Dripping when changing.

BigAl2

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Lately i have been dripping into my pants when changing while standing up. It drives me nuts. I pull my pants up. And i can feel the pee on my pant leg. It has been increasing. My wife suggested push like your going before taking my diaper off. Any one else experience it?

Reactions: 247, Lethdale, Edgewater and 2 others
BigAl1 said:
Lately i have been dripping into my pants when changing while standing up. It drives me nuts. I pull my pants up. And i can feel the pee on my pant leg. It has been increasing. My wife suggested push like your going before taking my diaper off. Any one else experience it?
You need to see the Drs my friend.
Welcome here with us

Reactions: BABYTIGERCUB, Edgewater, Canadianfalls and 1 other person
Next visit im going to mention it.

Reactions: Edgewater
The method I've heard of for dealing with that is to like use the wall and stretch the waistband of your pants to hold the old diaper up between your legs while you slip the new diaper in.

I've really only tried it a couple times because it's not a problem for me. It felt kinda clunky, but maybe if done right it'd work out.

Reactions: Edgewater and BigAl2
That happens all the time but I'm Retired and not working I place a towle on the floor when I'm changing not to pee on floor and take off all lower clothes not to pee on my pants, I've never tried changing in a public restroom as of yet but as my Urinary incontinence gets worse from spinal stenosis I'll have to try different techniques to deal with that issue.

I'll try my wife's suggestion and put the new diaper on my pants waist. I have spinal stenosis too. And degenerative disk .

Reactions: Joeysms, Edgewater, EcoIncon and 1 other person
If this is new and suddenly onset with multiple occurrences speak to your doctor / urologist

Yes this can happen when you have IC
happens to me frequently
but since this is a new symptom for you it's best to get checked out.

you can put a pad or basically anything absorbent over your bits during change

Cleaning up dribble unfortunately is a side affect of IC

Reactions: Edgewater, bdale, EcoIncon and 1 other person
Reactions: Pino, Edgewater, BigAl2 and 1 other person
I sometimes drip a little when I remove my used nappy. but its ok. I normally take my nappy off in the bathroom. it just drips on my leg or the bathroom floor. so I just get some toilet paper n clean it up.

Reactions: laterinlife23, Edgewater and BigAl2
This happens to me and my gf lot. We've both managed to drip and leak pee on the floor regularly. My bedroom carpet has had a few wet patches on it when we've just got out the shower. It worse when ive dripped onto my trousers when ive changed at work and stuff. Ive come home a few times and been told by my x and my current partner that i have a pee odour about me. 😳

Last edited:
Today so far no drips with my wife's suggestion. (y)

Reactions: Edgewater and Soggy247
Got to love a great suggest from one's beloved!

That clamp sent a chill down my spine, but I can see that it would work. But the rigid's set a second chill down. Good idea, but I would not enjoy explaining its use to a TSA agent!

I have long lowered my diaper cover (plastic pants) and with them under the diaper and above my pants any drip(s) that occurred landed on the toilet paper I laid in the plastic pants. Old diaper out, new diaper in, set in place remove the toilet paper and pull up the diaper cover!

Last edited:
Reactions: Constantlydamp, EcoIncon, Lethdale and 1 other person
EcoIncon said:
Have you tried a clamp like this one: https://www.amazon.com/WIESNER-Incontinence-Clamp-Penile-Regular/dp/B00F3HZJ74

I don't love wearing these for very long but when I'm having a really tough time and trying to air out or just putting it on long enough to change, it helps. You don't have to put it on very tight just to stop dribbling.
I try to air out after a shower daily and something about that chill in the air while getting ready triggers a squirt or dribble every day. Sometimes I just clean it up but I did buy this clamp and it works. I only wear it for maybe 15 min or so out of the shower before a diaper. Saves me getting pee on floor or my leg. after a few min you don't really forget it but its not that uncomfortable.

