How did you become incontinence?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diaperman95 said:
I Work very hard to take my meds as prescribed and not abuse them. My body is dependent on them and will hurt worse if I miss a dose due to withdraw. But I never get a buzz or high off anything my meds. But I can understand how easy it would be to abuse them.
Toradol injections really help me but I guess they can hurt your liver and stuff too. But pain meds are not good either almost all my teeth ruined from the pain meds.
There are always side effects from the Med's, you are damned if you do and damned if you don't. My back injuries are really my fault being all gung ho in my youth and working at my job doing some heavy manufacturing of roof top A/C units then I got into Quality Control and a Lab job. Much better for my back and even better when I was a supervisor. My surgeries are done at a day surgery but not that invasive. It was basically like acupuncture having needles put into the nerves to burn them dead. No more pain for up to two years the first time then it lasted a bit less each time but still good results. After Covid hit I could not go for two years but the pain is a lot less than in the beginning so I will just grin and bare it for now. The incontinence is from the nerve damage and I never know when I need to pee I just start and can't stop until empty. Not so bad if you can reach a bathroom but at night I just wake up soaked. Hope you can manage to keep on keeping on as they say in Britain.

Diaperman95 said:
I Work very hard to take my meds as prescribed and not abuse them. My body is dependent on them and will hurt worse if I miss a dose due to withdraw. But I never get a buzz or high off anything my meds. But I can understand how easy it would be to abuse them.
Toradol injections really help me but I guess they can hurt your liver and stuff too. But pain meds are not good either almost all my teeth ruined from the pain meds.
Toradol is actually the only med that helps I was talking about. IV helps more but they have a pill form too.

Angelapinks said:
There are always side effects from the Med's, you are damned if you do and damned if you don't. My back injuries are really my fault being all gung ho in my youth and working at my job doing some heavy manufacturing of roof top A/C units then I got into Quality Control and a Lab job. Much better for my back and even better when I was a supervisor. My surgeries are done at a day surgery but not that invasive. It was basically like acupuncture having needles put into the nerves to burn them dead. No more pain for up to two years the first time then it lasted a bit less each time but still good results. After Covid hit I could not go for two years but the pain is a lot less than in the beginning so I will just grin and bare it for now. The incontinence is from the nerve damage and I never know when I need to pee I just start and can't stop until empty. Not so bad if you can reach a bathroom but at night I just wake up soaked. Hope you can manage to keep on keeping on as they say in Britain.
I will always dig deep and keep in the fight. I have way too many people that love me. I know I should live for myself but sometimes it is easier to find the strength to do it for the ones that need me. I can understand how low a person can get to take their life. I have been their but I find my strength for my daughter and wife. They would not forgive me. But gastroparesis has been hell on earth for me to live at times. throwing up non stop every 2 min for two to three days straight with very little breaks between dry heaving. I have thrown up blood several times from how bad it gets irritated from dry heaving. I would not wish this crap on my worse enemy. So I understand how a person can say enough is enough but I can't let my family down. It may sound a bit nerdy but it is what gives me the strength to endure. I have surgery the 14th to try and fix this shit. I hope it works. I am glad you found a better job that does not wreck your body to bad. I wish I could of did that. Every time I work my way to the top my health has cost me the job. I was flat out fired once over a shoulder injury to a company that I had a huge part in their success. Then 2 times I have been asked to resign because of work missed due to my health. I doubt I will ever be healthy enough to work again if I am honest. I really miss it and I feel bad living on a government check but the fact is I payed into the system big time. I worked 80 to 100 hours a week all my life until I could not. I would love to be able to jump back into a truck with what they pay drivers in the states right now. But I know I would not be able to do it very long. I was incontinent long before all this and I never let it slow me down. You won't either I can tell. Sorry to un load on you it feels good to talk about my issues sometimes. I just feel like no one knows what it is like. But then I found this whole group of people and many of you make my life sound way more normal. I think you are smart for not letting them do any major back surgery. I am glad what you had done helped a lot. Incontinence is not that big of a deal if it is just bladder. Many great products I just wish more people was understanding. Then the cost of Diapers is not cheap so that's a down side. North shore just got $200 of my check. Oh well what are you going to do we play the hand we was dealt.

Reactions: Angelapinks
EagleScout said:
Toradol is actually the only med that helps I was talking about. IV helps more but they have a pill form too.
yes it is good stuff. I use to get the worse migraines and it helps with them more than any narcotic ever will. I told the doctor that once at a ER and he said yeah we can tell when a person has a real headache or is after drugs. I mean don't get me wrong some narcotics can help but most headaches are caused by inflammation of blood vessels and Toradol kicks the shit out of inflammation. But I guess some people get mad when they want pain meds and is given it. I will take what ever works the best.

