Does the cold make you wet the bed more?

Does the cold make you pee more?

• Yes. I face this every year. A LOT

Votes: 22 55.0%
  • Yes. But barely noticeable.

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • No. Never happens to me

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Unsure

Votes: 8 20.0%

• Total voters

Pokogirl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Hi everyone. It's been long since I've made a post here. At first, Merry Christmas to you all.

It's winter and I've noticed that I'm waking up wet more regularly this season. Generally, my bedwettings happen 2-4 nights a week. But recently it's happening almost every single night.
Not only that I've noticed my diapers to be super soggy in the morning. Almost to the point of leaking.

I live in the dorms with roommates. It would be very embarrassing for me to have an accident here. For now I'm using alarms to wake up and change at the middle of the night. I've been checked by the university doctor and they found nothing unusual.

My question is that is this happening because of the cold or should I be more concerned about it? Does it happen to you too? Any advice on how to deal with the situation?

Thanks in advance ^^

Reactions: disabledinconben
I'm more likely to use my nappy in the daytime when it's cold. Makes no difference at night because the bedclothes keep me warm.

Yeah I have to buy extra padded plastic diapers for the winter, my bedwetting also gets way, way worse. I sometimes use plastic pants over top for leaks and sometimes I use boosters.

surprise35 said:
Yeah I have to buy extra padded plastic diapers for the winter, my bedwetting also gets way, way worse. I sometimes use plastic pants over top for leaks and sometimes I use boosters.
How much extra do you have to spend?

I wake up having wet the bed almost every night, sometimes while I'm still peeing. I haven't noticed that I have more accidents when it's colder but I do enjoy it more. Just love the feeling of warm wet pee when I'm cold. Same goes for peeing my diaper when I'm out on a cold day, feels fantastic.

Reactions: chamberpot
I think that's normal, that you pee more in the winter or wet the bed more often.

Keyword could be cold diuresis: https://arkansasurology.com/what-is-cold-diuresis/

Thicker diapers or inserts would not go wrong there, then you can certainly sleep safely through again.

I answered "unsure" because I really don't know how the cold affects my wetting. I wet when I sleep, some nights more, some nights a bit less. I just haven't noticed any weather-related patterns for myself.

Reactions: Pokogirl
The cold makes me pee a lot more when outside but in the bed I am unaware of any increase in output.

I voted unsure but then when I thought about it yes I definitely do, especially if I'm wet (as in rain 🌧️ not pee)

During the day, the cold does make me more accident prone.

Reactions: Lethdale
Unsure- I do wet the bed more during the winter but I'm not sure it has anything to do with the cold. I spend more time sleeping during the winter because of the longer nights therefore I have more bedwetting opportunities.

However, during waking hours, when it's colder I find it easier to wet little and often as I seem to find it harder to control my bladder, so maybe the cold is another contributing factor to my increased bedwetting.

Oh, absolutely! I sleep really warm, so a cold room is ideal for me, unfortunately in a cold room I sleep really well as in deep, and when I go into a deep sleep it basically takes a nuclear explosion to wake me up, so I have a large uptick in accidents, same as summer when the AC finally comes on. Spring and fall are my drier seasons, typically

Any change in temperature can cause me to wet my diaper. I live in Florida so it does not get very cold here. For me it’s a simple matter of how much I drink (which is usually water). I think I’m actually dehydrated more during the winter because that is our dry season.

Reactions: BWAron
You know I would think that colder weather would make you sweat less so assuming you drink the equivalent of what you drink during warmer months (probably not) you would pee more than sweat.

PS. Poko, I didn't realize you were Bengali! Kemon acho ajke? Ratre ahro pane/jal khao tharpore ahro peshabh khorbha

Reactions: Pokogirl
AlexTerino said:
You know I would think that colder weather would make you sweat less so assuming you drink the equivalent of what you drink during warmer months (probably not) you would pee more than sweat.

PS. Poko, I didn't realize you were Bengali! Kemon acho ajke? Ratre ahro pane/jal khao tharpore ahro peshabh khorbha
Valo achi. Tumi kemon acho? Beshi pani khele amar diaper leak korbe 😅

Reactions: AlexTerino
Pokogirl said:
Hi everyone. It's been long since I've made a post here. At first, Merry Christmas to you all.

It's winter and I've noticed that I'm waking up wet more regularly this season. Generally, my bedwettings happen 2-4 nights a week. But recently it's happening almost every single night.
Not only that I've noticed my diapers to be super soggy in the morning. Almost to the point of leaking.

I live in the dorms with roommates. It would be very embarrassing for me to have an accident here. For now I'm using alarms to wake up and change at the middle of the night. I've been checked by the university doctor and they found nothing unusual.

My question is that is this happening because of the cold or should I be more concerned about it? Does it happen to you too? Any advice on how to deal with the situation?

Thanks in advance ^^
I think bedwetting often progresses over time. But it could just be the cold

Reactions: sport1
The survey question and title question are different, but outside the cold causes me to need to pee right away. We're in some crazy cold streak and I won't go out without a diaper. Inside or at night doesn't change because we have heat in our house.

Reactions: DragonPrinceling
Cold is a well-known trigger for incontinence, especially urge and reflex incontinence. I always have more trouble in the winter with urgency and leaks.

Last edited:
Pokogirl said:
Valo achi. Tumi kemon acho? Beshi pani khele amar diaper leak korbe 😅
Amio bhalo achi. Amar ombash beshi pani khae. Ahro pani kau nale diaper ta ghondho lagbe. Amar shodho ekta diaper ache aur ahro lagbe. Konta tumi Pochondo lage?

disabledinconben said:
I think bedwetting often progresses over time. But it could just be the cold
I totally agree with you over 30yrs my wetting has gotten worse.

Back