• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

Hi all! Just trying to find my place in the universe

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayjoy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hello ADISC members and future friends! I'm new here, so sorry if I'm posting my introduction in the wrong section. I'm young, yet somehow technologically challenged.

Y'all can call me Jay. I'm currently in my last full-time semester in undergrad, pursuing a degree in music.

I'm here because I am a diaper lover. I've lurked guiltily on this site off-and-on for several years now, but recently my partner has helped me to embrace this side of myself. I'm very grateful to them for their undying love, understanding and support. So now, here I am!

Anyway, other things about myself - I love music. All kinds, really, but I'm most passionate about classical music. I also enjoy reading novels (especially fantasy) and learning about world religions. Chocolate's pretty important in my life, as are videogames (read: Pokemon and Zelda) and board games. I've recently started playing correspondence chess, so if anyone's interested in starting a game, hit me up!

What am I looking for out of this site? I'm not really sure, but I'm hoping to figure that out as I go along. I imagine I'll be more of a lurker to begin with, but if the opportunity presents itself, I'd love to take a more active, conversational part as well. I'm just hoping to find friends, I guess!

Well, thanks for reading all this. Hope it's not too wordy; brevity was never my strong point. If any of you think we share any common interests, I'd love to hear about it! I hope we all get along. Peace, love and joy!

Hi Jay and welcome! This is the place for an intro and that wasn't too wordy at all! It gave us a great insight to you. There is another member here named Dogboy who also has a degree in music. He should be here shortly. What do you hope to do with your music degree?

There's also a lot of gamers here who share your like for those games you mentioned. I see you have already been active in the threads and that's a good start to being an "unlurker" here.

We hope you enjoy yourself here and look forward to seeing you in more threads!

Welcome Jay! I'd say this site is a good place to start for a little soul-searching. It's really fantastic to hear your partner supports you, it's something not all of us have so always cherish it (you totally already are though)! I've personally found this place to be a great beginning point for an introspective experience of your DL side so please explore and integrate!

Reading through your introduction I was so surprised to see you and I have a lot in common! I'm actually in my second last semester of undergrad studying a bachelor of music too! I'm a huge jazz head but most of the time I prefer to say that I just like good music, it can come from any genre - I've been getting around some classical music for my upcoming recital too. If you wanna talk anything music please feel free to message me! I see you replied to my chess thread just before as well, I'm still pretty terrible at it so maybe if I have the spare time to work on my play we can have a few games! And although I don't get lots of time to play video games these days I do spend a good chunk of my waking hours watching people play them online (it's kind of therapeutic for me!), it was only recently that I just finished watching a series of Pokemon White and started one of Skyward Sword.

I have no doubt you won't be short of potential friends on this site, we're a very kind, welcoming community and there's people on here of many different ages and backgrounds. Enjoy and welcome again! :eek:

jayjoy said:
Hello ADISC members and future friends! I'm new here, so sorry if I'm posting my introduction in the wrong section. I'm young, yet somehow technologically challenged.

Y'all can call me Jay. I'm currently in my last full-time semester in undergrad, pursuing a degree in music.

I'm here because I am a diaper lover. I've lurked guiltily on this site off-and-on for several years now, but recently my partner has helped me to embrace this side of myself. I'm very grateful to them for their undying love, understanding and support. So now, here I am!

Anyway, other things about myself - I love music. All kinds, really, but I'm most passionate about classical music. I also enjoy reading novels (especially fantasy) and learning about world religions. Chocolate's pretty important in my life, as are videogames (read: Pokemon and Zelda) and board games. I've recently started playing correspondence chess, so if anyone's interested in starting a game, hit me up!

What am I looking for out of this site? I'm not really sure, but I'm hoping to figure that out as I go along. I imagine I'll be more of a lurker to begin with, but if the opportunity presents itself, I'd love to take a more active, conversational part as well. I'm just hoping to find friends, I guess!

Well, thanks for reading all this. Hope it's not too wordy; brevity was never my strong point. If any of you think we share any common interests, I'd love to hear about it! I hope we all get along. Peace, love and joy!

Hi Jay and welcome. Also, thank you Scaramouche! I got my degree in organ performance from Westminster Choir College in 1970. Fortunately, I was also into rock music, something which has served me as a church music director as most church music these days is Contemporary Christian. I play and sing in our church praise band. My passion is classical music both in organ and piano. I spend most of my practice time on the piano as I bought a Yamaha N2 a couple of years ago. I play a lot of Bach and Chopin though I've taken on Debussy and Liszt as of late.

I think you'll enjoy this site. The more you become involved in participating in the threads, the more we'll get to know you and you will make friends. See you around.

Thanks for the warm welcome Scaramouche! I'm not sure what I'll be doing with my music degree, but I will probably start with teaching lessons and trying to find a good church music director position, and just take side gigs wherever they pop up.

(Okay I just submitted that, not knowing that I was replying to the whole thread rather than a single post... I'll figure this out eventually)

Cillow, I'd love to hear about your musical exploits and it's great that we have so much in common! I will definitely be messaging you in the near future. I have a recital coming up, as well. I actually rather enjoy watching other people play games, as well, so I completely get what you mean about watching such videos online.

Hi Dogboy, I just started taking organ lessons myself! I was fortunate enough to receive the AGO scholarship for 11 months of lessons, starting about a month ago. It's really cool that you went to Westminster; one of my best friends (a vocalist) graduated from there, and I know a few others who went there as well. It sounds like you have an exciting keyboard repertoire. I've been working on a set of Rachmaninov etudes for my upcoming recital.

Thanks all for kindly welcoming me; I look forward to seeing you all around the forums!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back