Diaperman95 said:
yes it is good stuff. I use to get the worse migraines and it helps with them more than any narcotic ever will. I told the doctor that once at a ER and he said yeah we can tell when a person has a real headache or is after drugs. I mean don't get me wrong some narcotics can help but most headaches are caused by inflammation of blood vessels and Toradol kicks the shit out of inflammation. But I guess some people get mad when they want pain meds and is given it. I will take what ever works the best.
I remember being 12 or 13 in the hospital in severe pain for the umpteenth time begging the doctor for Toradol. I mean hell what kind of 12/13 knows to ask for a drug in the first place that isn't a narcotic? The doctor refused and wanted to see if Morphine worked first. After being on max dose of Morphine for 4+ hours straight (had the button to press anytime I was in severe pain to press it, wait a few minute and only press it again if still in same pain if not more) when the nurse called the doctor in, was like 3 am. The doctor walks in and asks "You been on max dose of Morphine for over 4 hours. How the hell are you still awake, let alone in pain?" I just look at him with pleading eyes and ask "Can I have Toradol now?" Doc looks from me to my mom who was in the room as if seeking her permission. My mother informed him "He is your patient not me." Doctor then wrote a script for Toradol and according to my mom I was asleep within 90 minutes.....

EagleScout said:
I remember being 12 or 13 in the hospital in severe pain for the umpteenth time begging the doctor for Toradol. I mean hell what kind of 12/13 knows to ask for a drug in the first place that isn't a narcotic? The doctor refused and wanted to see if Morphine worked first. After being on max dose of Morphine for 4+ hours straight (had the button to press anytime I was in severe pain to press it, wait a few minute and only press it again if still in same pain if not more) when the nurse called the doctor in, was like 3 am. The doctor walks in and asks "You been on max dose of Morphine for over 4 hours. How the hell are you still awake, let alone in pain?" I just look at him with pleading eyes and ask "Can I have Toradol now?" Doc looks from me to my mom who was in the room as if seeking her permission. My mother informed him "He is your patient not me." Doctor then wrote a script for Toradol and according to my mom I was asleep within 90 minutes.....
Wow. I have always had good luck with it. Sometimes my joints just get so inflamed and I will ask for a injection I have had the pills before but they like most anti inflammatory meds they tear my stomach up so bad I can not take them. I cant even take Ibuprofen.

• Sad
Diaperman95 said:
Wow. I have always had good luck with it. Sometimes my joints just get so inflamed and I will ask for a injection I have had the pills before but they like most anti inflammatory meds they tear my stomach up so bad I can not take them. I cant even take Ibuprofen.
The Morphine didn't help at all. Toradol did but doctor did not want to give a 12 year old Toradol if he could help it.

• Wow
Severe overactive bladder in my 20s. Possible nerve damage From UTIs or injury. Anal fissure has caused fecal incontinence (rare and moderate). it’s a part of my life that I hide and partners have been accepting but find it gross sometimes. I’m sometimes smelly and i tend to stay home a lot. hoping to meet someone who is also incontinent or very accepting.
jess

Reactions: puravidadip and surprise35
Hit while stopped at a traffic light by a car doing 55 MPH

I had several surgeries, the last one was supposed to help me pee but I was struggling to pee at all and although that worked I now wake up every day wet with pee so it went from one extreme to another, there is a long waiting list to do anything about it but since covid hit there doesn’t seem to be even an appointment. At times I leak from the other end, it’s not as serious but I means some days I am constantly dirty

As my name suggests I have autism and incontinence. I will be autistic and totally incontinent for life.

Reactions: Fleetwoodmac32192
Herniated L5-S1- It was a left paracentral disc herniation with severe dessication of the disc- secondary spondilolisthsis and retrolisthesis.
In layman's terms- I herniated my disc and then it dried up causing the slow collapse of my spine which compressed the nerve. This dessicated disc also caused my spine to move back and forth. Basically my spine and nerves were getting used as a punching bag for over 1 year. My incontinence started back in July. I would be sitting down and upon standing I would have a bladder spasm and then wet myself.
I got fusion surgery in Mid-November to fix my back. The Urologist said that the surgery will either fix my incontinence or it won't.
Only time will tell.
I consider myself fortunate that I was already DL (and slightly AB) prior to all this, because with my previous DL experiences I was much more prepared for this. Before becoming incontinent I can say that yes I had on a couple occassions fantasized about going 24/7 but it just wasn't practical, and I preferred to have a choice. Now I may not get a choice. The hardest part was when my parents came to visit me in the hospital and because I was wearing a diaper I figured this would be the best time to tell them about my incontinence issues. I didn't tell them when my issues started but rather just that I was having issues now which may or may not clear up in the next couple months.

