Guest viewing is limited
  • Guests can only view a limited number of pages. Please log in or register to remove this limit.
  • 3 guest views remaining

Going through airport security with a diaper on.

amperedragon said:
I've only worn through security once, but I had absolutely no issues. I'm sure they saw the half dozen in my carry on, but it didn't get flagged or anything. From what I've heard, you're more likely to get searched if you have an open container of powder in your bag (put mine in my checked bag) or if you walk through the scanner wet (waited until I was onboard to do that). I personally find it worse having to open my backpack for security at Disneyland than going through TSA, but if you're worried you can always change afterward. Worst case scenario they might ask you a couple questions and give you a pat down or search your bag, but there's no reason you should have anything more than a brief delay.

If you walk through the scanner wet, it makes the patdown more interesting.

Piefox said:
Airports normally have plenty of places to do so.
I know this is off-topic but O'Hare has an adult changing table that is great for changing in the airport! It is located near gate F3 in terminal 2. There is more to the area than the changing table. There are two showers for clean up. It is made for disabled individuals and their caretakers but I personally found it very convenient when I needed to change while I was there. I wish more places did this!

Reactions: JOCKMAN
I am about to fly from Hong Kong tomorrow morning and I have a few worried about the fact that I need to wear diapers/nappies.

Yes I know that tisis is something other people have touched on before so I'll keep it brief no puns intended.

Last time was before the global covid-19 pandemic and I had no problems, however I did have to write a note in my suitcase saying that I was incontinent.

Of cause I didn't have any in my hand luggage which was a mistake on my part as I should have just put them in my backpack,

However fortunately on that occasion I didn't have any embarrassing accidents as fortunately for me there was a toilet just after security.

My main concern is that I might get stopped by a trainee who no offence doesn't understand that I have to wear diapers or that I might get told I can't go through security with a diaper on.

Any way those are just two of my concerns hopefully nothing will go wrong tomorrow however I will have to see.

Back