Going through airport security with a diaper on.

RearzLover97

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
If you wear diapers through airport security will they pull you aside to search you? Just curious. I’ll be flying while wearing a diaper for the first time.

Reactions: TeddyBearCowboy
If it’s wet they’ll probably pull you aside and search you as it will show up on the scanner. I usually just wait until I’m through then put one on.

Reactions: PianoMusic1 and RearzLover97
CookieMonstah said:
If it’s wet they’ll probably pull you aside and search you as it will show up on the scanner. I usually just wait until I’m through then put one on.
Alright I’ll just bring some diapers in my backpack and put it on after security. Thank you!!

RearzLover97 said:
Alright I’ll just bring some diapers in my backpack and put it on after security. Thank you!!
I have gone through airport security multiple times diapered and it is correct. Don't go through wet and you normally will have no issue. It is always safe to just get in one after the checkpoint though. Airports normally have plenty of places to do so.

Reactions: CaterpillarSick and RearzLover97
Piefox said:
I have gone through airport security multiple times diapered and it is correct. Don't go through wet and you normally will have no issue. It is always safe to just get in one after the checkpoint though. Airports normally have plenty of places to do so.
Alright thank you!! I will definitely change into on after security. Yeah I do notice a lot of family restrooms so yeah you’re right there is a lot of places to change.

Reactions: Piefox
if wet or have an obvious bulge you may be stopped for a pat down, if it goes any further, explain you are IC and that should mean you don't get stripped searched.

Reactions: CaterpillarSick and RearzLover97
RearzLover97 said:
If you wear diapers through airport security will they pull you aside to search you? Just curious. I’ll be flying while wearing a diaper for the first time.

Please see a post i made a while back to this same question.

Last edited:
Reactions: RearzLover97
TeddyBearCowboy said:
Please see a post i made a while back to this same question.

Yeah I will not go through security with one on. I’m just gonna go change into one after security. I’ll just pack some diapers in a backpack I can take on a plane. I’m sorry you had to go through that at the time. That must have been embarrassing.

PCBaby said:
if wet or have an obvious bulge you may be stopped for a pat down, if it goes any further, explain you are IC and that should mean you don't get stripped searched.
Alrighty thank you for that. I will keep that in mind.

If you are sent for a strip search regardless of whether you are male or female, if you want a female or male security guard present as a chaperone you are entitled to have one present (and if you are disabled and travelling with a companion you can ask that they be present during the search. I have a problem with men seeing me in my nappy and/or naked, so if i am taken for a strip search i always insist on there being a female officer present and keep my eyes on her

Definition of nude and naked. Nude means undressed. Naked means defenseless..

Reactions: NooNoo and RearzLover97
RearzLover97 said:
Yeah I will not go through security with one on. I’m just gonna go change into one after security. I’ll just pack some diapers in a backpack I can take on a plane. I’m sorry you had to go through that at the time. That must have been embarrassing.
Some of us don't have any choice in the matter, we have to wear, regardless of what is happening. If you're not incontinent wear normal underwear going through security at both ends

PCBaby said:
If you are sent for a strip search regardless of whether you are male or female, if you want a female or male security guard present as a chaperone you are entitled to have one present (and if you are disabled and travelling with a companion you can ask that they be present during the search. I have a problem with men seeing me in my nappy and/or naked, so if i am taken for a strip search i always insist on there being a female officer present and keep my eyes on her

Definition of nude and naked. Nude means undressed. Naked means defenseless..
I did not know that you can do that. That is really interesting.

PCBaby said:
Some of us don't have any choice in the matter, we have to wear, regardless of what is happening. If you're not incontinent wear normal underwear going through security at both ends
Yeah I just like to wear but I’m sorry you guys have to go through that everytime you go to the airport. I’ll just put on after security.

I have to say that I sometimes wonder whether or not fantasy (or at least paranoia) plays a large part in the minds of those who claim that a wet nappy will be visible on scanners, at airports and other major travel hubs.

I have travelled in nappies by plane, train, car, long distance coach, and boat for around the last 15 years or so now (ever since the time I fell asleep on a plane without a nappy on and totally soaked myself), and never once have I been questioned about what undergarments I was wearing. And yes, there have been times that my nappy was wet when I went through the scanner, and I have been patted down on quite a few occasions. Without exception, my nappy, wet or dry, has never ever been mentioned, even if it was noticed – as I am sure that it has been on a couple of occasions – and when it has been searched, the spares in my carry on have also been noticed. Again they were never questioned or commented upon.

