Does anyone else use ADISC as a pseudo-facebook?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrankyPants

A wee brat who likes his binky, sippy and dips.
Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Other
The community here has made me feel so welcomed versus the concept of Facebook. Here, I have met straight up strangers and felt as if they are friends, something abstract to popular social media platforms. I do not see a purpose of specific social media apps other than my youtu.be and ADISC nowadays. Has anyone else felt so welcomed by the community here that they contemplate the reasons behind why they created accounts on Facebook or other social media platforms? 🤔

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: DinoFrant, LePew, TheDiaperdStoner and 7 others
This is the only social media that I am on

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, Abdlchriscrinkle, Sapphyre and 3 others
Are you kidding? My Facebook friends are so boring compared to all of you!

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, Diapercutie, Kittyinpink and 3 others
I use Facebook for my gardening and chronic illness support groups, you guys here for diapers. The two shall never meet …

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and chamberpot
I found that posting on FaceBook was like posting to the void - no one ever reacted to anything, and I felt like I was wasting my time on posts no one will read.
Now-a-days I use “Write.as” if I want to write things no one cares about 🙃

Reactions: piper23, BobbiSueEllen and Deleted member 57387
JoeRelax said:
I tried Facebook, didn't like it, it felt like a highschool cheerleader popularity squad.😆
I've found FB is good for connecting with family and old friends, but none of them know about this side of me.

KarmaBaby said:
I use Facebook for my gardening and chronic illness support groups, you guys here for diapers. The two shall never meet …
No, the world's most not collide!

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Every morning, when I sit at my computer, it's usually ADISC>gmail that I open first, no matter what. I used to be hooked on social media, and now as I get older I realize the best community is on forums like this one. My time is generally better spent here. I only use FB if I'm looking for stuff.

Reactions: Deleted member 57387 and BobbiSueEllen
I started a FB account to post my picture fo my Colorado Trail trip. So my family could see them. That was in 2015 and have not been back on since. I never saw the point of it out side of staying in touch with people that you didn't really care about. At least with ADISC. We share a common interest and care what others have to say.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 57387, BobbiSueEllen and chamberpot
I don't like Facebook.. and because I have drinking problem I am at risk of really silly and damaging messages! On ADISC I can tell the truth and not put my job at risk! 🤣.. also I have always mistrusted Facebook and its to easy to invite people I don't want.. ADISC is basically all I use.. I have a transgender group , but I don't really use it.. I just prefer ADISC and the people on this site I have come to really like .

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 57387, BobbiSueEllen and chamberpot
Facebook and other social media platforms are the definition of toxicity.
I ditched my fb account over a decade ago, and don't regret it. Life for me is so much better without it.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 57387, KitsuneFox, Kittyinpink and 2 others
Abdlchriscrinkle said:
Facebook and other social media platforms are the definition of toxicity.
I ditched my fb account over a decade ago, and don't regret it. Life for me is so much better without it.
Facebook is just so rude and unfeeling , there have two deaths in my and my extended family and both times within less then ten minutes of passing it was posted for all to see, I found out my father died when my wife got a post on facebook, very cold and unnecessary but some people feel they need to be first to spread the news .. oh ya my wife is addicted to facebook, (she doesn't think posting of deaths shouldn't appear on it) personally I have never had an account.

• Wow
Reactions: Abdlchriscrinkle, Deleted member 57387 and BobbiSueEllen
I won’t knowingly have anything to do with Zuckerberg’s scams. That little weasel has always set off my A-hole alarm whenever I see how he’s trying to control dialogue in the world. Fortunately ADISC, and it’s members, don’t subscribe to the Zuckerberg ideology.

• Love
Reactions: Abdlchriscrinkle, Deleted member 57387, BobbiSueEllen and 2 others
I like Facebook as a way to occasionally check in with family and old friends, but I'm not active there. Maybe if I was the blogging type, I'd have more fun with it. I do have a couple of Facebook friends who obsessively post about everything they do, take pictures of every meal they're sitting down to, etc., and I'll admit that I just don't get it. Who cares what restaurant you just walked into or what you're about to eat? Can't you just enjoy your meal for what it is? Do you need to be praised for your menu selections as well? Anyway... For some people, I guess that stuff helps.

I'm a member of a few special interest forums, including this one. Definitely they're my preferred hangouts.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kayleigh, BobbiSueEllen, chamberpot and 1 other person
The following is my opinion...

One of my diaper camp friends got me to join up on Facebook in 2008 to play FB games with them, when FB was still somewhat fresh. Before long, siblings & parents joined up, along with relatives...then former schoolmates began looking me up. Then the gripes, arguments, fights and so on occurred. Then Zucky started becoming the center of his own FB news feeds...almost like a cult. And along came the censorship, the divisions, the questions about the grey-area of privacy invasion. Now FB and Twitter (which I never joined) are merely arenas and launch pads for politically-aligned civilian mob actions (nay, witch-hunts)...provided they match with Zucky's sociofinancial beliefs.

I left Facebook 2 years ago. That angered my mom, who herself is angering relatives on FB with her frequent political rants. The social toxicity killed it all.

ADISC is different: we don't use our real names unless we want to, which is discouraged but not against the rules; there are good standards in place to stave off hostility and polarity; we all have a common interest. That's the best social networking I know of. So far...so good. 🥳

• Love
Reactions: BeTrue, Zeke, Kittyinpink and 3 others
I've never tried Facebook and never really had any interest in using it. I pretty much only use social medias for interests I have, so besides here, I'm on a few sites for gaming related stuff. Though I find I'm more active here, a lot of the others I mostly just lurk to get useful information, and occasionally post if I actually feel like I have something to add. I tend to prefer posting under usernames over my real name anyways.

Oh, I made a Facebook account once when I was like 13 to like a video game page for a free item, lol. So if I used Adisc like Facebook, I'll like a post somewhere for a free diaper and never touch it again?

Reactions: Deleted member 57387, BeTrue and BobbiSueEllen
BobbiSueEllen said:
The following is my opinion...

ADISC is different: we don't use our real names unless we want to, which is discouraged but not against the rules; there are good standards in place to stave off hostility and polarity; we all have a common interest. That's the best social networking I know of. So far...so good. 🥳
You left out the best-est and most-est important reason this is so much better the FB ...no politics rule

• Love
Reactions: Abdlchriscrinkle, Deleted member 57387, Kayleigh and 2 others
You could probably call me an adisc addict. The warmth, congeniality and what we share is the reason I, and probably others, keep coming back.
I check FB every so often, mostly to see what friends are up to. I rarely post. And unfortunately have to wade through many narcissistic posts.
Which brings up an interesting point - I would not consider those of us here to be narcissists, which is probably another reason adisc is great.

Reactions: Deleted member 57387, BeTrue, BobbiSueEllen and 1 other person
I just started adisc recently, and so far so good. Only other social media I have is writing.com (an authors' site), but personally I like adisc better.

KrankyPants said:
The community here has made me feel so welcomed versus the concept of Facebook. Here, I have met straight up strangers and felt as if they are friends, something abstract to popular social media platforms. I do not see a purpose of specific social media apps other than my youtu.be and ADISC nowadays. Has anyone else felt so welcomed by the community here that they contemplate the reasons behind why they created accounts on Facebook or other social media platforms? 🤔
I don't want to get in trouble for politics but ever since the election I have zero use for FB and others. To be honest even before it I had very seldom used it. I am on ADISC daily. I have far more in common with people here. Even on non diaper subjects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back