Difference Between "Sissy" and Non-binary?

trekkyfrom21st

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
So I was AMAB and now consider myself a non-binary person. Non-binary falls on the transgender spectrum where a person doesn't feel male or female. I enjoy wearing woman's clothing and have my own collection, including undergarments and diapers. I do not want to go through gender-affirming surgery, and at least for now, I don't want breast development. Is this considered being a sissy as well?

Reactions: Lilschoolfox, PooMinara and PaigeCherubiel
trekkyfrom21st said:
So I was AMAB and now consider myself a non-binary person. Non-binary falls on the transgender spectrum where a person doesn't feel male or female. I enjoy wearing woman's clothing and have my own collection, including undergarments and diapers. I do not want to go through gender-affirming surgery, and at least for now, I don't want breast development. Is this considered being a sissy as well?
If YOU feel that you are a sissy then you are one dear simple as that. There is no strict rules of you have to be this or that or do this or that. And most definetly NOT have to want breast surgery and transition all the way. not even you have to dress in a certain way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: PaigeCherubiel, Blathers, chrischrischris and 3 others
trekkyfrom21st said:
So I was AMAB and now consider myself a non-binary person.
Well, here are a couple of terms this old geezer will have to look up. I understand male, female, gay, lesbian, bi, trans, and ABDL. I even understand my take on sissy as it would apply to me. No explanations needed. I'll Yahoo it - I don't use Google. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: PaigeCherubiel
Learned something new today - thanks! Now hopefully I can be more understanding!

Reactions: PaigeCherubiel, Blathers and Angelapinks
Peesalot said:
Well, here are a couple of terms this old geezer will have to look up. I understand male, female, gay, lesbian, bi, trans, and ABDL. I even understand my take on sissy as it would apply to me. No explanations needed. I'll Yahoo it - I don't use Google. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Got it. Gotta love the internet. I was a dismal student in college. I think in 2 full years and 8 hours of summer school I may have earned enough credits to have completed my 1st year. Nonetheless, I have proclaimed myself worthy of having earned my PhD in "Internet Searching."

Reactions: PaigeCherubiel, CLPP and Angelapinks
Sissy is a guy who likes to wear female or little girl clothing but they still identify as their gender they were assigned with at birth. They do not have gender dysphoria, they are comfortable with their gender.

Many trans women did start out as sissies before they even knew. They didn't know their feelings they had were not common in the population about gender. So many if them may have identified as male. I used to talk to lot if them online and they said they were male but liked being a woman or they had a thing with dresses and shirts. Now I think many of them may have been trans but they didn't know it at the time. This was back in 2002-2006. They may have called themselves sissies then.

Reactions: trekkyfrom21st and Aby
trekkyfrom21st said:
i myself am non-binary but i'm also a sissy. i mainly think myself as both male and female and i have always longed to be both genders biologically

Reactions: trekkyfrom21st and chrischrischris
Calico said:
Sissy is a guy who likes to wear female or little girl clothing but they still identify as their gender they were assigned with at birth. They do not have gender dysphoria, they are comfortable with their gender.
I think a sissy would have to also be submissive in nature. I don't know that for a fact; but, it only makes sense to me.

Calico said:

Many trans women did start out as sissies before they even knew. They didn't know their feelings they had were not common in the population about gender. So many if them may have identified as male. I used to talk to lot if them online and they said they were male but liked being a woman or they had a thing with dresses and shirts. Now I think many of them may have been trans but they didn't know it at the time. This was back in 2002-2006. They may have called themselves sissies then.
So, seeing as non-binary is considered a form of gender dysphoria, then that sounds like you would not consider me wanting to dress up in girls' clothes as a sissy thing?

Peesalot said:
AMAB = Assigned Male At Birth, non-binary = a form of gender dysphoria where the person does not see themselves as strictly either their assigned gender or the "opposite gender" but more of a little of both, gender dysphoria = when someone is uncomfortable with their body because it does not biologically alline with their gender (The medical term for being transgender)

I myself am AMAB and an enby. Though I don't feel dysphoria as intense as others dysphoria, I still want breasts and sex reassignment surgery. Mostly because I dislike having this set of genitalia, but also a little bit because my family doesn't believe I'm trans unless I get the surgery and I wanna stick it to em! (They don't think I'm trans in general because I don't go out of my way to dress up nice or wear makeup despite being trans since I was 14, why should I have to change the kinds of things I wear to appease my family?) You don't have to put alot of effort into being trans because other people say so, just be yourself!

