How did you become incontinence?

Status
Not open for further replies.
furry121 said:
I honestly can not wait to get Neurology workup.
I'm also going to have a workup. Bloodwork and tests will be performed. I frequently wet and poop in my diaper.

Last edited:
I don't know.

Maybe it's a combination of autism, stress or something. I just have OAB that flares up and down.

And right now, it's flaring up

Reactions: Napincolove and Baker31
SeniorMan said:
I'm also going to have a workup. Bloodwork and tests will be performed. I frequently wet and poop in my diaper.
For the urinary incontinence, a cotton-swab test, cough stress test, measurement of PVR (postvoid residual) urine volume, cystoscopy, and a urodynamic study may be done. For the fecal incontinence, blood, stool, and urine tests and tests on how well the muscles and nerves in my anus, pelvic floor, and rectum are working may be done.

Last edited:
Scaramouche said:
I had prostate cancer and had it removed. Ever since then I've been constantly leaking.
How long is it since you had your prostatectomy? I had mine a couple of years ago, and I have been incontinent ever since; pelvic floor exercises never helped, and I gave up on them after about a year. I am not in the least bit surprised about this (and even less bothered about it!), as I have had bladder control issues for most of my life anyway, so it was no surprise that the prostatectomy simply made my incontinence total.

TheWetOne said:
How long is it since you had your prostatectomy?
4 years ago.

I had a radical prostatectomy, November 13, 2002. I've needed some type of protection ever since.

Reactions: Deleted member 29386
LimeBloodedNoir said:
Ulcerative colitis. Its basically open wounds all throughout your colon, and, since your GI tract is basically constantly being abused, it gets a little hard to get to the bathroom in time.
Plus, my diet really does not help with it, since im on a strict diet due to the illness, lest I want to be in a LOT of pain.
I've got the same thing.
For years I was fine and then in the last two years it's happened, flares up and if I try to control / stop whatever is going to happen, lots of pain follows.

What sort of diet are you on if you don't mind me asking. My doctor just advised me to avoid spicy foods and don't eat brown bread xD

L4 L5 S1 damage. And Effects of HRT. Plus some definite give no fuks easier to be diapered than even deal with idiots over a damn bathroom in stupid areas of the world.

I know I don't have full on incontinence, I do have incontinence issues from time to time I have a really small bladder and it is way too active, I can go pee and 5 minutes later I need to go again. I have chrones disease and suffered with IBS my whole life so there's no more car rides with out a diaper on, I don't wish bowel issues on my worst enemies, it is not fun and I am terrified that one day I'll mess in public and not be prepared. All we can do is try to live the best life we can and make the most of each day

• Sad
Reactions: Pino and abdl86
I have IBS and bathrooms are more difficult to find on an urgent basis post-covid. It's easier to either wear a large pad or depends type diapers. The combination of the two provides maximal protection for me. I try to time it (if that's even possible) to have my messes at home, where I don't have to care about the effects of being soiled in public.

WetfurryFox said:
I have IBS and bathrooms are more difficult to find on an urgent basis post-covid. It's easier to either wear a large pad or depends type diapers. The combination of the two provides maximal protection for me. I try to time it (if that's even possible) to have my messes at home, where I don't have to care about the effects of being soiled in public.
I take a anti diarrhea medicine 2/3 hours before I go to restaurant with family or if we are going to be out for more than 6 hours it's not a recommended solution for any problem but it's what my doctor recommended to me for my particular problem. It seems to take a minimum of 2 hours to take effect if it's the pill verses the liquid, I would strongly suggest to do this only if you must, and get a second opinion from your doctor

• Thinking
Reactions: WetfurryFox
AlisterTheGreat said:
I take a anti diarrhea medicine 2/3 hours before I go to restaurant with family or if we are going to be out for more than 6 hours it's not a recommended solution for any problem but it's what my doctor recommended to me for my particular problem. It seems to take a minimum of 2 hours to take effect if it's the pill verses the liquid, I would strongly suggest to do this only if you must, and get a second opinion from your doctor
Thanks, that's a great idea! I currently take meds after diarrhea: a loperamide/simethicone combo, but I'll ask about either taking that or another Rx prior to eating. Next time I see my gastroenterologist, that'll be on my list of questions. Thx again for the suggestion.

I was ok with it , now I am not. , in denial again and having tried ignoring it and caused accidents, mine is due to nerve damage.

mechanicX said:
I was ok with it , now I am not. , in denial again and having tried ignoring it and caused accidents, mine is due to nerve damage.
I just learned to live with it. I have nerve damage and very little bladder control.

I was fine until one day at the age of around 5 we as a family went on a bus trip of two hours duration, I did "spend a penny" before we got on the bus but none the less it was not long until I needed to go again, by the time we got home I thought I was going to explode as I was in so much pain, I stood at the toilet for what seemed like an eternity and peed what I thought was a gallon, from that moment on things changed dramatically, no more getting on with life as was, I was a slave to the toilet, if I had a drink I had to pee it out within 15 to 20 minutes as fluids have always gone straight through me to pointvwhere my Bladder ran me and not the other way round.
For the average persons one pee I will do three and that is how it has been for most of my life, my capacity was around 200 ml but is now around 90 ml.
Nappies are a life savers !😀

Reactions: Diaperman95
ibis and urge incontinence Feel the need the go within seconds i think i have some nerve damage due to diabetes

Last edited:
Hodtwalker said:
ibis and urge incontinence Feel the need the go within seconds i think i have some nerve damage due to diabetes
I have nerve damage as well due to diabetes. I'm bladder incontinent but over time I became really incontinent as well.

A little over 3 years ago I wet the bed every night for a whole week. My best lady friend made me go to the VA hospital and see a doctor. He said my bladder was weak and he recommended I wear diapers at bedtime. He said it could get better over time or worse. I was devastated but I know I'm not alone and I'm dealing with it much better now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back