Has anyone wore a diaper to the doctor?

Went to the er last year for severe abdominal pain and pain in my testicles and was wearing a pullup. Turned out to be kidney stones. They just told me to pull it down for the ultrasound and MRI and I was given a diaper to put on and wear home after I was done since I was wet.

Reactions: Deleted member 57387 and nwm
Babybear2006 said:
Went to the er last year for severe abdominal pain and pain in my testicles and was wearing a pullup. Turned out to be kidney stones. They just told me to pull it down for the ultrasound and MRI and I was given a diaper to put on and wear home after I was done since I was wet.
Ended up taking an unexpected ambulance ride to the ER recently. Was wearing a pull up but did my best for them not to notice. I still think they did as the nurse mentioned that I should try and use the restroom before I was discharged but only if I could. Wasn’t offered a dry diaper though unfortunately and went home with a wet pull up.

• Wow
Reactions: Angelapinks and nwm
I have never had the guts to go wearing a diaper. My PCP is a female (I am a male) so it is standard practice for her to have a nurse in the room when the downstairs portion of the exam is done.

Reactions: Deleted member 57387
bugguy6970 said:
Wasn’t offered a dry diaper though unfortunately and went home with a wet pull up.
That is nuts! - The ER I always use, DEFINITELY know I have ic issues and that I ALWAYS have plenty of diapers with me - as well as the fact that I need help with that, but my wife is usually with me. A few times ended up in the hall (rooms all full) but as soon as I needed to be changed, I got the next one that was cleared out, an automatically handed one to my wife despite most likely knowing I had plenty of better ones with me!
Hospitals usually do not have that great of ones - but it's sure better than sending you home wet!

JoeRelax said:
I always go to my doc's appts in my Diapers. Its in my medical history so they are aware of my incontinence. Never have been treated bad by any doctor.
Same deal here had issues with aids/nurses not wanting to change it while in ONE hospital - but that is way I won't use that one anymore.

blueberry said:
I have never had the guts to go wearing a diaper. My PCP is a female (I am a male) so it is standard practice for her to have a nurse in the room when the downstairs portion of the exam is done.
I have the same deal (PCP F, me M) but I ALWAYS have a diaper on (no choice) - she has even changed it before - NEVER made it a point to have her nurse in there no matter what was up though. But then again, I have LOTS of other issues.

yes tomorrrow at 2:30. to be exact

Reactions: Deleted member 57387
My Disposable nappies are provided free of charge by the UK health system so are the usual white ones with the indicator strip. My "mummy" (actually my partner did try some printed ones but we found that the print transferred to my waterproof pants and ruined them, so we went back to the plain white medical. With me I have to wear 24/7 but when I'm in little mode I don't really care what I wear, "mummy" takes care of all that as well as whatever outer clothes I wear. if it's a hot evening sometimes it's just a t shirt, other times if we are going out I usually have a onesie on (plain coloured) and at home it can be a onesie or depending on the time of day (nap time or bed time) it can be a fully poppered, footedd sleep suit.
Unfortunately I'm having some odd health problems and waiting to see a neurologist, it's either going to be nerve damage due to my diabetes or possibly MS but I'm slowly becoming doubly incontinent again so whatever else happens it will be nappies for life.

Back