How many adisc members who are abdl BEFORE you were IC?

CrossfireHurricane

longtime complete incontinent
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I really wonder how many members here who are abdl when they developed or was born IC first. I primarily read the IC forum. And I never developed abdl. Obviously there are a fare amount abdl's who were (or are) bedwetters. But I would think an IC person rarely become abdl being IC first. I'm not saying they are faking it. I just wonder why? And how?

Reactions: Canadianfalls
i think a lot of us who are born IC become abdl simply because our first sexual experiences and diapers have gone hand in hand.

Reactions: Neroforte, FLsolarSparky02, Rezzu and 2 others
chiaochai said:
i think a lot of us who are born IC become abdl simply because our first sexual experiences and diapers have gone hand in hand.
Yes I agree with this

I'm not abdl

Reactions: Neroforte
chiaochai said:
I understand this completely. While I'm not abdl, I do have some small tendencies. From growing up IC means all of our first sexual experiences happened while being diapered. Yeah, it's weird. Can't quite get my head around it. I know how it could happen. To be honest I'm glad I never developed full-on abdl. It sounds hard.

Reactions: janedoediaper and keepitonDL
I did have a little fling with it years ago, then nothing until recent problems, and have been diapered 24/7 for 2 months,and I sem to really like It!

Reactions: Neroforte
From toddlerhood I’ve had an affinity for plastic pants, but I had no desire for diapers. In fact I was a bed wetter up to about age 10 and at around age 7 my mother asked me what I thought we should do about my bed wetting to which I suggested plastic pants. She stated that she didn’t think that they’d do much good without cloth diapers (this was prior to disposables being available) to absorb the urine, but I had no desire for their to be anything between my tushie and my polymer pals so I turned down my chance to wake up in a dry bed for the next 3 years. About 8 years ago I became dual ic and started using disposables to help me deal with my condition. It didn’t take long for me to realize how costly this was becoming and I decided to try the diapers my wife and I had used with our children quite economically. Several months later I began to develop a liking for cloth diapers in addition to the affinity that I have had for a lifetime for plastic pants. It was interesting to use plastic pants for their designed purpose. So although I’m not an ABDL I am a PPL and have become a DL. Being ic I find myself very thankful for the vast array of products available to mitigate my situation. Far, far more than were available when I was a kid over a half century ago. Incontinence used to be much less well tolerated by society, and even the medical profession, than it is today and it imprisoned many in their homes out of circulation due to the shame that often accompanied it back then.

Reactions: Napincolove
I have been into diapers since I was around 5 and plastic pants and I am now almost 60 and I still wear diapers

Reactions: Ortler, BOXERSORBRIEFS, messydiaper and 1 other person
Was a DL from 2012 , but been pants messer for years
Been IC for just over a year 24/7 and 5 years just nights

Last edited:
Reactions: TexasDiaperLover and Fleetwoodmac32192
I've been AB>DL since I was a kid. Since then I've had slowly increasing urgency and now IC. I'm sure that having such a long history of wearing diapers/nappies contributed to the onset of urge IC in that I honestly never did much to control it and just gave up trying and embraced the need for nappies. I wonder if anybody else has been in the same situation.

Reactions: Ortler, BOXERSORBRIEFS, Lillogan18 and 2 others
Been a D/L since my early years and genuinely becoming u ic has been relatively easy to cope with but these last 20 years or so my incontinence has only got worse and I sometimes end up having a #2 problem under certain circumstances which can be difficult to handle.
I have even tried other methods of containment for the u ic but every attempt to move away from Nappies resulted in serious infections that reduced what bladder control I had left, if I get another infection it will likely cost me that small amount of control.

• Sad
Reactions: Lillogan18, messydiaper and NappiedTruckDriver
IC, then ABDL

Reactions: HalMidLife, Lillogan18, FLsolarSparky02 and 1 other person
I was an abdl first. My story is somewhat unique in that I made myself incontinent. Even though I used to have decent control, it always felt like work. It’s like I’ve corrected a glitch. Objectively speaking, being incontinent and diaper dependent is more difficult by orders of magnitude. Basically I swapped a free, convenient, and normal method of bladder control for one that is costly, high maintenance, and stigmatizing. If I didn’t enjoy wearing diapers, I would be miserable. But I wouldn’t have it any other way.

