Have you ever had a 'thanks-god-I-was-diapered-moment'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just getting over sinus infection and the antibiotics I was taking messes with my bowels. This past week I've had several "glad that diaper is there" moments!!

SwinginPendulum said:
Ironically enough, when I was sick with Crohn's and would have seriously benefited by being diapered, it was the last thing I really wanted to do. The idea seemed like more of a hassle than a privilege at that time.

That's weird isn't it. I feel the same when I have bowel problems - I don't want to wear.

It was kind of a mistake that I had a diaper on at ALL at the time (had no good place to change out of it, before we left) but--a few years ago I ended up being stuck wearing a diaper on a VERY early morning (4 A.M) deep-sea fishing charter that I went on with some family.

I'd had a diaper on to bed the night before, in our condo--but a series of badly timed events meant I ended up going out on the boat with a diaper on under my clothes. The boat itself didn't have a bathroom, and obviously because of the company (my family has no idea I wear) I couldn't just pull down my pants, so I ended up being VERY grateful I had a diaper on for that trip...we didn't get back until almost noon, and I distinctly remember at least a couple of times where I was absolutely desperate needing to pee.

I just got back from a business trip where I had become really sick with a high fever and all the flu-like symptoms. I don't wear often but luckily had taken diapers with me on this trip...

The diapers turned out to be very helpful throughout the illness. At first, I was too exhausted to roll over let alone get up and go to the toilet so I wet them quite a bit. By the second day I had regained enough strength to try to make it to the toilet but by then the diarrhea set in. For the next couple of days I used the toilet often but still found myself filling my diapers many times.

I was grateful that l had the diapers with me but I was even more so to no longer need them once I had recovered from the illness.

-Ieyasu

I was going for drinks with a couple of friends and wondered whether to wear as it was only a few minutes walk from home. In the end I decided to play safe. While in the first pub one of us suggested we go to another pub where there was a good cabaret act on, though this was further away and would involve us sharing a taxi home afterwards. The taxi driver never knew it, but my decision saved one of his car seats from a drenching.

xpluswearer said:
seems that a dose of Pepto or kaeopectate or a anti acid would solve many of the issues that people are experiencing here with stomach or intestinal issues.

I wish it had been that easy. It took 4 days to recover even with 2 doctor trips, antibiotics, pain medication and diarrhea medicine. I usually only urinate in diapers because I don't enjoy cleaning up after a bowel movement so I had no problem using them before the diarrhea set in.

After the diarrhea started, I tried my best to get from the hotel bed to the bathroom in time (and usually did). The clean up when I didn't make it was not fun but was definitely easier than having to wash out clothes in the sink.

-Ieyasu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back