How bad are pacis for your teeth, really?

gnd567

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I've always considered myself lucky to have good teeth. I've had a few adult pacifiers over the years but never really used them that much. I got a new one last summer and used it a few times but it wasn't until about a week or so that I started using it on a regular basis.

I've been dealing with stress and anxiety lately and have found that using my paci very comforting and helps me unwind before bedtime. I don't sleep with it in all night but I sleep with it for the last hour or so before I have to get up. You see, I always wake up needing to pee and it's almost always 60-90 mins before the time I actually need to wake up so I usually go back to sleep for an hour or so and that's when I sleep with my paci in. I also take naps sometimes and I have been using it too.

In total, I've been using it roughly one to two hours a day for the past 7-10 days. The pacifiers I've had in the past all made my mouth/teeth ache after a few minutes but this one is much more confutable and doesn't hurt my teeth at all. Sometimes I even forget I have it in.

My question is, am I using it too much? I really don't want to cause myself any dental problems from using it too much. Most days I only use it for about an hour, maybe two hours if I take a nap but I don't sleep with it all night because I don't want to cause myself problems or become too dependent on it.

Last edited:
I don't think you are using it too much, im sure there are people here on adisc who use their pacis way more. I know i would if i could have the privacy to use one, and if i had one that fits my mouth better. If your teeth hurt id suggest finding one thats more comfy, maybe one that is softer?

Sundae said:
I don't think you are using it too much, im sure there are people here on adisc who use their pacis way more. I know i would if i could have the privacy to use one, and if i had one that fits my mouth better. If your teeth hurt id suggest finding one thats more comfy, maybe one that is softer?
That’s a relief. I’d probably also probably use mine more if I had privacy. This one doesn’t hurt my teeth at all and it’s very soft.

gnd567 said:
That’s a relief. I’d probably also probably use mine more if I had privacy. This one doesn’t hurt my teeth at all and it’s very soft.
Its good that it doesn't hurt your teeth. My paci is a bit too small, being meant for babies. (I didnt have enough to get a nice adult paci) but atleast its super soft and doesn't hurt my teeth unless i try grinding them. But the paci is there to help me stop from grinding my teeth too hard!

Sundae said:
Its good that it doesn't hurt your teeth. My paci is a bit too small, being meant for babies. (I didnt have enough to get a nice adult paci) but atleast its super soft and doesn't hurt my teeth unless i try grinding them. But the paci is there to help me stop from grinding my teeth too hard!
This is my third paci and it’s the best one I’ve ever had.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
That's a great question actually. I use my paci every night, all night. It helps me keep my mouth closed when using my cpap. It also helps me from grinding my teeth as a bonus. Sometimes I do still wake up with sore teeth... Leaves me wondering if I'm doing some longer term damage or even tooth shifting... Might be worth taking to A dentist...

Gnd567 what paci do you use now?

Reactions: Jim100
srmousse said:
Gnd567 what paci do you use now?
It’s a Rearz pacifier. It’s adult sized.

I have a custom brux guard, $3,000.00 that is for grinding, (what a racket that is!) I also have my paci $29.00 it prevents grinding as well.

When I put the brux guard in, it is very tight, and I can tell it is shifting my teeth a little bit, in the morning when I awaken my bite is not quite the same.

When I use my paci, when I awaken...if I had it in all night, my teeth "might" be a little bit sore.

I use the paci maybe 2 nights a week, the brux guard the rest of the time. I like the paci better. So, if my teeth are shifting with the paci, I know the brux guard gets them back into position.

I have no idea...I have no teeth. Figured that was the perfect event to kick my pacifier love into overdrive so I bought a lot...including adult-sized Mam pacifiers, which look so incredibly, realistically babylike...and feel so, so comfortably, sweetly soothing. 🥰🧸:sleep:

The issue with teeth stems from parents dipping them in sugar or honey.

gnd567 said:
It’s a Rearz pacifier. It’s adult sized.
That would be Gen 2 one with the soft center and solid sides?
If its comfy & not hurting your teeth then no problems, maybe the ones just weren't for you.

What were the previous ones you were using that made your teeth hurt?

Last edited:
littlemoosey said:
So, if my teeth are shifting with the paci, I know the brux guard gets them back into position.
Teeth shifting is my biggest concern. I don’t want to mess until my straight teeth

MandyBear said:
That would be Gen 2 one with the soft center and solid sides?
If its comfy & not hurting your teeth then no problems, maybe the ones just weren't for you.

What were the previous ones you were using that made your teeth hurt?
They were Nuk 5’s.

DLForever99999 said:
The issue with teeth stems from parents dipping them in sugar or honey.
I’m sure that’s not good for teeth either but more concerned about my teeth shifting.

BobbiSueEllen said:
including adult-sized Mam pacifiers, which look so incredibly, realistically babylike...and feel so, so comfortably, sweetly soothing. 🥰🧸:sleep:
I’m not sure but I think mine is similar.

gnd567 said:
I’m not sure but I think mine is similar.
Like dese?

20210215_110858.png

• Love
Reactions: gnd567
Relax, y'all. I'm not yelling. The OP is blind, and it helps. He says it's like looking through 2 straws.

Anyway, my teeth moved when I got mine. That frickin' hurt! It was backpressure. My teeth haven't hurt that bad since braces! It was the exact pain, too, just from the other direction.

• Wow
SpAzpieSweeTot said:
Anyway, my teeth moved when I got mine. That frickin' hurt! It was backpressure. My teeth haven't hurt that bad since braces! It was the exact pain, too, just from the other direction.
That’s my concern. Today is the first time I’ve noticed any soreness but even then it was very minimal and stopped after a minute or two.

Last edited:
Back