How do you change a messy diaper by yourself.

SeasideDiaper

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Been thinking of using my diapers for more than just peeing but I'm curious what is the right way to change a messy diaper?

Reactions: Seabear, Jorelaxed and DIAPERBOY34
1. Wipe as much as possible with any clean portion of the messy diaper, 2. adult wipes, as many as necessary, I usually only need two, 3. wet and soapy wash cloth, 4. rinse wash cloth and wipe diaper area with just wet wash cloth, 5. pat dry, 6. clean diaper and you are good to go (no pun intended).

Reactions: artemisenterri, Jorelaxed, mistykitty and 2 others
Thank you this was very straightforward and informative 👍

Reactions: Jorelaxed
Frungie said:
1. Wipe as much as possible with any clean portion of the messy diaper, 2. adult wipes, as many as necessary, I usually only need two, 3. wet and soapy wash cloth, 4. rinse wash cloth and wipe diaper area with just wet wash cloth, 5. pat dry, 6. clean diaper and you are good to go (no pun intended).
How would you do this if you not at home? Meaning you don't have any soapy water on hand.

Family restroom

Reactions: Jorelaxed and mistykitty
I don't mess often and when I do it's only in private either at home or a friend's house so I'll always use some wipes then hop in the shower right after I de-diaper myself. If doing it while out and about this of course wouldn't be an option, but I personally wouldn't purposefully mess while out in public.

Reactions: artemisenterri, Jorelaxed, MarshallDylan and 1 other person
Frungie said:
do you use diaper cream or not?

Reactions: Jorelaxed
SeasideDiaper said:
Been thinking of using my diapers for more than just peeing but I'm curious what is the right way to change a messy diaper?
Carefully!
;-)

Reactions: artemisenterri and SeasideDiaper
Take nappy off, wipe any excess and then jump in the shower. Easy peasy. I normally mess myself in bed when I wake up in the mornings have my breakfast and then jump in the shower and get ready for the day.

Reactions: artemisenterri, Hemix, Jorelaxed and 2 others
The only time I could use a shower for cleaning after a mess would be if I was staying at a hotel since I live with family. If I do mess I would have to change at a disable toilet or a secluded area of a nature reserve etc.

Yeah that makes it pretty difficult then I wouldn’t even consider messing myself on purpose if I didn’t have a shower to hand

Reactions: artemisenterri
Jg21101 said:
Yeah that makes it pretty difficult then I wouldn’t even consider messing myself on purpose if I didn’t have a shower to hand
That's fair. Bet it's quite convenient to mess your diaper in the morning.

Yeah I’ve always done in since I was a kid really so hard habit to break haha

Reactions: DIAPERBOY34
Jg21101 said:
Yeah I’ve always done in since I was a kid really so hard habit to break haha
I see so you have never been out of diaper then?

not for bed no

Jg21101 said:
not for bed no
I have a question: do you use baby powder or diaper cream before putting on a diaper? or not?

No

@SeasideDiaper Your best bet for messing is to do so when you will have quick access to a shower after because it's simpler than wipes. Also, know the longer you wear it after the mess the harder it gets to clean up because it has time to dry on your body even if no hair.

I don't mess mine without access to a shower but I support a hybrid of @foxkits and @Frungie. Using a family restroom allows for locking the door which gives you the time and your also not taking a stall or handicap stall from someone and the instructions given for handling cleanup and new diaper are spot on.

Reactions: artemisenterri
I cant see why anyone wants to mess themself. I have had way my fare share and it sucks it public places. It takes lots of practise to get good at cleaning up after a mess. Mine are often loose making it much worse. I try to wipe what I an off with the diaper as it comes off, then I normally use a blue bed pad to get most all of it off and then wipes. I am disabled and not real flexible anymore so a lot of time I poor perineal cleaner on another clean blue pad and use it to kind of floss my but so to speak. Lol It is a lot faster than using a lot of wipes for loose stool., But I honestly think it is one of the worse things that a person can go through to loose control of #2. You need to change as fast as you can after going as poop is very hard on the skin and it can cause one hell of a bladder infection if it gets up in the right spot. I have an entire thread on loose stool and UTI's. I have had 2 hospital stays this year already for it and had to take IV antibiotics through a picc line for six weeks. So I 100% am not a fan. If you do be careful and do not stay in it too long, Every ones skin reacts different. I do not use diaper creams as they clog up the poors in the diaper and will break down the glue seams as well causing leaks. Plus I am very sensitive to creams and powders causing UTI's. If you have never had one you will not be a fan when it comes your turn.

Reactions: artemisenterri and Hemix
mistykitty said:
@SeasideDiaper Your best bet for messing is to do so when you will have quick access to a shower after because it's simpler than wipes. Also, know the longer you wear it after the mess the harder it gets to clean up because it has time to dry on your body even if no hair.

I don't mess mine without access to a shower but I support a hybrid of @foxkits and @Frungie. Using a family restroom allows for locking the door which gives you the time and your also not taking a stall or handicap stall from someone and the instructions given for handling cleanup and new diaper are spot on.
Thank you for the advice mistykitty 😁

Reactions: mistykitty
Back