Dripping when changing.

Mike4978 said:
I’ve had something similar happen. I was airing out before a shower. Decided to stop and take a quick shave before jumping in. I ended up soaking the bathroom vanity didn’t realize it till I was standing in it.
Your IC side should understand that there is never, a never moment, when it comes to urine leaks and placing a pad under one's self is always a must. Yes, it is a pain, but this practice will save you from a clean-up. I happen to use a towel and just consider it part of the bathroom clean-up /wash after a shower.

Reactions: Deleted member 59603, BABYTIGERCUB, BigAl2 and 1 other person
BABYTIGERCUB said:
That happens all the time but I'm Retired and not working I place a towle on the floor when I'm changing not to pee on floor and take off all lower clothes not to pee on my pants, I've never tried changing in a public restroom as of yet but as my Urinary incontinence gets worse from spinal stenosis I'll have to try different techniques to deal with that issue.
Have you got something to grab the towel off the floor with when you’re done? It’s been getting to be a lot further down to touch my toes lately so I know that I’m getting taller and I’m not sure I could do it. Bending over and snatching something off the floor without getting down on my knees these past few years has been getting to be a lot more of a challenge.

• Wow
Reactions: Edgewater and BigAl2
Sounds like a combination of knees and/or hips! Or just getting older!

But, there is a TOOL that is available at near any medical supply store near anywhere. Very fancy name: Grabber! It has a pistol like handle that when one pulls the trigger closes two appositions tips with rubber grippers on them. They are great for everything at ground level. It they slip-off it, you are likely lifting something above their capacity.

The cross-section of things that can lift is huge from coins and pins to sticks and smaller branches. We buy them a couple at a time as they can be used anywhere you drop something. From outside the car, to the porch, the garage and anywhere within the home.

Last edited:
Reactions: BABYTIGERCUB, Zeke and BigAl2
Edgewater said:
Sounds like a combination of knees and/or hips! Or just getting older!

But, there is a TOOL that is available at near any medical supply store near anywhere. Very fancy name: Grabber! It has a pistol like handle that when one pulls the trigger closes two appositions tips with rubber grippers on them. They are great for everything at ground level. It they slip-off it, you are likely lifting something above their capacity.

The cross-section of things that can lift is huge from coins and pins to sticks and smaller branches. We buy them a couple at a time as they can be used anywhere you drop something. From outside the car, to the porch, the garage and anywhere within the home.
I’m trying to follow Dylan Thomas’ advice and “not go gently into that good night”, but I’m going make my stand on continued bending and “rage, rage against the dying of the light”. You can almost feel Thomas shudder in the grave after my making those quotes! Oh, and so far I haven’t had much joint difficulty but the quads and glutes surely ain’t what they used to be.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Edgewater
Zeke said:
I’m trying to follow Dylan Thomas’ advice and “not go gently into that good night”, but I’m going make my stand on continued bending and “rage, rage against the dying of the light”. You can almost feel Thomas shudder in the grave after my making those quotes! Oh, and so far I haven’t had much joint difficulty but the quads and glutes surely ain’t what they used to be.
One does not need to go gently into the night. I in fact agree, I just believe that one takes advantage of 'tools' that are available and use them effectively. What is available today, only maximizes the statement. As today, we can own the night!

Reactions: Zeke and BABYTIGERCUB
Yes, I just keep my used diaper under me while I change. If I must change in the public restroom, I sit on the toilet while I wipe and put rash cream on. It's gravity that will make you dribble when you stand.

Reactions: BABYTIGERCUB
Zeke said:
Have you got something to grab the towel off the floor with when you’re done? It’s been getting to be a lot further down to touch my toes lately so I know that I’m getting taller and I’m not sure I could do it. Bending over and snatching something off the floor without getting down on my knees these past few years has been getting to be a lot more of a challenge.
The grab tool I bought on Amazon it saves your low back and mine is shot to pieces ive got an orthopedic appointment on the 20th of February to have another MRI done than an EMG I call it the medieval torture test you get stabbed and shocked at the same time it tests for nerve damage that's what is causing urinary retention and leads to overflow urinary incontinence my low back arthritis is from inflammatory autoimmune arthritis psoriatic arthritis and caused early osteoarthritis at the same time it kind of sucks I'm Now taking Norco for the entense pain takes the edge off somewhat especially at night to try and get some sleep I've become sleep deprived hopefully this surgeon can fix this by laser surgery don't want to be fused at lumbar 3 and Lumbar 4 wish me luck thanks from BabyTigerCub the mad Tigress Cub.

Reactions: Zeke and Edgewater
Since I’m mobile, I can avoid dripping all over my floor by changing over a large pad on the floor of my “office”. I use a generic cloth reusable changing pad and this has saved me floor from leaks and full accidents. Standing up in public to change, I use a similar method as others here have mentioned, where you slide the old diaper down and keep it under you as you swap out for a new diaper.

As they say the devil is in the detail.😈

I find it’s important to place the new diaper in place below and slide the old diaper off and NOT vice verca!

You can then handle the soaked diaper and dispose in a bag whilst the new diaper having no weight is laying below across your trousers/pants catching any drips.

If you do this the other way around, once you have dropped the soaked diaper across your trousers/ pants and picked up the new diaper with your hands, there’s a good chance the soaked diaper falls down one of your trouser/pant legs or flops onto the floor. 💧🙈

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt. 😂

Back