Ear Worms

JaberandCamgar

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
How many of you have had a ear worm recently? That is, is there a song that's been stuck in your head all day long?

For me, as of posting this thread, it has been "Hallelujah Anyway" by Rend Collective (a Northern Irish Christian folk rock band).

Reactions: BBBen, AttilaThePun and Woncrinklz
Always!
🎶 We are worms,
We run free.
Keep our teeth,
Nice and clean,
See the sun,
See the sights,
Feel alright! 🎶
20220717_173054.gif

Saw a nice surprise on telly, recently, on a BBC oldies show which had a clip from an old children's show called Crackerjack:
It took a moment to realize that she's singing live! (May not come across on t' internet....especially not our connection 🤭)

🎶Oh, I love to love,
But my baby just loves to dance.....🎶

Reactions: BBBen, DLJosie, michaelmc and 2 others
Yes. And it's not the words...yet it is because it's "catchy". It's depressing, irritating, and insane! It's not subconscious crap, and it's enough to drive a person into the ground...especially when paying bills!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I've been whistling this tune for the past few days unloading trucks. :ROFLMAO: Yet it's fun to unload trucks!!! Maybe it's the people?

Last edited:
Reactions: BBBen, DLJosie, michaelmc and 1 other person
Kim Wilde "Water on Glass"

Reactions: Woncrinklz, BBBen and DLJosie
This one is possibly a bit obscure, but "Come On In", from Fever Tree's fourth album, "For Sale", has been stuck in my head for a couple of months now. Fortunately, I really like the song.

Last edited:
Reactions: BBBen and DLJosie
Not so much ear worms from music but when a movie, actor, or some bit of information that I get obsessed with but just can get it to come to me. Thankfully today nearly all of us carry around the cure to this problem in the form of our smartphones. I remember half a century ago when you just had to live with those questions unless you had a know it all friend that could help you out and end your misery or if you had a good set of encyclopedias and could find your answer there or at a library. Those nagging questions were every bit as annoying as an ear worm and just as much of a relief when you figured out the answer.

• Love
Reactions: BBBen, AttilaThePun, JaberandCamgar and 1 other person
ade said:
Always!
🎶 We are worms,
We run free.
Keep our teeth,
Nice and clean,
See the sun,
See the sights,
Feel alright! 🎶
View attachment 128169
Well, now I have both an ear-worm and a "mind's-eye-worm"!!!
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: BBBen, Woncrinklz, DLJosie and 1 other person
Jingle Bell Rock is study in my head most of the year, every year.

Reactions: BBBen, michaelmc, Woncrinklz and 2 others
I can't get the theme to the TV quiz "Jeopardy!" out of my head, especially the final round. (This is the new UK version - there have been previous attempts to do a UK one, but didn't catch on).

Stephen Fry is the host for this new version. (I have actually met and spoken with him at a book signing in Norwich in 2008).

When I went over to Canada in 1994 with a friend (who used to live over there), I did manage to see an episode of the original series. (I have to confess that I'm a bit of a quizzer).

• Haha
Reactions: BBBen, Woncrinklz, DLJosie and 1 other person
Sissyleslie said:
I can't get the theme to the TV quiz "Jeopardy!" out of my head, especially the final round. (This is the new UK version - there have been previous attempts to do a UK one, but didn't catch on).

Stephen Fry is the host for this new version. (I have actually met and spoken with him at a book signing in Norwich in 2008).

When I went over to Canada in 1994 with a friend (who used to live over there), I did manage to see an episode of the original series. (I have to confess that I'm a bit of a quizzer).
If you haven't seen the "Celebrity Jeopardy" spoofs from Saturday Night Live, with Will Ferrell as Alex Trebeck, I highly recommend you look them up. They're old, but some things just crack me up, no matter the vintage. 🤣

Last edited:
Reactions: BBBen, Woncrinklz and DLJosie
Sissyleslie said:

I recall when there was the ever so popular "trivial pursuit" craze. When there was a "huge" popularity scheme socially going on. I did just the opposite to maintain my non-conformity.:think:🙃😇😉.
It actually made me want to know less and less the more everyone wanted to play more and more. I thought the movement took away from the magic of knowing something cool for the sake of inspiration or learning it, not incessantly gaining unrelated stuff in a person's life just for the "knowledge stuff" and causing competitions when knowledge should be a tool or fun thing to have and get from a magic moment, not fight about.
So, I decided to save my brain cells for beer. 😁 Then I'd talk about trivial pursuits and questions in jeopardy about life experiences, which made it more "compelling".

Reactions: BBBen and AttilaThePun
I wake up with songs playing in my head. Sometimes it is songs that I have not heard in an eon. Some of them stick for the day.

Reactions: BBBen, AttilaThePun and Woncrinklz
Sometimes, I get not only songs stuck in my head, but scenes from movies as well.

Reactions: BBBen, Woncrinklz and AttilaThePun
I have a kind of "Mental Jukebox" that constantly plays in my head.

• Love
Reactions: BBBen, Woncrinklz and AttilaThePun
I have been utterly tortured with this diddy when working as well. I whistle at it within my mind. Bum-bum-ba-bum....etc. I swear. And I know when I do it! When I think of crap that's bothering me while working. Lost in my thoughts.....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::unsure::oops::eek:Why do I do this??????

• Haha
Reactions: BBBen and JaberandCamgar
Sissyleslie said:
I have a kind of "Mental Jukebox" that constantly plays in my head.
I get that, too.

Lots of times, I can think of a song, one moment.

Then the next moment, I end up hearing the very song I'm thinking of in that moment on the radio.

It's like I have ESP going to the nearest radio station.

@Woncrinklz I'd go crazy too if that were stuck in my head!

If there's one piece of orchestral music that I'd embrace as an earworm . . . oh wait, there is! The 2nd movement of Rachmaninoff's 2nd Concerto in C Minor (Opus 18). As a whole it is an amazing piece, but the second movement is particularly beautiful; I can play it over and over in my head and it never gets old!

YouTube link is a live performance of the concerto by Anna Fedorova:

• Love
Reactions: BBBen and Woncrinklz
JaberandCamgar said:
@Woncrinklz I'd go crazy too if that were stuck in my head!

If there's one piece of orchestral music that I'd embrace as an earworm . . . oh wait, there is! The 2nd movement of Rachmaninoff's 2nd Concerto in C Minor (Opus 18). As a whole it is an amazing piece, but the second movement is particularly beautiful; I can play it over and over in my head and it never gets old!

YouTube link is a live performance of the concerto by Anna Fedorova:

You're right, the piece has many layers to it, with a type of mystery or magical feel to the composition. Some parts have great potential for use as a music bed for an intense cinema movie. Plus, toward the end, it's very familiar.(y)Nice choice for a desired ear worm infestation.:giggle:

Reactions: JaberandCamgar and BBBen
My long time favorite earworm is Pure Imagination. The sound is absolute gigantic 🥰

Reactions: Woncrinklz and JaberandCamgar
@BBBen Okay, then: Something that reminds me of the "beat" to your Mind-ear-worm...:
(kindly, as I smile)
Nowadays... I'd not do that, though. Too "iffy" in the "huh?!!" dept. Lol.:ROFLMAO:But the song reminded me of Mr. Rogers, bless his soul.:unsure::giggle:

Last edited:
Back