Reactions: Blathers, Angelapinks and trekkyfrom21st
Sundae said:
I myself am AMAB and an enby. Though I don't feel dysphoria as intense as others dysphoria, I still want breasts and sex reassignment surgery. Mostly because I dislike having this set of genitalia, but also a little bit because my family doesn't believe I'm trans unless I get the surgery and I wanna stick it to em! (They don't think I'm trans in general because I don't go out of my way to dress up nice or wear makeup despite being trans since I was 14, why should I have to change the kinds of things I wear to appease my family?) You don't have to put alot of effort into being trans because other people say so, just be yourself!
While I don't want breasts or gender-affirming surgery, I also really hate having male-specific body hair and male-specific reaction to stimuli (If you catch my drift). I am talking with a provider about starting a specific hormone regiment to help a little with all that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Angelapinks
trekkyfrom21st said:
While I don't want breasts or gender-affirming surgery, I also really hate having male-specific body hair and male-specific reaction to stimuli (If you catch my drift). I am talking with a provider about starting a specific hormone regiment to help a little with all that.
Understandable, I too hate male body hair and male-specific stimuli. Good for you, I hope it goes well and you get what you need!

Reactions: Angelapinks
trekkyfrom21st said:
So, seeing as non-binary is considered a form of gender dysphoria, then that sounds like you would not consider me wanting to dress up in girls' clothes as a sissy thing?
Before I knew trans people existed, I have been scolded for calling males a sissy for dressing up as LGs or women. I would be confused about it because I was going by the dictionary definition. I didn't know then they were trans. So it would be transphobic to call a trans woman or a non binary person a sissy.

Last edited:
Reactions: trekkyfrom21st
Calico said:
Before I knew trans people existed, I have been scolded for calling males a sissy for dressing up as LGs or women. I would be confused about it because I was going by the dictionary definition. I didn't know then they were trans. So it would be transphobic to call a trans woman or a non binary person a sissy.
Thanks. I was trying to fiure out if I should check that or not.

trekkyfrom21st said:
Sissy is a kink and nonbinary is a valid identity, my problem with the whole sissy thing is their misogynistic rhetoric. I don't understand them, but no hate.

trekkyfrom21st said:
seeing as non-binary is considered a form of gender dysphoria
Enby here. Being nonbinary is a gender identity, not a form of gender dysphoria. We can HAVE it to varying degrees (I still maintain that it is a cosmic joke that someone neglected adding my dick at assembly) but being nonbinary itself is not a form of dysphoria. Heck, there are nonbinary people out there with zero dysphoria.

Nonbinary is an umbrella term under the trans...uh, umbrella, that covers gender identities that aren't strictly male or female. As such, it's a bit of an oversimplification of things. If you're ever unsure about something, it never hurts to ask the nonbinary individual in question.

I have to sleep now, because my decongestants are losing a fight with melatonin, but I can answer things in the morning provided I'm not delirious from the sinus infection again. :)

Reactions: trekkyfrom21st
While the outside appearance might be the same the feeling behind it is different. "Sissy" is almost exclusively a kink- typically a submissively who involves feminine things in their kink play. "Sissies" will wear effeminate clothes or do effeminate things, often in a sexual scenario, and often having it "forced." An example might be an S&M couple where the dominate makes the (male) submissively wear a dress and panties. This overall represents a release from gender based expectations, and while it may mean the 'sissy' doesn't agree with the expectations, it is normally done for fun rather then as part of a gender identity.
There might be overlap, of course. I've met people who were into sissy kink who later came out as transgender or gender queer, and I can understand why they could confused. However, that might be like thinking someone who is into abdl actually identifies as a baby, or someone into pet play identifies as an animal. Its a game, not a gender.

(This is my interpretation of course, other people may disagree)

Reactions: SecrertSissy
So I realize this is an old thread, but I’d like to speak to the question because I think I bring a different perspective from the views expressed.

What I am reading here a lot is the notion that while enby (or non-binary) is a gender identity, sissy is a kink. This is not misguided. The word sissy had a lot of usages, including kink usages, but it is also a gender identity specifier (albeit one less used than enby on social media). To quote from Nonbinary Wiki:

“Sissy is a term used to describe people who were assigned male at birth and embrace feminine rolesand/or expression. A reclaimed slur, it retains connotations of censure that can be important to those using it as an gender identity label. The identity can fall under the genderqueer, gender variant, transfeminine, gender non-conforming, or nonbinary umbrellas depending on the individual’s identification with those terms.“

(Full entry: https://nonbinary.wiki/wiki/Sissy)

So, to answer the original question, sissy as gender is a gender identity that can (but need not) fall under the broader gender identity of nonbinary. Of course, it also has other usages in terms of presentation, personality, and sexual identity that can be claimed without identifying it as gender.

I've thought about what it means to be a sissy for many years. For myself and for others. My own opinion, is that it's more of a lifestyle that is not bound to any one construct. Both men and women can be sissies, it's no longer gender bound like it used to be. "Back in the day", it was a descriptor for a week male. Now, it's anyone who puts on a frilly pink dress or matches the criteria of what a sissy looks, and behaves like, in our own understanding of what it means. So back to the original question. No, I personally do not feel it's bound to any one gender like it used to be. It's still mainly centered around emasculated men. However, it can allow for anyone to join in on the fun of being a sissy.

Back