Has anyone wore a diaper to the doctor?

DOT said:
Motorcycle accident? Are you doing well today?
Yes, I had a fractured sternum. I am doing much better now as it has healed but the new bone around it left it a little bumpy

DOT said:
Motorcycle accident? Are you doing well today?
Yes, I am doing much better, thank you for asking🙂, I had a fractured sternum and ohhh boy was it painfull, had me on Oxycodone

Reactions: Angelapinks
I think the only pain that was more intense is when I had my 2 extruded discs, that was on a whole new level of pain

I pray to God every time I get on my motorcycle.. Its so dangerous with the careless and reckless drivers out on the public roads!
Glad you are doing okay today!! 💚
Hope you're off the oxys today..

• Love
Reactions: AniwayasSong, Angelapinks and Inconjr
Since I had to switch doctors due to change in health insurance, I now wear a diaper to each and every appointment, afterall it does show I am incontinent in my medical records and I dont want to have it removed from my records.

Reactions: Inconjr
I wear my diaper/plastic pants to the doctor regularly. My current provider diagnosed the cause of my overactive bladder and urge incontinence in 2006, and as it is part of my record, my showing up in a diaper is expected.

Reactions: Angelapinks and Inconjr
schooner said:
I wear my diaper/plastic pants to the doctor regularly. My current provider diagnosed the cause of my overactive bladder and urge incontinence in 2006, and as it is part of my record, my showing up in a diaper is expected.
When I had a back procedure done last Spring I had to wear a pull up under my underwear. I knew my urge wetting was getting bad enough that lying on the table for more than 45 min. would be a problem. Usually my doctor just pulls down my underwear to the middle of my bum but this time he was a bit surprised but nobody said a word and there are 6 others in the room with me. They are all very nice and remember me as I have been there 8 times to have this done in the past and I am a bit of a jokester when nervous. I did expect a conversation with the doc at a follow up meeting later in the year and I would have asked him about my bladder issues but thanks to Covid that did not happen. He used to ask me if I was having any issues in the past before the surgery but this time he did not and his Secretary was the one to call me for the follow up so I mentioned it to her but so far no responce.

The procedure I have uses radio frequency to kill the nerves in my lower back and that eliminates the terrible back pain I have had for a long time. I think that because of having the nerves killed off I don't feel the urge to pee either and the first few times he did tell me to call him if that ever happened but so far he is either busy or evading my questions.

Angelapinks said:
The procedure I have uses radio frequency to kill the nerves in my lower back and that eliminates the terrible back pain I have had for a long time. I think that because of having the nerves killed off I don't feel the urge to pee either and the first few times he did tell me to call him if that ever happened but so far he is either busy or evading my questions.
Change doctors, I hate it when doctors do that.

Reactions: Angelapinks
So what's the consensus??

Can we wear diapers to doctors appointments knowing very well that they may see your diaper peeking a bit?

I am ABDL and wear diapers, is it bad for the nurse, or tech, or doctor to see my Crinklz peek above my belt line? I don't let it peek deliberately, I will actually tuck my diaper in a bit but it's sometimes unavoidable.

I have a physical tomorrow (blood work and ECG), just normal stuff and checkups we should all get every 5-10 years.

I will have my shirt off for ECG, I wear diapers but don't have to wear diapers. Its more than likely that the nurse will see my diaper as I'm sitting on the bed and she hooks up the ECG wires.

I'll be embarrassed but also happy in a way that I am not having to hide this side of me. Don't we need to accept that fact that we are ABLD and this situation is forcing me to half undress?

I'm also worried that I will be super nervous and my heart rate will be be 500BPM lol

Last edited:
neophyte said:
So what's the consensus??

Can we wear diapers to doctors appointments knowing very well that they may see your diaper peeking a bit?

I am ABDL and wear diapers, is it bad for the nurse, or tech, or doctor to see my Crinklz peek above my belt line? I don't let it peek deliberately, I will actually tuck my diaper in a bit but it's sometimes unavoidable.

I have a physical tomorrow (blood work and ECG), just normal stuff and checkups we should all get every 5-10 years.

I will have my shirt off for ECG, I wear diapers but don't have to wear diapers. Its more than likely that the nurse will see my diaper as I'm sitting on the bed and she hooks up the ECG wires.

I'll be embarrassed but also happy in a way that I am not having to hide this side of me. Don't we need to accept that fact that we are ABLD and this situation is forcing me to half undress?

I'm also worried that I will be super nervous and my heart rate will be be 500BPM lol
You'll be allright, doctors and nurses are used to seeing every other patient wearing some kind of incontinence garment and or diapers🙂

Reactions: neophyte
Mommysdiaperboy said:
I have MS so my first time wearing a diaper to the doctor she wasn't surprised.. but I bet if i wore an abdl diaper thatvwould raise an eyebrow lol...
I have a new friend who is dealing with MS. He's the reason I started visiting here.
I think anyone who has to wear due to medical reasons doesn't have much choice in wearing while visiting the Veterinarian. Uh, their 'Doctor' (sorry, my attempts at humor). While it still bothers the hell out of me, my Dr. knows and doesn't bat an eye. She's professional enough to not let it show if it bothers her, and she's compassionate enough to still ask me pertinent questions, and give me extra time for anything that needs to be done, if necssary (before and after the exam/tests).
It's part of adapting I suppose? I have to believe it gets easier as time goes by. I have to believe... The alternative isn't worth typing.

