How long until

Status
Not open for further replies.

LonelyKitty

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hey, I was wondering the average time one could wear a pee'd diaper before developing diaper rash? I usually try to change after 3ish hours in an attempt to possibly avoiding a diaper rash. Any one know about the average time?

Reactions: AComputerGuy
There is no average time...it's totally a personal thing based on sooo many factors.

Reactions: MASONJAR and BobbiSueEllen
Some diapers do a better job at keeping pee away from skin and are even advertised to hold up to 12 hours. Depending on how dark your pee is, you might want to change sooner. Soo in my experience, anywhere between 4 -12 hours. Another early indicator is if the genital area feels warm when rubbing up against the wet diaper.

Reactions: LonelyKitty
As previously stated, it varies on what quality of diaper you are using. If you have one that is really good at wicking and keeping moisture away then possibly longer. It also depends on the health of your skin and what your fluid intake was as some things make your urine more potent. There a bunch of variables.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen and LonelyKitty
Interesting stuff, thanks for the information peeps.

i usally wait till its a flooding point then change no point in wasting a good diaper if you dont use it too full capacity

Reactions: chrischrischris
also depends on how tolerant your skin is, and on the level of physical activity you do while wet. (wetness makes the skin softer and more prone to wear and damage from physical activity, especially actions that rub on the skin)

My skin's pretty easy to get irritated so I usually can't spend much time in a wet diaper without problems, except overnight, since I'm not moving around then. I suspect others have similar experiences, being able to spend more time in a wet (or messy?) diaper overnight than during the day.

Last edited:
Anburako said:
Depending on how dark your pee is, you might want to change sooner.
I like to think of us as the top secret division of r/HydroHommies. Stay hydrated and leak freely.

LonelyKitty said:
Hey, I was wondering the average time one could wear a pee'd diaper before developing diaper rash? I usually try to change after 3ish hours in an attempt to possibly avoiding a diaper rash. Any one know about the average time?
During the day I change a couple of times unless my nappy is starting to leak. At night I sleep right through in the same nappy. I use plenty of sudocreme which helps with rashes.

LonelyKitty said:
All depends. There really is no average. It depends on:
-How well you take care of your skin/clean up in general.
-How often wet diapers stay on your skin usually.
-How much physical activity you're doing.
-The temperature outside.
-Diet.

During the winter, when I'm well-lotioned, well-powdered, barrier creamed up and all that jazz, I can stay in a messy diaper for upwards of 16+ hours with no skin repercussions. In the summer when it's 75 and humid, I'm in a plastic-backed diaper, I just had to walk to the store to get milk, and I started sweating because I ran up the stairs to me 3rd floor flat.. I could get pre-rash "itchy" after an hour. Turning red and irritated in 90 minutes.

If you want to increase the amount of time you can comfortably stay in wet/messy diapers:
1. Take care of your skin - This is such a big and unfortunately overlooked deal. I didn't get my padded skincare routine down until I went fulltime for a few months and dreaded rashes. I spent over a decade as an ABDL previous to that time destroying my poor behind by not taking care of it!
2. Air condition. Humidity of any kind is the enemy of diaper-on-skin longevity. If it opens your pores (heat/humidity), it gets urine/feces into your skin. This is the main mechanism of skin infection.
3. Moisturize every single day. Preferably every single change. Use a lot of lotion, seriously. Dry skin is another boss-level enemy of long-term squishyness. Same mechanism. Cracks in dry skin get the bacteria right in there.
4. Drink water or neutral beverages. Acidic things like coffee or juice may give your urine more bite, thus decreasing your Safe Time.. But either way, it's all better than being on the dehydrated side. The more concentrated urine is, the quicker it will burn you and lead to possible skin infection.

Just the daily, between-diapers skincare routine will likely double your skin endurance. I have very sensitive skin as well. If I get it right, never a problem. 🤷

Reactions: WillFord384 and LonelyKitty
I've never had a diaper rash and I wear 24/7. My fiancee changes me in the morning, late afternoon and before we go to bed. She always wipes me thoroughly and powders me before she pins a new diaper on.

Oh, well I usually do a quick wash during changes and don't wear longer than a couple hours and that seems to work for me

LonelyKitty said:
I often go 8 or so hours and several wetting accedents in a single diaper before changing. As long as I clean thoroughly and use lotion I don't usually get diaper rash. I pee myself always, never use the toilet,24/7 and stay wet.

Reactions: LonelyKitty
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back