Reactions: Lethdale, EcoIncon, BABYTIGERCUB and 1 other person
iatec779 said:
I try to air out after a shower daily and something about that chill in the air while getting ready triggers a squirt or dribble every day. Sometimes I just clean it up but I did buy this clamp and it works. I only wear it for maybe 15 min or so out of the shower before a diaper. Saves me getting pee on floor or my leg. after a few min you don't really forget it but its not that uncomfortable.
I wish us girls could do that it would make it a lot easier , I was out grocery shopping walking in the chilly damp air triggers a full diaper response got out of the car and filled it right up no warning just comes poring right out need to see neurosurgeon for back issues might be causing urinary incontinence and urinary retention and overflow problems and very severe lowback burning pain even narco doesn't kill that pain just takes the edge off for a little while take care from BabyTigerCub.

Reactions: Edgewater, iatec779 and BigAl2
Seems like there’s a few of us with spinal stenosis here.

I simply open up the new nappy/diaper, fold and fluff to prepare it.

Pull my trousers (and plastic pants if wearing) down to my knees and lay the new nappy over the trousers for support.

New nappy then catches any drips after removing the wet one.

Then I raise the new nappy, use the door for support and tape it up.

All dripping is contained in the new nappy.

No floors or plastic pants to clean up and no medieval torture devices😂

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: chamberpot, BigAl2, leakerABDL and 2 others
247 said:
Seems like there’s a few of us with spinal stenosis here.

I simply open up the new nappy/diaper, fold and fluff to prepare it.

Pull my trousers (and plastic pants if wearing) down to my knees and lay the new nappy over the trousers for support.

New nappy then catches any drips after removing the wet one.

Then I raise the new nappy, use the door for support and tape it up.

All dripping is contained in the new nappy.

No floors or plastic pants to clean up and no medieval torture devices😂
Yep. Spinal stenosis here.

I’m fused from C5, C6, and C7. That was 15 years ago. Now having pain at C2, 3, and 4. I’ve had the radio frequency ablation (RFA) done twice in the past 16 months to relieve the new pain.

My neurologist says I have facet joint syndrome at those new levels C2 thru 4 and sounds like I’m destined for repeat RFA’s every 6 to 12 months depending on how quickly the nerves grow back after being burned by radio frequency.

Add that to prostate removal and I’ve got more than minor dripping to contend with. But on the bright side, it’s nothing that a thick MEGAMAX or Abena with quality plastic pants can’t handle both day and night.

Reactions: Lethdale, Edgewater, BABYTIGERCUB and 1 other person
drips are not uncommon for quite a few. and then can come and go. always best to check in with your doctor so he or she can be up to date with you. usually change laying down which makes things much easier. what i do with standing up is place the fresh diaper underneath the dirty diaper either directly or on top my pants slowly remove the dirty diaper so that the new diaper can be put in place and taped. depending on the amount of the dripping hold a wipe or hand towel in place can be an option.

Reactions: BigAl2, Edgewater and BABYTIGERCUB
It happens. Others have mentioned laying out the new diaper on top of lowered pants before taking off the old one. That does work well and shrinks the amount of time spent unprotected to just a few seconds.

The other way I have done it is to only untape the top two tapes and slide the old diaper down to just above the knees. Then thread the new one in above it. It's not as good as the first way, but it works when you are wearing baggy shorts or other clothing that might slide down to the floor rather than stopping at the knees. Also in a public restroom stall where you want to keep the changing business up high out of view from the gap under the partition walls.

Reactions: BigAl2, 247, JustMe and 1 other person
Jellyfish said:
It happens. Others have mentioned laying out the new diaper on top of lowered pants before taking off the old one. That does work well and shrinks the amount of time spent unprotected to just a few seconds.

The other way I have done it is to only untape the top two tapes and slide the old diaper down to just above the knees. Then thread the new one in above it. It's not as good as the first way, but it works when you are wearing baggy shorts or other clothing that might slide down to the floor rather than stopping at the knees. Also in a public restroom stall where you want to keep the changing business up high out of view from the gap under the partition walls.
Pretty much my suggestion for handling standing up changes. If able to lie down (can get a better fit), then I can use some absorbent material during the change to catch anything might want to make itself known.

Reactions: BigAl2 and Edgewater
I’ve had something similar happen. I was airing out before a shower. Decided to stop and take a quick shave before jumping in. I ended up soaking the bathroom vanity didn’t realize it till I was standing in it.

• Sad
Reactions: BABYTIGERCUB, BigAl2 and Edgewater
Back