• Love
PCBaby said:
anyone with one of the forms of incontinence will have seen their Dr or Nurse whilst wearing, but I sfeel sure we would all wear a medical nappy, I know if I went into see my Dr wearing a nappy covered in cartoons or toys or teddy bears it would raise more than eybrow, he'd probably question my sanity
You must'v eseen the smoke pouring out of my ears!
My twisted sense of humor already had me considering doing this! lol
Then again, my Dr. already knows my sanity left a long while back, so she'd hardly be surprised at that.
omg, I'm laughing so hard I can hardly type this response!

DiaperedWolf said:
ok, I admit I had to laugh at this post!
I'm dying from MS, too. Yes, that's why I am forced to wear diapers, and yes my Dr. knows about them/the requirement.
I may have some fun with her the next time I have an appt. that requires me to remove my clothing, and actually buy some of the cutesy 'ABDL' versions, just to see her reaction?
Not sure I'm brave enough for this, but it may very well be worth it! I've no doubt my Caretaker, who has a wry wit and sometimes diabolical sense of humor, would go along with this!
I really, really like your avatar!
Fellow butt-sniffing-imaginary-online-character here (whom Inigo also says loves chasing sticks. cat humor, that). I'm going to have to search for a diaper related wolf picture now!
Funnies aside. I'm sorry to hear you're also coping with MS. The more I learn about this disease, the more I'm certain Nature is far too diabolical.
Imma offer you a friendly *HUG* if that's alright.
Us canis lupus' have to stick together.
To ward off the Veterinarian, of course!

bambinod said:
Doctors and nurses can be pushy with catheters, because they make their jobs a little easier. Just be firm about it, "I DON'T want that". If they try to say "it's the doctor's orders", then say "then lets talk with my doctor".
I will never again submit to a catheter. I even have it printed in 'RED' on the emergency card I carry, and it's in my medical file. I'm even considering getting a tattoo in case I can't speak for myself, so an unknown tech. or doctor can't say they weren't told otherwise.
UTI's are utter hell to deal with and I've had my share of them.

AniwayasSong said:
I have a new friend who is dealing with MS. He's the reason I started visiting here.
I think anyone who has to wear due to medical reasons doesn't have much choice in wearing while visiting the Veterinarian. Uh, their 'Doctor' (sorry, my attempts at humor). While it still bothers the hell out of me, my Dr. knows and doesn't bat an eye. She's professional enough to not let it show if it bothers her, and she's compassionate enough to still ask me pertinent questions, and give me extra time for anything that needs to be done, if necssary (before and after the exam/tests).
It's part of adapting I suppose? I have to believe it gets easier as time goes by. I have to believe... The alternative isn't worth

AniwayasSong said:
It's part of adapting I suppose? I have to believe it gets easier as time goes by. I have to believe... The alternative isn't worth typing.
The doctor humor made my day, That is so kind you are helping your friend!, you have all our support from everyone on this forum🙂

Reactions: AniwayasSong
winterheart01 said:
For when you need to be examined down there, do most people wear a taped diaper or pad? For now I wore thick pads but this may prove problematic, but taped diapers are often a hassle to retape accurately
They make diapers that are re-fastenable. 'Hook' type (I can't think of what they call it), kind of like velcro. I found these to be the absolute best because they can be easily tightened or adjusted as necessary. Taped diapers don't really like that, and I hate carrying a roll of duct tape with me.
:)

Inconjr said:
The doctor humor made my day, That is so kind you are helping your friend!, you have all our support from everyone on this forum🙂
To be honest, he was the one who first approached me, then pestered me out of my shell enough for us to start talking and then we got to know one another better. This was a few months back, and we're becoming very close friends. He and his buds helped me and my critters out of a very tough spot. I'm both a royal pain in the butt to anyone that angers me, but a 'Mother Theresa' towards those who show me kindness.
Now I gotta go punch him in the shoulder. 'cause, reasons.
:-D

I wear them to the doctors all the time because of IC caused by CP (Cerebral Palsy). I have worn a printed diaper because I like the look better and they didn't even bat an eye except one said they liked them better than the ones the office has (it was an RCD when those were a thing).

DOT said:
I pray to God every time I get on my motorcycle.. Its so dangerous with the careless and reckless drivers out on the public roads!
Glad you are doing okay today!! 💚
Hope you're off the oxys today..
Back when I was young, I had a lovely Honda Goldwing with full travel package (faring, trailer, etc.) It was an 1100 and I literally had to balance on my toes when stopped it was so much bigger than me. Call it a tomboy/horse-loving-girl thing if you want, but damned I loved that bike! It was sheer pleasure driving especially on long jaunts.
I decided to sell it due to so many folks I knew who'd had horrible accidents. A few didn't make it. They were all much better and more experienced riders than I, so I knew if they were so vulnerable I was just going to end up a red smear on the pavement somewhere, sometime.
This, because so many other drivers in four wheeled (or more) vehicles literally don't give a damn about motorcyclists, and I had far too many deliberately try to bump/nudge me out of my lane or off the road. Honest mistakes are bad enough but you can usually expect them if you stay alert.
It just isn't worth it. Buy a jeep or something that has a removable or open canopy instead! You can still collect all the bugs you want in yer teeth, but have four wheels and stay surrounded by a metal cage too!

Back