Reactions: KooshyX, RearzLover97 and Wetshisbed
ladyofshadows said:
I have to say that I sometimes wonder whether or not fantasy (or at least paranoia) plays a large part in the minds of those who claim that a wet nappy will be visible on scanners, at airports and other major travel hubs.

I have travelled in nappies by plane, train, car, long distance coach, and boat for around the last 15 years or so now (ever since the time I fell asleep on a plane without a nappy on and totally soaked myself), and never once have I been questioned about what undergarments I was wearing. And yes, there have been times that my nappy was wet when I went through the scanner, and I have been patted down on quite a few occasions. Without exception, my nappy, wet or dry, has never ever been mentioned, even if it was noticed – as I am sure that it has been on a couple of occasions – and when it has been searched, the spares in my carry on have also been noticed. Again they were never questioned or commented upon.
I totally agree I have never had a problem at airports wearing nappies which are often somewhat wet.

ladyofshadows said:

ST50 said:
I totally agree I have never had a problem at airports wearing nappies which are often somewhat wet.
Thank you both for your insight!! It really does help.

ladyofshadows said:

I personally believe that the scanners can pick it up. I used to have a pair of pants that had a spare button sewn into the bottom of the pocket, and very reliably that would trigger the scanner, and the screen that the agents looked at had a box highlighting that portion of my leg. I would explain what it was, they would hand search that spot to confirm, then let me go.

My guess is that it may be a matter of what the agent monitoring the results thinks of what they see. Some are better than others.

I have to put my 2 cents in here, because I just did a diapered airplane flight. I've flown diapered many times, and worn through the scanner with no issues, but for whatever reason, this time, it set the scanner off.

I told the TSA agent (who was thankfully very professional, I think I just got really lucky with him) that I was incontinent (which is partially true) and he took me for a private screening. He took me into a private stall and patted me down, but I did have to take my pants off all the way, and I also had to remove my diaper (he gave me privacy for that part, obviously) so he could pat me down without the thickness of the diaper. He did also have to put my diaper through the scanner after I took it off since it was so thick. He did have to have his supervisor in the stall with him while he patted me down.

It actually went better than I thought it would, which again, I credit mainly to the fact that I got lucky and got a good TSA agent.

So-moral of the story-If you wear through the scanner, you do so at your own risk.

It's a much better idea to do what many have said and put the diaper on after you get through security.

One of the Little Ones I look after has to fly all over the place for his job ... he has gotten annoyed at how many times he's been pulled into a back room to get searched.
( He has very little control over his bladder )

ladyofshadows said:
I have to say that I sometimes wonder whether or not fantasy (or at least paranoia) plays a large part in the minds of those who claim that a wet nappy will be visible on scanners, at airports and other major travel ...

I fly frequently and for the most part the diapers haven't been an issue but over the past 500,000 miles I have had a few interesting experiences.

1. When I flew through Korea a few years ago my backpack needed an extra security check because they had added powder restrictions before USA had. My bottle of baby powder was larger than allowed and had to be thrown out. In retrospect, it wasn't a big deal to me but I at the time it was embarrassing.

2. I've had several other incidents where my bag needed additional security checks and I've learned to remove my rice based neck warmer out of my bag because security always needs to verify it and this eliminates the need for the bag to be checked.

However, before I realized that I was traveling home from as business trip and happened to be going through security together with my boss's boss. Fortunately, TSA was very professional (which they typically are) so even though they attached the entire bag the boss did not see the contents of my backpack!

3. I've been pulled over 2 or 3 times because of the diaper that I was wearing but when I've told them it was a diaper they were very professional with a quick pat down and I was on my way. Except for the time that I was wearing a diaper that was slightly too small...

When asked I told the TSA member that it was a diaper. He decided that I needed to be searched. Three of us went to a private room where I pulled down my pants and showed them the diaper. They needed to swab it to do a chemical test. After it passed I was on my way. As embarrassing as it was back then I now realize that it was still handled quite professionally.

Ieyasu

Back