• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

Hello world:)

TheBestBoy

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hey guys!

Well, my name is Daniel, and I really enjoy wearing diapers! I'm a 31yo male, single and simply looking to make more and more sense of this strange desire that I've had for the last 17 years. I work in the film industry in Atlanta, GA, I love my job and have been given immense opportunities throughout my life. I have a lot to be thankful for, and while its hard for me to see my DL feelings as positive, I'm truly attempting to understand how to grow as an individual and get rid of shame and guilt I may feel around these feelings.

I've been seeing a therapist for quite some time now, and while I think I'm pretty close to understanding where these DL feelings came from, I'm now at the point of identifying and choosing what my response should be. I contend that not everything that makes you feel good is good, but not everything that makes you feel bad is bad. I'm looking to make some friends and develop healthy discussions with people who are also trying to grow in their character and in their relationships, with or without diapers.

Would really like to know how many of you have managed to let go of the shame and guilt associated with wearing diapers; the binge/purge cycle is a real thing.

Know you are loved,

Daniel
The Best Boy

Reactions: ILuvDiapers, Edgewater and Sealander
Welcome and enjoy

Reactions: Edgewater and TheBestBoy
Welcome! I've been through the binge/purge cycle many times, i'm still dealing with why I like them. but the shame and guilt has mostly left with time. At this point, I don't wear often but I always have some around when I want to wear I just keep a very low supply.

Hi there Daniel, welcome to ADISC! This is a great, supportive community to be a part of.

I've binged and purged a lot in the past, and I spent around a decade trying to avoid acting on my desires. After all that, I am these days trying to accept myself as an ABDL, live with it, and enjoy it.

For me, the shame mainly came from religious issues with masturbation (I'm Catholic). I would feel awful whenever I gave into my desires, more because I realized I had failed to live up to my standards than because wearing diapers is gross or weird. I haven't entirely worked through that problem yet. I'm currently giving acceptance a try, and living without the shame is liberating. But it remains to be seen whether I will decide to keep diapers in my life. I have further thoughts on the topic, some of which I've posted in recent threads.

I agree that not everything that feels good is good, nor is everything that feels bad bad. I think the question to ask about wearing diapers is: is it bad? Why would it be? What's wrong with being weird? What's wrong with having an outlet that other people would find strange? Those questions are only partly rhetorical. If you're going to beat yourself up over having a diaper fetish, though, you'd better have an answer to them that you endorse upon considered reflection. (Again, for me, apart from the shame I felt over masturbation, I find it relatively easy to remind myself that being weird is not bad.)

Hope some of that helps.

TheBestBoy said:
Hey guys!

Well, my name is Daniel, and I really enjoy wearing diapers! I'm a 31yo male, single and simply looking to make more and more sense of this strange desire that I've had for the last 17 years. I work in the film industry in Atlanta, GA, I love my job and have been given immense opportunities throughout my life. I have a lot to be thankful for, and while its hard for me to see my DL feelings as positive, I'm truly attempting to understand how to grow as an individual and get rid of shame and guilt I may feel around these feelings.

I've been seeing a therapist for quite some time now, and while I think I'm pretty close to understanding where these DL feelings came from, I'm now at the point of identifying and choosing what my response should be. I contend that not everything that makes you feel good is good, but not everything that makes you feel bad is bad. I'm looking to make some friends and develop healthy discussions with people who are also trying to grow in their character and in their relationships, with or without diapers.

Would really like to know how many of you have managed to let go of the shame and guilt associated with wearing diapers; the binge/purge cycle is a real thing.

Know you are loved,

Daniel
The Best Boy
Hello and welcome here

Hi, and yes. It's just a thing among so many vices a human indulges in. Pretty harmless and innocent, yet a divergent thing, I guess.:giggle: But at least for me, I gotta do what I gotta do to relax and celebrate when on "Happy time. " Welcome here

Reactions: KBoy, Edgewater and TheBestBoy
Sealander said:
Hi there Daniel, welcome to ADISC! This is a great, supportive community to be a part of.

I've binged and purged a lot in the past, and I spent around a decade trying to avoid acting on my desires. After all that, I am these days trying to accept myself as an ABDL, live with it, and enjoy it.

For me, the shame mainly came from religious issues with masturbation (I'm Catholic). I would feel awful whenever I gave into my desires, more because I realized I had failed to live up to my standards than because wearing diapers is gross or weird. I haven't entirely worked through that problem yet. I'm currently giving acceptance a try, and living without the shame is liberating. But it remains to be seen whether I will decide to keep diapers in my life. I have further thoughts on the topic, some of which I've posted in recent threads.

I agree that not everything that feels good is good, nor is everything that feels bad bad. I think the question to ask about wearing diapers is: is it bad? Why would it be? What's wrong with being weird? What's wrong with having an outlet that other people would find strange? Those questions are only partly rhetorical. If you're going to beat yourself up over having a diaper fetish, though, you'd better have an answer to them that you endorse upon considered reflection. (Again, for me, apart from the shame I felt over masturbation, I find it relatively easy to remind myself that being weird is not bad.)

Hope some of that helps.
As someone who grew up in a very religious setting, this is so relatable for me. I too haven’t fully decided if this is something I’m accepting, but I’m trying more-so to manage and control my urges. I recognize that the more I purge, the more the desire comes back with a vengeance.

