear diapers and waterproof panties to bed because I have accidents 2-3 times a week. I have to wear them when I leave the house in case I have a daytime accident.

Reactions: DLPeakOut and diaperdude
DLPeakOut said:
View attachment 125214When away or travelling i may also wear a disposable. During the day i seldom use plastic pants.
For some reason I just love the milky white plastic pants like in your photo. I think they were the first pairs I purchased from Laurie at Rearz many, many years ago. I also got a Velcro flannel diaper that was covered in the same shiny white plastic and it was one of my favourites although after wearing it by itself, washing it was very tedious and it would take forever to dry on the line.

Reactions: DLPeakOut, Edgewater and WBxx
Back