Does ABU finally have fixed printing for diapers?

Although I can't see it on any apart from the pampers (the yellow marks half way Dow).. Some of the sensor marks are either hidden under the folds in the other pics or are cleverly disguised -- like the yellow kite in the huggies pull up, there is no yellow elsewhere along the entire length at that same height...

The abu preschool frontal tapes have the marks at the end of each side of the tape, and it gets cut halfway in between.

Though they could probably use the green square on the abc design instead and possibly one of the red stop signs on the traffic design maybe with a little tweaking instead if they want to hide that black Mark, but they'll need to come up with a consistent colour for all designs to save the hassle of recalibrating the sensitivity of the sensor for each colour change..
WillFord384 said:
I never thought about the distinction until this thread. Here are the exteriors of 174 adult diapers. They follow the continuous pattern you described, with the only positioned elements coming from occasional landing zones.

Except, sort of, in two cases:

Fabine Mega Booster Teddy Blue/Pink (more photos and info at link)

fetch.php

Fabine Teddy Pink (more photos and info at link)

fetch.php

The parts where the pattern bulges out are lined up with the overall hourglass shape. So these diapers are halfway between the usual continuous print and a real full-diaper design using fixed printing.

Meanwhile full-diaper designs are pretty common in baby diapers and child pull-ups. Here are 43 baby diapers and 27 child pull-ups. Among the pull-ups, there's only one that's plain white and one with a continuous design. The rest have fixed printing.

Some examples of fixed printing:

Pampers Baby-Dry (more photos and info at link)

fetch.php

Huggies Platinum Diaper (more photos and info at link)

fetch.php

Huggies Boys' Pull-Ups Learning Designs for Boys (more photos and info at link)

fetch.php

Tugaboos Training Pants for Girls (more photos and info at link)

fetch.php

Reactions: TigerDL and WillFord384
Maybe it's difficult given the machines they already have? I don't know how difficult it is to integrate a sensor with those machines. It makes sense that it's possible and baby diapers have fixed prints but there must be a reason manufacturers of ABDL diapers don't have that.

Reactions: TigerDL
mihannes said:
Maybe it's difficult given the machines they already have? I don't know how difficult it is to integrate a sensor with those machines. It makes sense that it's possible and baby diapers have fixed prints but there must be a reason manufacturers of ABDL diapers don't have that.
Because there is no need for such an embellishment on regular adult diapers

GoSuperMarcus said:
Glad to see y'alls excitement. It's been both a blessing and a curse having to keep quiet about this new product!
Marcus I would like to thank you and ABU for your commitment to this community. I am eagerly anticipating the release of this product here in the states. ABU has went above and beyond on this diaper. I am so appreciative of ABU products and they never fail to disappoint.

Wishing you and ABU happy and safe holidays.

Reactions: XLolixLolitax
So, they are actually calling the process for this specific diaper "positional printing".
ABU Japan made a sort of infosheet about it, and someone roughly translated it to English.
FGnjYYcWYAMieb8.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: TigerDL, blaincorrous, XLolixLolitax and 11 others
I would just like a 50/50 fold adn single tapes//

I have a rather large diaper stash and will not be ordering anymore until these are available in the US, need to make room!!!

Just waiting for them to appear with a plastic backing. With these amounts of absorption, I wonder how they will fit. Plastic will have a snug fit even when. wet, cotton feel mostly starts to feel like wet towels after one or two small uses. Anyone with experience about this product?

Last edited:
Roland007 said:
Just waiting for them to appear with a plastic backing. With these amounts of absorption, I wonder how they will fit. Plastic will have a snug fit even when. wet, cotton feel mostly starts to feel like wet towels after one or two small uses. Anyone with experience about this product?
Some cloth-backed diapers feel like this but I’ve noticed it with some plastic backed products too, like the northshore supreme lites. I do not get this feeling with ABU cushies, so I have hope that little kings will be fine in this way. Regardless I’ve overcome the ‘wet-towel’ feel in the past by using boosters and it seems to mitigate the effect, at least for me.

Bring these to Canada Abu !

Not my kind of diaper style I’d wear, but I’m happy that a lot of people are excited and it’s neat to see the technology in use to make these kind of prints. Wonder if this is a one time thing just for this diaper or maybe a new trend going forward.

pampers4U said:
Wow w/ 6,200 ml capacity!!! This is what we've all been waiting for, now a sdk single tape would make me want to go 24/7 for a full year!!
I agree hate the 4 tape

Reactions: blaincorrous
nwm said:
Like the basic idea - but like tape with adhesive, not Velcro.

That I for sure do not like!
Velcro tape is the better system.

nwm said:
Like the basic idea - but like tape with adhesive, not Velcro.

That I for sure do not like!
The velcro tapa is by far the better system

Back