Ever change a diaper during a flight

greatlake5 said:
I've traveled internationally a couple of times (Australia, Europe and Israel). And I hate trying to change in those tiny bathrooms. So I don't. I know it's not really healthy but I limit my drinking. And I also use Loperamide to reduce messy accidents. I've traveled over 20 hours (Australia) and I never leaked. Though I was pretty wet and only had one messy accident, I made it OK. I used a Confidry 24/7 disposable with really good boosters and plastic pants. Indeed, my diaper was extremely wet and my diaper got kinda bulgy. But I never had to change my diaper until I got to the hotel. I don't recommend this but if you do like I did, just make sure you wear what I did.
Thanks greatlake5 for sharing your experience. As an Australian I will take note of your information, in the event (post pandemic) I find myself flying in the opposite way, (but over same length of time).

Sure, I’ve been doing it for years. The goodnites and depends I’ve used are small enough to fit in a zippered pouch or drawstring bag with other supplies. I take the bag out of my backpack, head for the restroom, then change much in the same manner as I do at home. I take the used pull up, wrap it in toilet paper, stuff it down the garbage, put my pants pack on, wash my hands, put everything away, double check to make sure I didn’t leave anything out, and that’s all there is to it. It’s pretty simple.

I’m a pilot so I’ve changed plenty of nappies in flight. I’m mainly a bedwetter so when I’ve been working lately I’ve been in pull ups which I change more regularly. When I reposition or fly as a passenger though I go back to proper nappies. Either way I’ve got a small zip up bag (came from the luggage I bought) with a few spare nappies, wipes, powder and a spare rubbish bag.

Reactions: munkey
I don't fly often. Usually once a year when I go to my family's condo in Florida. And I hate trying to change in one of those little bathrooms. So I just don't use them. I just wait until I get to the condo. It's a pain in the ass. I make sure I haven't had too much to drink. I've never had a mess accident while flying.

I do the 26 hour flight from London to Auckland New Zealand and return every six months. I carry enough nappies for the trip, and as I am paranoid about running out I take many more than I need. I start the flight in a pull-up then for the night time section I change into a Crinklz or Tykables which I carry down the isle uncovered. I don’t wave it around, but as others have said, nobody is interested, they all seem to be watching movies that they would never look at at home!! I take as long as I need to change and the used pull-up is put in a plastic bag that I bring with me and it goes in the toilet bin.

• Love
I’ve never changed my diaper during a flight, but I have changed flights while wearing my diaper…..does that count?

Reactions: Happy2BeInNappies2
Yep. I've changed my diaper during a flight. I prefer not too, so I try to change into a fresh diaper before boarding.

Quick tip: Do not take your backpack into the tiny bathroom on a commercial flight. I've done it many times, but the last time I did it a flight attendant thought I was up to no good and alerted the other flight attendants. So, I emerged from the bathroom with a fresh diaper on and they were all looking at me suspiciously. I just said I needed to change myself and they all sighed a big relief. Now I always carry a small gear bag with my diapers into the bathroom.

• Wow
Reactions: Deleted member 57387
Never had a problem with it, only the space is really tight. As for carrying my diaper to the bathroom, I just slide the folded diaper into my waistband and cover it with my sweater. Due to plane A/C making it kind of cool anyways, nobody notices. Never had a problem going through security or anything, if anybody noticed, so what, it's not ilegal...

Just did this last week. The bathrooms were super small on my domestic flight and I had to cram the diaper in to the trashcan sideways! Not sure what I would do if I had a BM. I used a giant booster on the flight back to avoid the changing.

Reactions: Deleted member 57387
I have worn on a plane several times but none of the flights was long enough that I needed to change. I have changed on the train a few times. The bathrooms are about the same size as plane. But the train sways back and forth as it rolls over switches or crossings that can make it interesting. But I prefer to change on the train over the station because it is more privet.

AdelaideBW said:
I’m a pilot so I’ve changed plenty of nappies in flight. I’m mainly a bedwetter so when I’ve been working lately I’ve been in pull ups which I change more regularly. When I reposition or fly as a passenger though I go back to proper nappies. Either way I’ve got a small zip up bag (came from the luggage I bought) with a few spare nappies, wipes, powder and a spare rubbish bag.
How common is it for pilots to wear?

I'm guessing the percentage of incontinent pilots is the same as the percent of the general public. Nothing about the job seems to preclude those affected by incontinence, and so they are normal pilots just like everypilot else. Added bonus, they probably get all the leg space and the only comfy seats in the plane (unless you fly 1st class on intl. flights) 😁!

Reactions: Diaperman95
I've read that soldier helicopter pilots in Afghanistan would refuse to wear any protection and would just pee themselves in the pilot seat for those long flights. The cleanup crews were apparently quite annoyed by this.

slimjiminy said:
I've read that soldier helicopter pilots in Afghanistan would refuse to wear any protection and would just pee themselves in the pilot seat for those long flights. The cleanup crews were apparently quite annoyed by this.
I would think it depends from cases to case. I have seen some use some condom catheter type systems and some also use basically a plastic bag with maxi pads type products in them to absorb the liquid. Many snipers and special forces also use that system and then take the bag and pads with them not to leave no DNA or trace behind. This is a good video explaining how some systems work for women.

Reactions: puravidadip
Back