end of the year diaper questions

The only thing I tracked was my receipts for income tax purposes (yes, my tax lady knows :eek:). However, I believe the max deduction is about $2450 Cdn, which includes medical expenses. The way this year has gone with drugs, I might as well have skipped the IC supply receipts.

I'd estimate 600-650 diaper changes, of which 50-60 were disposables. And I probably spent $450-500 on diapers, including both cloth and disposable supplies. The vast majority of my 2023 diaper-time has been spent wearing Rearz prefolds, either pinned and with a pull-on Rearz cover, or simply laid in a Rearz wrap. On the disposable side, it's mostly been ABU PeekABUs or Little Kings (I live near an ABU location and enjoy visiting), though I've lately been experimenting with NorthShore diapers. And perhaps a little off to the side: I mostly wear ABU onesies when I'm in diapers, although I haven't bought any new ones this year.

Reactions: db80 and abdl86
You mean end of the year diaper summary? For disposables I wear, on average, 3.5 per day. That means that’s 1,278 diapers over the last year. Or about 28 cases. These were mostly Incontrol Inspire Originals with about 25% of them higher absorbency Rearz diapers, mostly Alpacas. Most nights at home I’ll wear a rotating selection of cloth diapers with extra boosters and plastic pants. So that’s roughly 290 additional diaper and plastic pant uses for the year. And roughly 72 loads of laundry.

I don’t have all my receipts together in one place and they include many cases stored in my garage for use next year. But, ball park, I have spent around $2,200 this year on disposables. What really sucks is that in America, and especially my home state of Florida, insurance will not pay for diapers for the management of incontinence.

Diapers used - 1100
Money spent on Diapers - $4000
Favorite - Tykables Animooz

I had a maxed out FSA and got offered a new job midway through the year. Used all $3000 on diapers (use it or lose it). I’ve been nearly 24/7 out of necessity since my stash is too large

Reactions: Lostdiapersboy
Best guess somewhere between 200-400 (mostly tenas some abus)
Maybe $400-$500
Bunny Hops will always be my favorite

how many diapers did you go through in 2023?
About 55
how much money on diapers do you think you spent in 2023? (if you’re comfortable sharing)
179 EUR (≈ 193 USD) plus shipping
what was your favorite diaper you wore in 2023?
ABU Cushies 🤭

Reactions: mistykitty
Maybe 250.
1 bag of megamax, and crinklz, and rearz rebels
1 6 pack sample of in control, which I prefer over the mega max, both softer, and more reliable
1 6 pack sample of rearz,
1 2 pack of alpacas.

Rear, seem to be much softer and the scented ones reminded me of the diapers aisle from the 90s. I only wear to sleep, and every time I did, I would put my head under the covers just to keep taking in the scents.

Reactions: mistykitty
Fun thread! I went through somewhere between 300-400 disposable diapers; I don't really keep a good count. I wear as often as I can, which usually ends up being a few times a week. When I do wear, I usually go through at least two diapers. On a weekday that would be one diaper when I get home from work and another diaper at bed time. On the weekend it might be as many as 4 diapers per day.

Looking back at my order history for 2023, I spent right at $700 on diapers; most of which was on BetterDry diapers and Tena Slip Active Fit Maxi's. I did buy a case of InControl Essentials, a pack of Tena Flex Maxi's, two packs of Tranquility ATN's from Goodwill, and a pack of Depend Protection with tabs from Goodwill. I would have to say BetterDry are my favorite only because they are my go to diaper; although I really like the swell and extremely soft plastic of the Tena Slip Active Fit Maxi's.

I do not create my end of year novel for the IRS, until the end of January this coming year.

So although I have a good idea year to year, I am not incline to be concerned until then as right now my efforts are more interested in the current Season!

I wear 24/7 during cold weather and just at night in warmer weather. About $1000 USD at least .

I probably wear diapers for a week a month, maybe 3 diapers a day. I have dyscalculia (think maths dyslexia lol) so I don’t know how many diaper I go through or how much it costs. My spouse manages all funds (they are my legal carer)

I wore about 750 diapers. I also spent around 3000 on diapers.

I’d estimate I’ve used around 700-750 XL Goodnites this past year. I typically go through 2 a day on average, but sometimes use less or more.

DanElmontan said:
I’d estimate I’ve used around 700-750 XL Goodnites this past year. I typically go through 2 a day on average, but sometimes use less or more.
Maybe it is time to movie up to some real diapers then ;)

I went through a little less than 100 diapers this year. Money was definitely in the 100s usd. It was the first time i bought abdl and better quality medical diapers. Trest and Megamax are my favorite medical diapers. Little kings are my favorite abdl diapers because the are so soft. Next year, I'll be gone for a few months for on the job training, so I know I'll be diapered more often.

At least 365, but probably more like 425-450, def diapered every night, and there were plenty of days were I stayed a full 24hrs

Oh boy, I don't think is healthy for me to calculate how much I spent on diapers.

Nope.

Reactions: bambinobaby, Kellycares and abdl86
littledinogoesrawr said:
Oh boy, I don't think is healthy for me to calculate how much I spent on diapers.

Nope.
Its more a fun thing to do and get you thinking about all the cozy and fun moment. :)

Last edited:
Tundra1975 said:
I go through about 1500 diapers per year since I wear round the clock and use at least 4 diapers per day.
That’s about my usage also, I shop around and mainly spend about 2.50 a diaper. About 300 a month which includes wipes and powder and 30 every three months for barrier cream like A&D ointment and triple paste
My insurance pays for 80% of my nighttime diapers which run about 120 a month

Don't count how many i'm a little who cares

Back