Getting a collar

Throwawaw11

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Little
So i ordered a collar from Collar Factory about 4 days ago and i am just wondering how long it would usually take them to complete an order, has anyone here ever bought from them before if so how long did it take to arrive or be shipped?

Their site says the collars take 1-2 weeks to make, so I’d guess 2-3 weeks from order to delivery. If they run a little behind this time of year, I wouldn’t be surprised.

I haven't bought from them before but @Cottontail estimates seem about right timewise

Last edited:
Cottontail said:
Their site says the collars take 1-2 weeks to make, so I’d guess 2-3 weeks from order to delivery. If they run a little behind this time of year, I wouldn’t be surprised.
Yeah I’m thinking i got about a week to wait for it by now. I hope it is really comfortable I got the interior in black velvet its going to be so soft.

Throwawaw11 said:
So i ordered a collar from Collar Factory about 4 days ago and i am just wondering how long it would usually take them to complete an order, has anyone here ever bought from them before if so how long did it take to arrive or be shipped?
You did not describe the design or detail of your collar. Any weighted features - tight fitting may cause discomfort.
Weighted features - places to hook up leashes chains etc.
Tight fitting - should be able to at least place 2 fingers comfortably between the collar and neck.
Thickness and height also plays a part in this - think petite or heavy duty butch dog collar.

Throwawaw11 said:
Yeah I’m thinking i got about a week to wait for it by now. I hope it is really comfortable I got the interior in black velvet its going to be so soft.

Bare unseasoned leather would be sort of kind of rough on tender neck skin. After a period of wear the roughness may weather
to a more smooth application - Great idea to line the collar with some soft material - but beware prolong wear may expose the
rough edges of unseasoned leather and any cosmetic make up may present other problems staining retaining moisture etc.

Upon receipt come back and tell us more - Oh and is this a lockable collar (my specialty ! )

It takes time but the wait is well worth it

Reactions: mistykitty
babylock1 said:
You did not describe the design or detail of your collar. Any weighted features - tight fitting may cause discomfort.
Weighted features - places to hook up leashes chains etc.
Tight fitting - should be able to at least place 2 fingers comfortably between the collar and neck.
Thickness and height also plays a part in this - think petite or heavy duty butch dog collar.

Bare unseasoned leather would be sort of kind of rough on tender neck skin. After a period of wear the roughness may weather
to a more smooth application - Great idea to line the collar with some soft material - but beware prolong wear may expose the
rough edges of unseasoned leather and any cosmetic make up may present other problems staining retaining moisture etc.

Upon receipt come back and tell us more - Oh and is this a lockable collar (my specialty ! )
I have yet to receive it but it’s understandable as it is nearing Christmas, it is going to look like this

Attachments

• IMG_3253.jpeg
    IMG_3253.jpeg
    114 KB · Views: 16
I just have a thick 1" wide leather collar for a large dog that I wear when in Furry Mode.

I can speak also from experience of having a collar myself please remember also on collar care and cleaning! If it is your first time having a collar there is also different styles of collar that exist so please do be careful! Some are more comfortable for other things. If your collar is mega expensive getting a super cheap one too is good for cleaning, testing or quick comfort. I had one I got from a place I can’t mention here , but my cheap one I got from Amazon and one from Walmart that were more geared toward simple and hidden but my expensive little space one with the tracker features (cough) would be not tested on or taken to special events that I do not trust that way my favorite collar didn’t have problems

Reactions: Throwawaw11
Just came in the mail today and it fits really well. super soft too.

Reactions: mistykitty
Back