Elastic Waist Pants

tobid03

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
Does anyone else like elastic waist pants with no fly like toddlers wear? I've always hated regular pants with zippers and buttons. Separately from being a baby, I've never liked complicated clothes (due to Aspergers?), but it plays nicely into being one. I prefer velcro shoes, hate laces and buttons, and especially dislike dress clothes.

More recently, genuine elastic waist pants have become harder to find, but I still have sources. Most of the pull on pants varieties have become adjustable waist or drawstring types which I feel is inauthentic.

Last edited:
Reactions: DiaperGuy08 and MASONJAR
Most of the winter I wear men's joggers/warmups/sweatpants. Elastic and a drawstring and no fly. Don't need a fly.

My wife also gives me a hard time because I have very few shoes with laces. I wear velcro walking shoes most of the time.

tobid03 said:
Does anyone else like elastic waist pants with no fly like toddlers wear? I've always hated regular pants with zippers and buttons. Separately from being a baby, I've never liked complicated clothes (due to Aspergers?), but it plays nicely into being one. I prefer velcro shoes, hate laces and buttons, and especially dislike dress clothes.

More recently, genuine elastic waist pants have become harder to find, but I still have sources. Most of the pull on pants varieties have become adjustable waist or drawstring types which I feel is inauthentic.
I have always liked and worn elastic waist pants (when I can find them). I agree that finding these pants is becoming more difficult. What I am able to find now is just the elastic-back pants which have a regular front opening and fly; I guess these are better than nothing, though I still like to wear these as well. I find the elastic waist pants fit me better and stay up on my waist more consistently.

I loved the ones I found on LandsEnd a few years back. Made me feel like a preschooler. I outgrew them though and have been pretty sad ever since.

tobid03 said:

Women's trousers are like that over here. (UK) Not all women's trousers but I have 2 pairs just like you're describing.
What colours do you want?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Seasonedcitizen
Kaich said:
Women's trousers are like that over here. (UK) Not all women's trousers but I have 2 pairs just like you're describing.
What colours do you want?
Oh I’m not looking at getting more right now, but thanks for the info. My current pairs are khaki, navy, and black colors.

I like those types of pants also when I am in toddler mode! It is hard to find "boyish" looking ones but I did get lucky a few years back when Sears closed in Canada. I happened across a pair that looked exactly like toddler pants. The next closest to those were Jogger or Rugby pants with draw strings.

patrick1776 said:
I loved the ones I found on LandsEnd a few years back. Made me feel like a preschooler. I outgrew them though and have been pretty sad ever since.
My current pairs are made by Classroom Uniforms. They have sizes from kids to adults and a larger rise than normal. I find that a lot of other pants have smaller rises (not good for diapers), and I hate crotch-tight pants. They only have 2 front pockets though and no belt loops.

The main downside to me is the lack of a sewn in fake fly. I love those. It just says to me you’re a big boy, but you’re not. You don’t need that hole to go potty because you’re in diapers, and little toddler you wouldn’t be able to get it open in time anyway. 😁

I had some boys cargo pull on pants from Kmart, but those started falling apart in the wash. Unfortunately they don’t make that design anymore and replaced it with a drawstring variety. It was almost perfect in every way.

Reactions: MASONJAR
tobid03 said:
Oh I’m not looking at getting more right now, but thanks for the info. My current pairs are khaki, navy, and black colors.
Yes they do all those colours and red and a few more and are made from polyester.

My mommy bought me several pairs of Land's End corduroy climber pants with a full elastic waist and no fly at all ; it is very evident that they do not have a fly. They are very toddler like, and she like to put me in a turtleneck onesie when I wear these. Unfortunately, they were discontinued several years ago, although you can sometimes catch them on e-bay. They do last forever, and I still wear mine on a regular basis. They show my diaper bulge , and my mommy says I look adorable in them.

Kaich said:
Yes they do all those colours and red and a few more and are made from polyester.
Cool! Is it a specific store or most stores in general?

Runnerboy said:
My mommy bought me several pairs of Land's End corduroy climber pants with a full elastic waist and no fly at all ; it is very evident that they do not have a fly. They are very toddler like, and she like to put me in a turtleneck onesie when I wear these. Unfortunately, they were discontinued several years ago, although you can sometimes catch them on e-bay. They do last forever, and I still wear mine on a regular basis. They show my diaper bulge , and my mommy says I look adorable in them.
Oh! You must look SO Cute!

Kaich said:
Oh! You must look SO Cute!
Thanks (blush) I feel cute in them, I am wearing them right now. Luckily I am small enough to fit in a boy's size 14. I wear them to my college classes

tobid03 said:
Cool! Is it a specific store or most stores in general?
It's a very old fashioned company that came online about 3 years ago after having a catalogue business, which still exists, called JD Wiiliams. All of its clothes are aimed at the older woman and their pants are what I wore decades ago and are exactly the same. Another company are is Ambrose Wilson. We are quite lucky like that. I can still buy the same trousers and blouses I wore in my thirties. I am 70 now.

Runnerboy said:
Thanks (blush) I feel cute in them, I am wearing them right now. Luckily I am small enough to fit in a boy's size 14. I wear them to my college classes
Oh you are a Treasure!

tobid03 said:

I'm with you there (on every thing.)...

Try thrift stores and look at women's pants. No fly.

I wear the classic jeans to work, but I hate pants, at home I just wear pajama pants or basketball shorts. I also hate shoe laces, too much of a pain. If I haaave to wear shoes with shoe laces, I just tie them on loosely so I can slip my foot in and out.

Reactions: nwm and LilBubba88
Kaich said:
Oh you are a Treasure!
Thank you !!! (warm feelings sweeping over me). I also like to wear corduroy overalls, I don't know what it is about corduroy that makes me feel little.

I like corduroy too, probably because lots of kids my age wore them all those many years ago. When I'm in baby mood I often wear sweat pants.

Reactions: AJFan2020
Back