• Sad
Reactions: KenBear and Angelapinks
varis67 said:
Herniated L5-S1- It was a left paracentral disc herniation with severe dessication of the disc- secondary spondilolisthsis and retrolisthesis.
In layman's terms- I herniated my disc and then it dried up causing the slow collapse of my spine which compressed the nerve. This dessicated disc also caused my spine to move back and forth. Basically my spine and nerves were getting used as a punching bag for over 1 year. My incontinence started back in July. I would be sitting down and upon standing I would have a bladder spasm and then wet myself.
I got fusion surgery in Mid-November to fix my back. The Urologist said that the surgery will either fix my incontinence or it won't.
Only time will tell.
I consider myself fortunate that I was already DL (and slightly AB) prior to all this, because with my previous DL experiences I was much more prepared for this. Before becoming incontinent I can say that yes I had on a couple occassions fantasized about going 24/7 but it just wasn't practical, and I preferred to have a choice. Now I may not get a choice. The hardest part was when my parents came to visit me in the hospital and because I was wearing a diaper I figured this would be the best time to tell them about my incontinence issues. I didn't tell them when my issues started but rather just that I was having issues now which may or may not clear up in the next couple months.
I have had similar problems with my back in that the lower four disks are degenerated and to stop the pain I had a procedure that burned the nerves in my spine. The pain was gone and it was wonderful but after having this done for 8 years it has caused my incontinence which the doctor said may happen. I was not a diaper lover up to this point but I did have a fetish for plastic and rubber pants so I had plenty of those but now I have very little if any control of my bladder so I need to wear a night time diaper and pull ups during the day. I never know when I will wet myself it just starts and I can't seem to stop it.

Reactions: Diaperman95
mine is from diabetes and BPH. had to have torodal after rotator cuff surgery anf that was after other meds there that werent working

varis67 said:
Only time will tell.
WOW I hate back pain. I have advanced degenerative disk at L5 s1 but I will live with it until I cant. I was incontinent before my back injury but I sure wonder if it has not made things worse not to mention the bowel IC I never had before that I have 2 or 3times a month for the last few years. sometimes more often sometimes less but I never had it until my back went south. I have numbness down my right leg since 2015 and now it is in my buttocks and around my A hole to my sack is numb most days. now it is starting in my left leg.

It is not the first time your parents ever seen you in a diaper. I am sure they just are glad you are doing better. Diapers have a horrible stigma to the people who don't use them just because they don't understand nothing about it. But your parents will be happy for you to have some freedom and a chance at a normal life. If that is what it takes I mean without them my life would be lived in the restroom. Don't be embarrassed about it not a single person I know would let piss run down their leg. Instead be glad you live in a time that has the best incontinent supplies ever made. If you have not tried Northshore I highly recommend the mega max.

24/7 no choice is no joke I don't know why anyone would wish for that.

Did the fusion seem to help with the pain? I just know to many people that end up in worse shape after fusion. But I do realize sometimes it is not a choice it is that or you could end up in a chair. So I not judging you. I would love to get all this numbness and burning fixed. But I have had enough surgery to last me a lifetime already. I have 27 staples in my stomach as I speak. I still have to try and get a new hip done this summer.

I am recovering from 25 years of anorexia binge purge subtype and 20 years of laxative abuse/dependence. My pelvic muscles are super weak and I am now newly bladder and bowel incontinent. Hoping physical therapy helps put it behind me.

Diaperman95 said:
WOW I hate back pain. I have advanced degenerative disk at L5 s1 but I will live with it until I cant. I was incontinent before my back injury but I sure wonder if it has not made things worse not to mention the bowel IC I never had before that I have 2 or 3times a month for the last few years. sometimes more often sometimes less but I never had it until my back went south. I have numbness down my right leg since 2015 and now it is in my buttocks and around my A hole to my sack is numb most days. now it is starting in my left leg.

It is not the first time your parents ever seen you in a diaper. I am sure they just are glad you are doing better. Diapers have a horrible stigma to the people who don't use them just because they don't understand nothing about it. But your parents will be happy for you to have some freedom and a chance at a normal life. If that is what it takes I mean without them my life would be lived in the restroom. Don't be embarrassed about it not a single person I know would let piss run down their leg. Instead be glad you live in a time that has the best incontinent supplies ever made. If you have not tried Northshore I highly recommend the mega max.

