How many adisc members who are abdl BEFORE you were IC?

Bnuuy said:
there are probably people here who are saying they're IC and lying about it
I think too. Some fake it and maybe others encourage them self to become IC. I guess there are lots of abdl people who become IC later on. But a long-time IC person rarely turns ABDL. Like me.

Bnuuy said:
Excuse me for posting here since I'm not IC but the way I see it... I'm not IC and there are probably people here who are saying they're IC and lying about it but OTOH lots of people develop some level of incontinence later in life. I'm almost 40 and being ABDL if I start having some sort of urinary issues at some point in the next 20 or so years I'm obviously going to just going to wear diapers for it rather than, e.g. take some sort of shitty anticholinergic drug with bad side effects when it's already more convenient to just wear diapers anyway.

My father is in his early 70s and he's not incontinent but he has to pee like every 5 minutes and it's already causing massive inconvenience when he goes anywhere. Lately it seems like he often can't completely empty his bladder so he may have to pee once and then another time a minute later. When he's out he tries really carefully not to drink too much liquids so it seems like he ends up being dehydrated a lot of the time. He also has to plan out bathrooms to some degree when going places.

For him, I think having to wear incontinence products would be this huge horrible thing that he'll never be willing to do, but if you can get over that, from my biased perspective it seems like it's already way easier to just wear protection at that point.

Maybe the people who are younger who claim to be ABDL and IC aren't all telling the truth but it seems natural that a lot of ABDL people would just end up going with the flow and becoming IC later in life.
Have you looked up the definition of incontinence and its many sun category's?
Your father needs to see a dr about his prostrate as that’s classic symptoms

parcelboy2 said:
Have you looked up the definition of incontinence and its many sun category's?
Your father needs to see a dr about his prostrate as that’s classic symptoms
He's definitely seeing a doctor. I think he may be taking medication for it too. I'm just saying that if it was me, at that point I wouldn't be fighting it, and I would just wear protection so that I didn't have to worry about being close to a bathroom so much. But I understand for most normal people, wearing protection is like this symbol of losing your independence or something so it's a line they don't want to cross even if that causes more inconvenience than wearing protection would cause. Being a DL, at least that's one thing that won't be such a big deal for me if I am in that situation later in life.

Last edited:
Bnuuy said:
He's definitely seeing a doctor. I think he may be taking medication for it too. I'm just saying that if it was me, at that point I wouldn't be fighting it, and I would just wear protection so that I didn't have to worry about being close to a bathroom so much. But I understand for most normal people, wearing protection is like this symbol of losing your independence or something so it's a line they don't want to cross even if that causes more inconvenience than wearing protection would cause. Being a DL, at least that's one thing that won't be such a big deal for me if I am in that situation later in life.
Having lost my own father to prostrate cancer I’m glad yours is seeking help

CrossfireDiaperHurricane said:
I think too. Some fake it and maybe others encourage them self to become IC. I guess there are lots of abdl people who become IC later on. But a long-time IC person rarely turns ABDL. Like me.
i dont understand why people have to fake something like that. Just be honest

enthusi said:
I was an abdl first. My story is somewhat unique in that I made myself incontinent. Even though I used to have decent control, it always felt like work. It’s like I’ve corrected a glitch. Objectively speaking, being incontinent and diaper dependent is more difficult by orders of magnitude. Basically I swapped a free, convenient, and normal method of bladder control for one that is costly, high maintenance, and stigmatizing. If I didn’t enjoy wearing diapers, I would be miserable. But I wouldn’t have it any other way.
How did you do that.

As the stickied thread says, "Do NOT try to become incontinent"

Reactions: queerpeanut, CheshireCat, AUG168 and 2 others
I've always been a and on again off again DL for as long as I can remember. I wasn't always able to wear because of life situations... but now that I am U-IC and dependant on diapers, it's become the new normal for me so adjusting wasn't overly hard for me. except the fact of knowing I will never be able to go without a diaper again. Having that choice removed from the equation took a little bit of time to process. and while not an AB, I lo have a little side, He's 4 years old, loves to color, watch cartoons, play with toy cars and build pillow forts!! I don't get to have as much little time as I'd like, but when I do I love every second I get to be him. :giggle:

Reactions: queerpeanut
I was incontinent and enuretic first but accepted and learned to make the the best of it.

