Do you "poop" your diapers or "mess" your diapers?

What do you usually call going #2 in your diaper?

• Total voters
So, it kinda depends. I sometimes say “mess” if I’m talking on an ABDL thread. But in a personal space, or even just speak in my own head, I prefer “poop.” For one, it helps me feel littler. Plus, it’s a fun little bit of alliteration, as in “I pooped my pants.”

Reactions: wetaccident
JamesChetwynd said:
YES BabyBoy - of course you like your gur - you love your gur - you don't want to lose your gur by being changed. Your gur is warm, it is comforting, it is friendly, it is both exciting and calming at the same time, it nestles lovingly against your skin, and it is YOU - it is YOURS - you made it yourself. Oh the wonderment and the joy!
But was changing time also special in its own way - a time when Mommy was caring for you - or was it just the disappointing conclusion of your gurriness?
A friendly wave of my paw from James-in-Australia 🙋‍♀️
I knew she cared for me, but yes, it was a disappointing ending to being gurry.

PupSpaz said:
Wet and mess or messy describe diaper use, while everyone pees and poops
This! If you go in a nappy or your undies you wet or mess them (or yourself!). I also like the wording: (to have a) smelly/stinky/messy bum (eg. “Has someone got a messy bum?”)

PCS said:
In the UK, people poo their nappies.
Do they… I mean some do in real terms but that’s not how I speak or would say it…

BabyBoy2023 said:
I knew she cared for me, but yes, it was a disappointing ending to being gurry.
Disappointing - Yes - but the miracle of gur is that, even while this gur is being wiped away, the next is already on its way. YAY! :)

Both. Sometimes at the same time if my tummy hurts.

Poo not poop

There are several words and phrases which are "charged" for me because of resonances from childhood - most of them feel cute, and some also have feelings of pride (because, as a little fella, I always felt proud of what I'd done in my nappy or my pants, like it was my "craftsmanship", and Mummy never said or did anything to make me feel I shouldn't be proud).

Most often it was "Mummy I done poopies" (or "dookies" or "doodoo" or "doodie"). Probably a bit later, when I was more a pre-schooler than a toddler, it was often "Mummy I done dirtypants".

As a bigger boy, when I had a better hold on grammar, and knew it should be "I did.." or "I've done..", it was still "I done dirtypants", because the warm messy feelings "done under" melted me back into "little-boy mode".

The American word "diaper" was unknown in Australia when I was little - it was always "nappy" - but in recent years "diaper" has also become highly charged for me, because of frequent use and association.

Word are magic! They don't just convey meaning - they can also have resonances, associations, echoes..

James-in-Australia :)

I poo (and wee) my nappy cus I’m British!!

Reactions: Deleted member 39193, Yoboroad and KCA
I say poo because it makes me feel the most innocent

PCS said:
In the UK, people poo their nappies.
Correct we wee wee and poo poo them

I use them more in writing than IRL .
My aide is pretty “in tune” with what’s happening ( I don’t feel when I go ) & when she needs to change me , me asking to be changed would be pure speculation, so I stay out of it .

I call it poop, poopoo, poopy, stinky, etc. because mess is such a common word it “triggers” me when I hear it in a casual conversation LOL

I am medically bladder and bowel incontinent. Although the word "messing" may be the more adult choice, I use the more childish word "poop." So, I will say to my wife "Oh oh, I pooped my diaper." I think many of us who use "poop" do so as it helps trivialize an experience that otherwise is personal and can be stressful or very embarrassing.

Similarly at home I use the generic word "Pampers" for "diapers." So, I may say "I pooped my Pampers." In my mind that helps trivialize the experience of a bowel accident.

I have been bowl incontinent for about 11 years. Anything that helps us cope and get through the day is good.

--John

I have “accidents” because my tummy was hurting

I usually say and think that I need to poop if it's coming up, and once it happened i'll say and think that I messed myself. I guess I use both!

There is just something about the phrase “I pooped my pants” that gets me excited.

Reactions: wetaccident and Yoboroad
Poop, poopy, mess, messy, potty, stinky, and even the more adult-like term, soiled are terms I use, and is actually the current state of my Abena M4 plastic back diaper, sometimes use the term diapee. Never sh$& my diaper.

A few people have said this one but I go stinkies or “have a smelly bum” or “poopy”. It is never “mess” or “messy”. I’m assuming they are Americanisms as I don’t hear or associate with them at all…

WoollyAndJoshy said:
A few people have said this one but I go stinkies or “have a smelly bum” or “poopy”. It is never “mess” or “messy”. I’m assuming they are Americanisms as I don’t hear or associate with them at all…
Guess I associate "mess your pants" with pre-adolescent kids rather than toddlers, who go poopoo, or poo, or poopie...

Back