Does our world have its own vernacular?

BobbiSueEllen

A happy, soggy li'l toddle-waddle Pampers girl.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
I was wondering...aside from national or cultural vernacular, do we as a community without borders have our own unique vocabulary of words? I notice we seem to have pirated the word "Muggle" into our happy throng, and that it's getting increasing use as meaning "People who are not AB/DL/IC". I bet J. K. Rowling'd be Catherine-wheeling (cartwheeling) uphill in a fury if she found that out!

O well...we did it. So there. Harumph! 🫢🤭

Any other unique words? :unsure:

Last edited:
Reactions: Edgewater
Paci is a term we struggle to comprehend in this forum.

Always read it as a hard ck sound which is  such a different thing.

Takes a moment for it to sink in.

Reactions: Cottontail, BobbiSueEllen and Edgewater
anonnymouse said:
Paci is a term we struggle to comprehend in this forum.

Always read it as a hard ck sound which is  such a different thing.

Takes a moment for it to sink in.

It definitely doesn't mean that!! Paci is a shortening of pacifier to make it sound cuter and more babyish. I really like the British words for baby stuff cause they're naturally cute (dummy, nappy, buggy, etc) so I'm a bit of a stuck in the mud about using them on here.

That word pronounced with a hard c/k sound has very bad connotations in the UK as well.

Reactions: Cottontail, Edgewater and BobbiSueEllen
AsherDearing said:
It definitely doesn't mean that!! Paci is a shortening of pacifier to make it sound cuter and more babyish. I really like the British words for baby stuff cause they're naturally cute (dummy, nappy, buggy, etc) so I'm a bit of a stuck in the mud about using them on here.

That word pronounced with a hard c/k sound has very bad connotations in the UK as well.
We know what it means in the UK. Which is why we mentioned it.

We always "see" the c as a ck sound when reading and have to go ... eh ? No ? Ohhhh ....

Think because pacifier isn't a UK word so it just doesn't register at first.

Last edited:
Reactions: Edgewater
I want 'funderpants' to become an established euphemism.

• Thinking
Reactions: TeeMousy and Edgewater
anonnymouse said:
We know what it means in the UK. Which is why we mentioned it.

We always "see" the c as a ck sound when reading and have to go ... eh ? No ? Ohhhh ....

Think because pacifier isn't a UK word so it just doesn't register at first.

Forgot you were in the UK, got you confused with another user who wasn't in the UK (I get people confused a lot 🙃.), sorry 😟.

Reactions: anonnymouse, Edgewater and BobbiSueEllen
Sadly, Vanilla is one of those term, which is commonly used like Muggles. I admit that I have used it to define my difference vantage point here. But, few here seem to connect it with a segment of ADISC, i.e. the IC folks.

There is a new description added within the IC Forum: "Okay With Wearing Diapers." It is like a breath of fresh air! A self-acceptance of our reality.

Reactions: babybenji, babyamelia, Cottontail and 2 others
AsherDearing said:
I really like the British words for baby stuff cause they're naturally cute (dummy, nappy, buggy, etc) so I'm a bit of a stuck in the mud about using them on here.
So far I've managed to embrace most of the British-isms I've heard here on ADISC. The one that still messes with my brain is "mummy." On this side of the pond, "mummy" has exactly one widely accepted meaning: A wrapped-up dead body. :) Of course, I can quickly reason that this meaning isn't what's intended when the person writing it is British, but the association with "mommy" is definitely not automatic, and probably never will be.

Hooray for the many languages called "English," heh.

Anyway, "little" has its own meaning for those of us in ABDL circles, as does "padding." (I sort of like those ones that hide in plain sight.)

Last edited:
Reactions: babybenji, BobbiSueEllen and Edgewater
Cottontail said:
So far I've managed to embrace most of the British-isms I've heard here on ADISC. The one that still messes with my brain is "mummy." On this side of the pond, "mummy" has exactly one widely-accepted meaning: A wrapped-up dead body. :) Of course, I can quickly reason that this meaning isn't what's intended when the person writing it is British, but the association with "mommy" is definitely not automatic, and probably never will be.

The funny thing is I never used 'mummy' or 'mum' when referring to my actual mother growing up, I always 'mommy' and 'mom' instead, I don't known why I used the American version but that's pretty ingrained in my head, I don't use any other Americanisms, just that one.

Cottontail said:
Anyway, "little" has its own meaning for those of us in ABDL circles, as does "padding." (I sort of like those ones that hide in plain sight.)

The adoption of the word little was really good for this community, it feels cute and childish, which makes it more of an affirming label to me, it also has a lot less baggage attached to it than the term 'adult baby'.

Reactions: anonnymouse, BobbiSueEllen, Edgewater and 1 other person
Cottontail said:
So far I've managed to embrace most of the British-isms I've heard here on ADISC. The one that still messes with my brain is "mummy." On this side of the pond, "mummy" has exactly one widely accepted meaning: A wrapped-up dead body. :) Of course, I can quickly reason that this meaning isn't what's intended when the person writing it is British, but the association with "mommy" is definitely not automatic, and probably never will be.

Hooray for the many languages called "English," heh.

Two Great Nations Divided by a Common Language!
My business life took me to England multiple times each year. Common enough that I found myself using the original version of English!

Reactions: Cottontail and BobbiSueEllen
Given that English also has so many regional slang as well it doesn't always translate.

Can remember trying to explain the term "that's well dodgy" to an American friend who just couldn't get it. Always personally try to be basic English on multi country based places. But sometimes forget.

Reactions: Edgewater and BobbiSueEllen
Well, "sposie," is pirated, from parents of chronokiddos, whose kids usually don't wear them.

I use, "Clothie," a lot, meaning, "A member of the much smaller crew, that actually likes cloth better than disposables."

Last edited:
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, Cottontail and Edgewater
Sposie? Is that spo see or spoz e ? Either what what's one of them ?

clothie reads clothe e. Clothy is how it would be spelt in UK.

• Thinking
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and Edgewater
SpAzpieSweeTot said:
Well, "sposie," is pirated, from parents of chronokiddos, whose kids usually don't wear them.

I use, "Clothie," a lot, meaning, "A member of the much smaller crew, that actually likes cloth better than disposables."

Secret: There is a slow, but steady increase in the number of members that are slowly moving to cloth!

• Thinking
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
anonnymouse said:
Sposie? Is that spo see or spoz e ? Either what what's one of them ?

clothie reads clothe e. Clothy is how it would be spelt in UK.
Sposie is a term cloth diapering parents use for a disposable nappy, so the s has a z sound. I use nappy, here, because I know you're from the U.K.

Last edited:
Never heard of it lol x cool thanks x

Back