Discovering my fursona

aberrantlyme

Married, ABDL, Nerd
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
So... The longer I'm on Twitter, the more and more I have enjoyed seeing the fursonas people have and associate with.

Let's say, I have a friend :), that was wondering how one discovers or build it a fursona, how would that work?

I'll tell you what was told to me: make him as you want to see yourself. There is no wrong answer. If you are torn between two species, pick both and make a hybrid.
Post your thoughts. I love hearing how people pick their own sonas.

Good luck

My initial thought is bear due to build. Luck is a big deal so I have always been drawn to the green care Bear.

Then on the line of luck I really like the idea of a horse. I connect a lot with houses as well.

Lastly, again on luck, would be a rabbit.

I feel like I need one of those super scientific Facebook surveys!

A green bear with a shamrock tattoo on his arm or back would be cool and a nod to that original care bear. I picked a bear because of my build too. My sona has a lot of my own personal features of mine. Build, hair with the peppery gray, tattoo, under bite and I also gave him my condition that caused my incontinence.

ClaudTheBear said:
I'll tell you what was told to me: make him as you want to see yourself. There is no wrong answer. If you are torn between two species, pick both and make a hybrid.
Post your thoughts. I love hearing how people pick their own sonas.

Good luck

This is some really good advise.

aberrantlyme said:
So... The longer I'm on Twitter, the more and more I have enjoyed seeing the fursonas people have and associate with.

Let's say, I have a friend :), that was wondering how one discovers or build it a fursona, how would that work?

Yep. As already stated. Pick colors, animals, elements that reflect your personality, traits, etc.

I don't really see myself as a furry. But I have fun at the conventions. I also really love Halloween, monster movies, etc. So I'm a human, that's also a werewolf. I'll usually deny being a furry / werewolf, even when wearing my fursuit. Most of my art that I get is human art, and it can get some funny looks at cons. But it's all part of the fun. It's my character that I've created.

ClaudTheBear said:
A green bear with a shamrock tattoo on his arm or back would be cool and a nod to that original care bear. I picked a bear because of my build too. My sona has a lot of my own personal features of mine. Build, hair with the peppery gray, tattoo, under bite and I also gave him my condition that caused my incontinence.
wow that sounds so cool and creative

Not sure if anyone meant the suggestions I shared about my sona were good but I thought I would share 2 of mine. The one in the diaper was the very first piece I had made and truly reflects a lot of the real me in him. The second is just part of how he has evolved and become more of what he really is. I have others I have had made that are mor for fun like a few holiday themed ones like Halloween, Christmas and Valentines. Also a few others like an Avenger bear and a Jedi.

Attachments

• claud-3.png
    claud-3.png
    782.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 26854517@400-1522442774 (1).jpg
    26854517@400-1522442774 (1).jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 7
Do you have artists that you recommend as I might throw something against the wall to see if it will stick?

I'm liking the bear idea, but I'd like to see a horse drawn out as well.

I went to the Fur Affinity forum and found someone there that was in my price range. I would also suggest going to the Fur Affinity site and look at different pieces of art and make a list of art you like. Maybe a head or body, maybe a color. What ever you jumps out at you. Just be ready for something. There are some that don't like to do baby or diaper furs. Most will post it on their pages. That would be my suggestion.

I would like to design one, but I keep hitting a wall. Thought about getting an adoptable, or maybe meeting with a character designer.

yeah the fursona thing has been driving me nuts as well as im a brony kinda transitioning over to it. I dont really want a horse one and like everyone else im partial to dogs/canines/foxes etc but colors and patterns are beyond me....i seriously have no creative bones in my body

RetroGamerGuy said:
yeah the fursona thing has been driving me nuts as well as im a brony kinda transitioning over to it. I dont really want a horse one and like everyone else im partial to dogs/canines/foxes etc but colors and patterns are beyond me....i seriously have no creative bones in my body

I feel like I need someone to help me along in the process as well. Something fun to consider.

When I first discovered furry, I went through several fursonas I interacted through on various media of the time (FurNet IRC, FurryMUCK…). I think it's a bit analogous to the phase of "trying on personalities" that most teenagers go through, until they find what "fits" and is "really them". For me, I started gravitating toward feline characters fairly quickly, eventually settling on the Canadian Lynx as the one that I feel most personally attuned with. Further specifics just sort of came with time, again just based on what "felt right".

I'm not sure if that helps or not, but it was basically my discovery process. ^.^

That is good to hear that people experiment with it.

I don't want anyone to think that I'm just being silly about it or not taking it serious. I don't want to offend or make light of it, as I'm sure people who are furries feel strongly about it.

Thanks for welcoming my discussion/questions so far. I appreciate it.

I've had several, usually feline, but then I discovered that I have a LOT of weasel in my personality.

They're small, cute, utterly ferocious when needed and often have little intention on giving up. So I turned myself into a weasel and it felt right. :3

Not like I was pretending to be a character as was the case with my previous sonas.

So also look at your personality traits as well as physical ones. <3

• Love
Reactions: rennecfox and RetroGamerGuy
Back