Reactions: freedom69 and LordDuque
disabledinconben said:
Yes I agree with this
I do agree too, in fact this was one of the important points remarked in this post I wrote some days ago (https://www.adisc.org/forum/threads...sh-how-it-interacts-and-its-inception.171581/). In fact I was talking about how a bunch of us DLs had have wetting/soiling problems during childhood, etc. But I was surprised too realizing that there’s a lot of actual IC people being DL at the same time, which was one of my curiosities too I’d liked to talk about. Because in my case as in most of us it’s 1st bed wetting 2nd DL after discovering orgasms at early teens being diapered yet and 3rd becoming IC years after due to whatever health issue. But I’m still willing to hear someone who‘s IC first of all to become a AB or DL later on.

And I agree with crossfire and littleK about those “self-made-ICs” or the IC imposters subject I gave my opinion many times and escapes from my logic. ‘Cause furthermore, if they’re so sure that’s what they want, the only persons really knows having no control is oneself and his doctor, for anyone else there’s no way to say if you wet or soil voluntarily or accidentally. So….why don’t they try wearing diapers and avoid using toilet just for,…let’s say, a month? I’m sure if they dared they wouldn’t arrive to do a single week IMHO. Don’t you think? And I refuse to make ethical considerations but I can’t understand why to simulate it, specially in a place like adisc which is very opened and where everyone is welcome no matter the reason why they’re visiting. But honestly I doubt I will never understand those behaviors so…let it be. But I encourage persons engaged in similar attitudes to have a further relaxed reflection on the subject, maybe they get to see why some ICs think it’s not very ethical and also why completely unnecessary too! (For the reasons I just mentioned).

Thanks everyone for your contributions it’s quite interesting. cheers guys!,

Last edited:
Reactions: AshtonFreecss
I was mainly DL before I got injured in 2018. I agree with others when they say you shouldn't try and become IC, because diapers really do lose their luster when it goes from a conscious decision to use them, to an actual need. I've spent the last 3-ish years having to re-accept myself and while I was thankfully able to find my enjoyment for them again, I do still long for the days when I was able to make a choice between undies and diapers :S

Reactions: LordDuque
I became incontinent at age 19, but I became a DL much earlier at age 5 after trying on leftover Pampers I found while playing in the closet. The sensation I felt between my legs was wonderful and something I never consciously experienced. I guess because it happened in diapers, the association was permanently ingrained and I was left with the desire to be in diapers through my child & teen years after that.

Then at 19 I had a spinal cord injury that left me with paralysis from the mid-chest down. Even though I couldn't walk anymore, I still had pretty good sensation down there but no ability to control my bladder or bowel. After spinal cord injury, my 6 months in the rehab facility taught me many ways to manage bladder issues, however those gave me frequent irritations. At one point they asked me if I was willing to wear diapers for a while so that my skin could heal from one of my irritations. I managed to overcome the embarrassment of the idea and say yes, and I'm glad I did because within minutes of the diaper being taped on, I was intensely feeling those amazing sensations I had back when I first tried diapers as a kid. A couple weeks later after my skin had healed I told the nursing staff I wanted to stay in diapers because I was sick of getting those irritations. And while that's partially true, the real reason was because I really loved the sensation they gave me.

I also liked the fact that the obvious aspect of my disability (being in a wheelchair) made it socially acceptable for me to use diapers. It was the first time I felt there was some level of a positive aspect to my disability, even though I would never choose to be disabled. I also think I'm really lucky that I had an intense DL desire, because I could only imagine how much more frustrating coping with my disability would've been if I hated everything about being in continent or being in diapers. I understand how for some the novelty aspect might wear off, but for whatever reason I still feel a lot of enjoyment and arousal from my diapers, in addition to the utility aspect of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: fredy552, Constantlydamp, LordDuque and 1 other person
AshtonFreecss said:
I was mainly DL before I got injured in 2018. I agree with others when they say you shouldn't try and become IC, because diapers really do lose their luster when it goes from a conscious decision to use them, to an actual need. I've spent the last 3-ish years having to re-accept myself and while I was thankfully able to find my enjoyment for them again, I do still long for the days when I was able to make a choice between undies and diapers :S
Yeah man! Absolutely. That’s what I said in my previous post but better explained. Exactly what I meant! That’s one thing they don’t understand, the loss of charm caused by its necessity. And the other I said before, why need risking your health for something you can easily fake to anyone? And because of that why don’t they try? (I don’t actually know but I’m so convinced they would never say nor think those stupidities if they tried. Thanks Ashton!

• Love
Reactions: AshtonFreecss
There's really no reason to try to become IC if you're a DL in the first place because if you want to wear diapers 24/7 and not pee in the toilet nobody's stopping you. Either you'll get tired of it, in which case good thing you're not IC, or you'll keep doing it forever, in which case does it really matter that you're not IC?