Last edited:
Reactions: Teddy02, KayLovesU, freedom69 and 4 others
enthusi said:
I was an abdl first. My story is somewhat unique in that I made myself incontinent. Even though I used to have decent control, it always felt like work. It’s like I’ve corrected a glitch. Objectively speaking, being incontinent and diaper dependent is more difficult by orders of magnitude. Basically I swapped a free, convenient, and normal method of bladder control for one that is costly, high maintenance, and stigmatizing. If I didn’t enjoy wearing diapers, I would be miserable. But I wouldn’t have it any other way.
I respect that you know what makes you feel good, and willing to pay the price, and honesty I also enjoy the feel of diapers.

CrossfireDiaperHurricane said:
I really wonder how many members here who are abdl when they developed or was born IC first. I primarily read the IC forum. And I never developed abdl. Obviously there are a fare amount abdl's who were (or are) bedwetters. But I would think an IC person rarely become abdl being IC first. I'm not saying they are faking it. I just wonder why? And how?
I was DL as a teen and still am. I now have stress/urge incontinence thanks to prostate issues in middle age. Not a huge fan of losing control of my bladder - very inconvenient and can be embarrassing if there are leaks in public.

Reactions: Lillogan18 and Ceary
Never did until I was googling for diapers for my every day needs . Took me a few years of of lurking before join.

I was 14 when I started having migraines and overactive bladder issues. I noticed a baby doll diaper (smaller than baby diaper in 2004) and wondered what it felt like to wear one. Fast forward to 2006 (16 y/o) and parents split and my migraines got worse and my body was full puberty now as a female... I found myself needing to visit the restroom so often I wondered why. I couldn't get my parent to care so I just dealt with it internally. I made make shift diapers and decided to see if that helped any while I was alone. I then found out in the internet other people had this ABDL community so I learned more. I then became ABDL into years before my IBS D and then I developed gastroparesis and eventually IBS became C and I am now IUC with OAB due to my bladder paralysing and nerve issues from Hemiplegic Migraines. Interesting journey I've been on.

Reactions: cantwait, Deleted member 64479 and messydiaper
I am a total DL kinky person from age 4. Started wetting the bed at age 40ish. Urge incontinence rears itself occasionally, but I don't wear 24/7 because the daytime issue is not bad enough. Daytime wear is mostly for pleasure.

Reactions: richieboy
Excuse me for posting here since I'm not IC but the way I see it... I'm not IC and there are probably people here who are saying they're IC and lying about it but OTOH lots of people develop some level of incontinence later in life. I'm almost 40 and being ABDL if I start having some sort of urinary issues at some point in the next 20 or so years I'm obviously going to just going to wear diapers for it rather than, e.g. take some sort of shitty anticholinergic drug with bad side effects when it's already more convenient to just wear diapers anyway.

My father is in his early 70s and he's not incontinent but he has to pee like every 5 minutes and it's already causing massive inconvenience when he goes anywhere. Lately it seems like he often can't completely empty his bladder so he may have to pee once and then another time a minute later. When he's out he tries really carefully not to drink too much liquids so it seems like he ends up being dehydrated a lot of the time. He also has to plan out bathrooms to some degree when going places.

For him, I think having to wear incontinence products would be this huge horrible thing that he'll never be willing to do, but if you can get over that, from my biased perspective it seems like it's already way easier to just wear protection at that point.

Maybe the people who are younger who claim to be ABDL and IC aren't all telling the truth but it seems natural that a lot of ABDL people would just end up going with the flow and becoming IC later in life.

Last edited:
I am a DL, I will likely lose bladder control within the next 3-5 years and i'm alredy getting a bit of leakage so i guess that makes me one.

Back