Reactions: KBoy, Sealander and Edgewater
Woncrinklz said:
Hi, and yes. It's just a thing among so many vices a human indulges in. Pretty harmless and innocent, yet a divergent thing, I guess.:giggle: But at least for me, I gotta do what I gotta do to relax and celebrate when on "Happy time. " Welcome here
I guess I should be thankful that my diapers aren’t physically harming my body like many alternative vices do. Haha

Reactions: KBoy, Edgewater and Woncrinklz
Reactions: warmfeeling and Edgewater
TheBestBoy said:
I guess I should be thankful that my diapers aren’t physically harming my body like many alternative vices do. Haha
That's exactly what I was actually thinking when I wrote that. 🤭

scoo said:
Welcome! I've been through the binge/purge cycle many times, i'm still dealing with why I like them. but the shame and guilt has mostly left with time. At this point, I don't wear often but I always have some around when I want to wear I just keep a very low supply.
I think if I always keep some on hand, just in case, the urges don’t kick my butt the way they do when/if I throw them away. Also helps me save money lol

Reactions: Edgewater
Woncrinklz said:
That's exactly what I was actually thinking when I wrote that. 🤭
This is definitely a healthier coping mechanism, but I’ve been trying to understand why it’s a coping mechanism in the first place. Making some good progress on that:)

Reactions: Edgewater and Woncrinklz
Sealander said:

Hope some of that helps.
It’s also interesting because I find myself feeling more guilty and shame around the sexual aspect of it than the babyish aspect of it.

Reactions: Sealander and Edgewater
TheBestBoy said:
This is definitely a healthier coping mechanism, but I’ve been trying to understand why it’s a coping mechanism in the first place. Making some good progress on that:)
A very healthy coping mechanism. I have a feeling, though; that if humans simplify our existence, (Maybe known as world peace:unsure:), I'll still play in diapers.:giggle:

I come to this from a very different vantage point, but find that the center is near the same. It is my belief that one needs to find a comfort /acceptance of the reality that for whatever reason one either needs or wants to wear diapers. From there one can accept one's reality and begin choosing the next step(s).

As a result of a car crash, I became 24/7, U-IC. As a young man with a young family, I needed to get back into living life. Shortly after arriving home from hospital, I was wearing standard fair for those days; Flat cloth diapers and plastic pants. The next day, my very young son, my dear wife and I were out the front door! I quickly found that even with a clearly evident diaper in place, no one noticed or if they did, nothing was said.

Point being, once I accepted that I needed to wear diapers to be out and about, I could quickly get on with living life. Once you accept that for whatever reason you want to wear diapers, the quicker you can either enjoy when you want or you can reduce the overshadowing effect it is currently having and live your life with far less self-induced stress.

By the way, welcome and be welcomed to this unique World of ADISC!
A wonderful place as near everyone here is likely wearing a diaper!
Enjoy!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Woncrinklz, KBoy and TheBestBoy
Woncrinklz said:
A very healthy coping mechanism. I have a feeling, though; that if humans simplify our existence, (Maybe known as world peace:unsure:), I'll still play in
Edgewater said:
I come to this from a very different vantage point, but find that the center is near the same. It is my belief that one needs to find a comfort /acceptance of the reality that for whatever reason one either needs or wants to wear diapers. From there one can accept one's reality and begin choosing the next step(s).

As a result of a car crash, I became 24/7, U-IC. As a young man with a young family, I needed to get back into living life. Shortly after arriving home from hospital, I was wearing standard fair for those days; Flat cloth diapers and plastic pants. The next day, my very young son, my dear wife and I were out the front door! I quickly found that even with a clearly evident diaper in place, no one noticed or if they did, nothing was said.

Point being, once I accepted that I needed to wear diapers to be out and about, I could quickly get on with living life. Once you accept that for whatever reason you want to wear diapers, the quicker you can either enjoy when you want or you can reduce the overshadowing effect it is currently having and live your life with far less self-induced stress.

By the way, welcome and be welcomed to this unique World of ADISC!
A wonderful place as near everyone here is likely wearing a diaper!
Enjoy!
Did you find that, after going through that experience, you developed any sort of attraction to diapers and any other related items? Or was it strictly out of necessity that you were seeking acceptance?

• Thinking
Reactions: Woncrinklz and Edgewater
TheBestBoy said:
Did you find that, after going through that experience, you developed any sort of attraction to diapers and any other related items? Or was it strictly out of necessity that you were seeking acceptance?
Strictly out of a want to return to living my life.

The importance of acceptance is it allows one to stop, accept and then begin to move!

That said, I have come to being "Okay with Wearing Diaper." I accept that I wear diapers, 24/7, every day. I have no fear of wearing out and about and I carry a presentation /computer bag and use half of it as a diaper bag as the reality of wear while out and about means the worst will happen at the worst possible moment! Having a diaper bag with just helps taking the edge off of being out and about wearing.

Having been U-IC for 45 years now, I am aware that there is an aspect of "Comfort" in knowing that I am protecting the World around me from become wet! 🤣 I am aware that there is testing underway in Switzerland that could provide a solution. If found to work, I will be in that line the next day. But I am a realist and know that I would be a very long way down that list of applicants. As a result, it is little more then a point of interest.

The point is "Self" acceptance!! We stand in our own way and once one accepts who they are, they can move in whatever direction they need. Until that point, one just stands there going no where!

• Love
Reactions: Woncrinklz, Sealander and TheBestBoy
Does it bother you that so many of us want to wear diapers when many of us don’t need them?
I really think you make some important observations about acceptance and being able to move forward. I feel like, in many ways, much of my internal growth has been at a standstill because Im having a difficult time reconciling my desire to be diapered and my desire to be a masculine man. In my case, I don’t need diapers, but I have fantasies related to needing them and wearing all the time. That said, I don’t know what “moving forward” looks like for me or what acceptance without shame really should look like. I’m getting there (I think?), but since it’s an urge rather than a need….I’m not sure.

Reactions: Edgewater and Sealander
Welcome

Reactions: TheBestBoy
Back