I can see falsely claiming to be IC if you're caught wearing diapers in real life (obviously it might not be a good idea to say "oh no, I don't need to wear diapers I just like them") but I don't really see the point of falsely claiming to be IC here because it's not like anyone here is going to say "no you're not IC so you're not allowed to wear diapers"

Reactions: keepitonDL, LordDuque and AshtonFreecss
It looks like a majority of abdl people say they became IC after they where abdl first. Which for me seems absurd. Of course there are large numbers of abdl people who became IC afterword. And some of them are legitimate. But how many who just like to say it (faking it)? No one really knows but I bet most of them just like to say it. Obviously there are abdl's that became after a SCI (apologies for the legitimate ones). Aside from the original question, how many SCI/abdl's still enjoy their diapers?
AshtonFreecss said:
I was mainly DL before I got injured in 2018. because diapers really do lose their luster when it goes from a conscious decision to use them, to an actual need.
I've always been IC. And I don't identify myself as abdl. To be honest I just don't know how many abdl/IC are legitimate. But I think it's rare.

Reactions: slimjiminy and LordDuque
greatlake5 said:
It looks like a majority of abdl people say they became IC after they where abdl first. Which for me seems absurd. Of course there are large numbers of abdl people who became IC afterword. And some of them are legitimate. But how many who just like to say it (faking it)? No one really knows but I bet most of them just like to say it. Obviously there are abdl's that became after a SCI (apologies for the legitimate ones). Aside from the original question, how many SCI/abdl's still enjoy their diapers?

I've always been IC. And I don't identify myself as abdl. To be honest I just don't know how many abdl/IC are legitimate. But I think it's rare.
I get where you're coming from. I sometimes question how so many people can be ab/dl prior to getting a life-altering diagnosis, but after having it happen personally, I can't really say it doesn't happen. When I was on adisc a few years ago, I rarely ventured to the IC side, because I couldn't relate to anyone... now it's kind of a flop. I find myself reading other peoples IC experiences and getting emotional when I realize that there are some genuine people out here going through similar shit, but also trying to take it with a grain of salt, because you're right - at the end of the day, we don't know who's legit and who isn't.

Reactions: LordDuque
CrossfireDiaperHurricane said:
I really wonder how many members here who are abdl when they developed or was born IC first.
Trick question! 100% of people were born IC first.

Tacoma83 said:
How did you do that.
Very slowly and deliberately. Bladder control is a highly evolved, highly redundant, process. It seems continence was critical to our mammalian ancestors. It’s no coincidence that incontinence is stigmatizing and undesirable.

I invented my own technique which was to understand how bladder control works and then deploy cognitive and behavioral interventions to undermine bladder control. A lot of the work was psychological, learning to see myself as someone who is incontinent, all the while weakening bladder muscles.

I cannot stress enough how difficult this was. I also cannot stress enough that I deal with and appreciate the struggles that other individuals with incontinence deal with. In no way shape or form do I wish to trivialize, fetishize, or glamorize incontinence. But it was absolutely the right decision for me.

I always had a fascination with diapers. I was a bedwetter, but I envied kids who wore them during the day... until... I got into an accident as a kid. I took the good with the bad. I was finally diapered but I was in pain and had a lot of doctor's visits. I hated my new life. After a lot of physical therapy over the years I have been able to improve my bladder and bowel control.

I feel like the juvenile experience with having diapers around and, frankly, being babied because I was always small and in diapers, I have learned to embrace it. I am an adult now but still bedwet and nd occasionally need a diaper to contain dribbles throughout the day, and the part of me that always liked diapers grew into a fascination with being babied the way I was after my traumatic experience.

I discovered that other people had similar feelings, and I embraced my feeling and now have an adult life where diapers are not always distracting me. I hope this makes sense. 🤔

enthusi said:
I invented my own technique which was to understand how bladder control works and then deploy cognitive and behavioral interventions to undermine bladder control. A lot of the work was psychological, learning to see myself as someone who is incontinent, all the while weakening bladder muscles.

I cannot stress enough how difficult this was. I also cannot stress enough that I deal with and appreciate the struggles that other individuals with incontinence deal with. In no way shape or form do I wish to trivialize, fetishize, or glamorize incontinence. But it was absolutely the right decision for me.
First, for what I know, once you are NOT injured or sick, you remain continence. Saying you became incontinence and it isn't "fetishize," you're simply wrong. You identify yourself as abdl, not IC together. Whether you call it a fetish or not, you are "glamorize" our medical IC problems.

If you want to insist that you forced yourself to become IC, keep it away from the IC forum. Please. You sound like I nice guy. Sometimes I wonder why you insist on posting our IC issues, especially when it's not helpful.

Back