Do you "poop" your diapers or "mess" your diapers?

What do you usually call going #2 in your diaper?

• Total voters

DiaperedTeddyBear

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I've noticed a lot of people say "mess" instead of "poop" when they talk about using their diapers. What do you call it and why?

If you call it messing, is it for any or all of these reasons:
  • Because you've always called it that?
  • Because you think it's more polite?
  • Because you're still kind of embarrassed to say that you poop a diaper?

Explain in the comments.

I usually call it messing since it leaves a mess.

Reactions: AJFan2020, diaperbutt09, Jodie and 3 others
I've never put too much thought into this. I use them both at around a 50/50 ratio.

Reactions: AJFan2020, TheDiaperdStoner and TheGrimmRetails
I use both words without any real thought as to which one I say in any situation. My wife always asks if I've messed my diapers. She thinks poop is a little childish for her. I also use the potty word most of the time, as does my wife. She even says she has to go potty when she's off to our bathroom to pee.

Reactions: Chrissie
I usually say poop. The Adult Baby side of me likes that because the thought of pooping my diaper makes me feel little.

I say mess only occasionally. Usually it's when I'm talking to my wife and I'm slightly shy and embarrassed over the mess I just made in my diaper.

Reactions: dev and Chrissie
I use both variations such as: "I messed my diaper." "My diaper is messy." "I pooped my diaper." "My diaper is poopy." and so on. Sometimes "soiled." Never ever sh$@.

I like using "mess" because I like calling a diaper with poop in it "messy". It's just a fun euphemism. I wouldn't read too much into it.

"Made stinkies in", "poopy", "pooped in", "soiled," "insulted", and all variations on the phrase "phew, wow, you sure destroyed that diaper, you stinker" said in at least a half-impressed tone are completely acceptable.

tomato-tomoto to me

Poop is when it is solid. Messing is when it's more waterer

Reactions: gmate1713, Whitechocolate, Pika123 and 1 other person
I grew up hearing “dirty diaper” used in reference to diapers containing poop, though I can’t recall what the act of dirtying one’s diaper was called. My parents could be pretty clinical at times, though. I can almost imagine being asked (as a two-year-old), “Did you have a BM in your diaper?”

Almost.

I prefer “poop,” and variations thereof. The word “mess” didn’t become a verb in my vocabulary until I joined ADISC. When I use it, that’s just me trying to fit in with you all. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: NewLeaf
blissfullyquirky said:
I've noticed a lot of people say "mess" instead of "poop" when they talk about using their diapers. What do you call it and why?

If you call it messing, is it for any or all of these reasons:
  • Because you've always called it that?
  • Because you think it's more polite?
  • Because you're still kind of embarrassed to say that you poop a diaper?

Explain in the comments.
Messing to me is doing both so wetting and pooping = messing because lets be honest it makes a mess 😂 love it though nothing regresses you faster than sitting in your own mess.

I use both poop and mess but never say I shit my diaper. Shit just doesn't sound right and it's no very appealing either. Plus I think shit stinks more than poop. Must be a mental thing.

Nowididit said:
I use both poop and mess but never say I shit my diaper. Shit just doesn't sound right and it's no very appealing either. Plus I think shit stinks more than poop. Must be a mental thing.
Mess to me has always been the combination of both wee and poo and yeah shit my diaper doesn’t sit right with me neither.

I love poo and peepee and both in the potty. Feels more intimate

craigd1341 said:
I love poo and peepee and both in the potty. Feels more intimate
In the potty!?

• Haha
Reactions: Hemix and DiaperedTeddyBear
Cottontail said:
I grew up hearing “dirty diaper” used in reference to diapers containing poop, though I can’t recall what the act of dirtying one’s diaper was called. My parents could be pretty clinical at times, though. I can almost imagine being asked (as a two-year-old), “Did you have a BM in your diaper?”

Almost.

I prefer “poop,” and variations thereof. The word “mess” didn’t become a verb in my vocabulary until I joined ADISC. When I use it, that’s just me trying to fit in with you all. :)
I've heard "dirty diaper" a lot, as well as "stinky diaper". I've even heard some people that use stinky as a verb. "Did you stinky your diaper" just sounds weird to me though.

I prefer "poop" too, or "poo-poo" if I'm feeling really little.

Reactions: craigd1341
Just a wetter me! Number two not for me!

"Bombing run" and "dropping the bomb" also work.

Adults can pee and poop in a toilet, but the (not diapered) adults can't wet and mess in a toilet.

Wet and mess or messy describe diaper use, while everyone pees and poops.

This puppy prefers referring to it's diaper use as wetting and messing. Not much of an adult baby, but like the less ambiguous terms that are closely related to diaper use.

Poop does seem perhaps more crass than the euthanistic mess... But very little difference in this pups mind. Both terms are very crass compared to the clinical sounding BM, which seems more reserved for professional usage, lol.

Oh, and this puppy poops which makes for a messy diaper, so there's that too, lol. Mess isn't really an action, rather it's the result of pooping (in my head anyway!)

Last edited:
PupSpaz said:
Adults can pee and poop in a toilet, but the (not diapered) adults can't wet and mess in a toilet.

Wet and mess or messy describe diaper use, while everyone pees and poops.

This puppy prefers referring to it's diaper use as wetting and messing. Not much of an adult baby, but like the less ambiguous terms that are closely related to diaper use.

Poop does seem perhaps more crass than the euthanistic mess... But very little difference in this pups mind. Both terms are very crass compared to the clinical sounding BM, which seems more reserved for professional usage, lol.

Oh, and this puppy poops which makes for a messy diaper, so there's that too, lol. Mess isn't really an action, rather it's the result of pooping (in my head anyway!)
Wee is wee poo is poo mess is both together xD

Reactions: Diaperboy42
Back