24/7 no choice is no joke I don't know why anyone would wish for that.

Did the fusion seem to help with the pain? I just know to many people that end up in worse shape after fusion. But I do realize sometimes it is not a choice it is that or you could end up in a chair. So I not judging you. I would love to get all this numbness and burning fixed. But I have had enough surgery to last me a lifetime already. I have 27 staples in my stomach as I speak. I still have to try and get a new hip done this summer.
My disc had degenerated quite a bit. normally the L5-S1 should be about 11-12 mm thick. Mine was down to 1mm, so somtimes my vertebrae would touch. Based on what you indicate of your symptoms you could have gradual onset cauda equina, so I would recommend asking your doctor about that.
No obviously it's not the first time my parents have seen me diapered, but it was the first time in 38 years... They actually took it well. My mother has since asked me a few questions, but I don't feel she is prying. Rather I think she is just trying to understand what I'm dealing with. If anything it's kinda surprising as I figured she'd be demanding that I get more tests, or try more options or see more doctors. Instead she seems to be accepting everything. She did ask if pull-ups were an option and I told her no. I may only have urinary inc but as far as I'm concerned pull-ups are junk pushed by the manufacturers to increase their profits. I'd rather wear an actual plastic backed, THICK, LOUD, diaper and KNOW that I'm not going to leak. ;)
As for Megamax, that's what I was wearing in the hospital. I brought my own and requested that the nursing staff use them. They had zero issue with that and most made comments as to the quality being so much better than what they had. At home I use Rearz safari or alpaca, but if I need to go to the doctor I use a white megamax. Over the holidays I used a white bambino (thinner and quieter) and my wife helped me with checks/changes while at various family members houses. Since I'm still using a walker no one questioned her going into the bathroom with me.

The fusion helped with the pain. I have recently had some issues with my hips, but I will be going in for my 6 week follow-up soon so I will be asking the DR at that time about it. For the surgery I had a 7.5 inch incision with 34 staples. When I went for my 2 week follow-up it was with the nurse and she was able to remove 23 of the staples. Overnight I had a noticable drop in pain. 5 days later I went back to get the other 11 staples taken out and again had a noticable drop in pain. I am now 5 weeks out and I don't have any surgical pain, but I can feel the muscles that had to be cut, slowly rebuilding themselves.
I chose to take the surgical option because I was getting worse. Somedays would be OK, but the bad days were getting to the point where it was painful to even stand up much less walk. I couldn't lift much due to the pain, and I had a LOT of issues while sleeping. Like most people I would roll over in my sleep every 45 minutes- 1 hour. When this would happen I would get that sharp pain from my back and down my legs which would instantly wake me up. Waking 5-6 times in a night starts to mess with your mental health and I was starting to have feelings of depression. (been there done that when I was a teen and almost ended up in a mental ward- so I did NOT want to keep going down that road)

All in all I am glad that I got my fusion surgery. I know that a few months from now I will be back at 100% (incont not withstanding). My mental health has mostly returned. Most importantly I regards to wearing diapers, I used to live in constant fear that someone would find out. Even when my incont started last July I know that if someone had caught me I had the legit excuse of having spinal issues, but it was something that I still was very anxious about. Now, if someone were to figure out that I'm diapered I have more of a who cares attitude. I'm not going to advertise it, but I'm also not going to worry about hiding it either.

watergoose said:
I am recovering from 25 years of anorexia binge purge subtype and 20 years of laxative abuse/dependence. My pelvic muscles are super weak and I am now newly bladder and bowel incontinent. Hoping physical therapy helps put it behind me.
As someone who's currently in the midst of a bad relapse with anorexia binge purge subtype, I do feel for you. I hope physical therapy helps. And I'm sorry you've been through this

Reactions: watergoose
Milianna said:
As someone who's currently in the midst of a bad relapse with anorexia binge purge subtype, I do feel for you. I hope physical therapy helps. And I'm sorry you've been through this
Thank you. I’m sorry you are going through it too.

Well in 2010 I started having issues. Soon after I was diagnosed with bladder retention, chronic prostatitis and later a neurologic bladder. Since then I've had dry times and wet. A constant rollercoaster of incontinence. You can throw a bit of bowel incontinence in as well.
Its the spice of life🥴.

Reactions: Lethdale, puravidadip and Angelapinks
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back