Elastic Waist Pants

I seem to remember wearing these when I was still young enough to have more than the occasional daytime accident (younger than six) whenever I wasn’t wearing something else like overalls, shortalls, or ski pants/snow pants (depending on the weather and temperature).

Reactions: Diprs2
I wears elastic waist pants all the time due to my disabled (Cerebral Palsy). On the weekends during when it cold outside I wears sweatpants with no zipper in them.

Reactions: Diprs2 and BubberDucky
yess if anyone has links for mens elastic waist pants im always looking 😍

tobid03 said:
My current pairs are made by Classroom Uniforms. They have sizes from kids to adults and a larger rise than normal. I find that a lot of other pants have smaller rises (not good for diapers), and I hate crotch-tight pants. They only have 2 front pockets though and no belt loops.

The main downside to me is the lack of a sewn in fake fly. I love those. It just says to me you’re a big boy, but you’re not. You don’t need that hole to go potty because you’re in diapers, and little toddler you wouldn’t be able to get it open in time anyway. 😁

I had some boys cargo pull on pants from Kmart, but those started falling apart in the wash. Unfortunately they don’t make that design anymore and replaced it with a drawstring variety. It was almost perfect in every way.
yesss I wish it was easier to hunt those down as well as maybe some crawling pants with the cute kneepads 🤗

cprdr said:
I wears elastic waist pants all the time due to my disabled (Cerebral Palsy). On the weekends during when it cold outside I wears sweatpants with no zipper in them.
I have cp too and I have to be dressed by my staff I don't like the cotton jeans or cargo shorts they feel like they're for old people and they wear out easy I'm not in my chair all the time I like to be sit in the grass when it's nice I wish there were real elastic pants that are real jeans and not the fake stuff my staff holly wrote Carter and Oshkosh B'gosh letters to see if they could make bigger clothes maybe but they didn't write back and when I rode my horsey music before she died they'd either rip bad or wear out. :(

The pant I remember wearing when I was younger were the jeans with elastic just on the back with a regular front.
I've found those harder to find now than full elastic jeans.

Gnbw4l said:
The pant I remember wearing when I was younger were the jeans with elastic just on the back with a regular front.
I've found those harder to find now than full elastic jeans.
I haven’t seen these, therefore I can’t really completely picture what they would look like. For me, though, full elastic jeans would seem to be more practical. They would be easier to get into and out of as needed.

Last edited:
I wear women's chic jeans and koret city jeans. I shop at sally's army and look for size -20-22 for wearing over diapers. size16 -18 for wearing over underpants. I have a lot of shorts also and short alls.

I bought loads of thick-wale corduroy, wanna use 'em for my own elastic-waist pants...extra-roomy for thick diapers, too! 🥳

Reactions: dogboy
BobbiSueEllen said:
I bought loads of thick-wale corduroy, wanna use 'em for my own elastic-waist pants...extra-roomy for thick diapers, too! 🥳
I love thick-wale corduroy pants. I used to have a pair that was rust colored. I think I wore those pants until they were almost threadbare.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
I'm just glad diapers keep my thighs apart so the corduroy won't rub and catch fire. 🫢🤭

tobid03 said:
Does anyone else like elastic waist pants with no fly like toddlers wear? I've always hated regular pants with zippers and buttons. Separately from being a baby, I've never liked complicated clothes (due to Aspergers?), but it plays nicely into being one. I prefer velcro shoes, hate laces and buttons, and especially dislike dress clothes.

More recently, genuine elastic waist pants have become harder to find, but I still have sources. Most of the pull on pants varieties have become adjustable waist ortime drawstring types which I feel is inauthentic.
I wear tie-up sweat pants all the time.
Easier for me as someone who has Cerebral Palsy to get on and off and to change my diapers.
Also they fit into my Autistic sense of "Clothing Simplicity".

I love elastic waist pants and shorts too, however I also like the ones which have the faux fly that looks really fake, like you're not fooling anyone fake - you don't have a fly becuase you don't need one, but we stiched something on here so you might believe it when your mom tell's you 'none of the kids will even be able to tell'. Even if you are not big or tall, big and tall stores can be a great source for those kinds of options.

I am also a fan of half elastic waist pants @Gnbw4l was mentioning, there are a few on amazon searching for 'half elastic' or 'back elastic' pants.

So on this note - one of my favorite memories growing up. My mom's best friend was a bit younger than my mom and she didn't have her first kid until I was around 9 or so and we moved out of state, She had her two boys back to back with less than a year apart. They frequently visited us and even after her oldest was potty trained she would diaper him for the plane trip (they and my family worked in the air travel industry - so even though we were across the country we flew to them or them to us quite frequently) Anyways this was the early 80's - thick huggies and pampers - and she used plastic pants over the disposables. I can recall, until her oldest was pushing 4 ish, when ever we picked them up from the airport or it was time for them to go home he'd be laying in the floor with his little brother getting diapered and plastic pants on. The younger had a variety of plastic pants, but I guess Ray was getting harder to find plastic pants for because he always wore those translucent orangey amber colored pants - and you'd see both him and his little brother waddling around with their diaper and plastic pants sticking up out of the back of their elastic waist jeans.

i have the closest I have ever been able to find to those same plastic pants here. The amber is a bit too orange, but it's close enough!

Back