Difference Between "Sissy" and Non-binary?

peeeeeeeee in pantsu!!

I don't really identify as a sissy, though I do consider myself mostly-girl

... I think its too early for me to get into such delineations lol

I’ve always thought “sissy” implied a level of submission, and wearing (or being made to wear) humiliatingly frilly girly clothes.

I wear skirts and dresses most of the time, but not sissyish ones. Those are saved for private.

I don't know if I can answer "what" being a sissy "is," but in my opinion it's best practice to call people what they identify as and not try to think on it more than that. Gender's complicated, yo! I try to steer clear of wondering whether being a sissy makes someone some flavor of non-binary, since ultimately what's important is what they identify as. And most sissies I've spoken to identify as male.

On a slightly related note: the idea of a woman sissy is honestly quite thrilling. Personally, I'm really intrigued by the idea of being sissified even as a woman. Sadly that doesn't seem too common, though.

Reactions: Ali123
I always find hard to fit in the labels because half of the people say that if you don't fit 100%, you are not, another half say if you fit 1% you are. I am more the last one.
I am AMAB, but don't feel 1% attraction to any male. Do I like to dress feminine and sissy like? Yes, a lot. Do I like the humiliation and spankings etc? No, in any circumstances.
So, am I sissy? Idk. I don't consider myself non-binary as well.

In the end I am nothing all the time but it doesn't bother me.

Last edited:
I'm non-binary (I think) and definitely very gender non-conforming. Most of what I wear would be considered 'girlish', but i also like to wear white shirts underneath my dresses - mainly because I know they will fit me when I order them, whereas nice blouses are difficult to find in my size. i've got a bit of time over the next few weeks, so I'll be getting my sewing machine out to add some feminine touches like ruffles and bows to my clothes.

As for the 'sissy' label - I think it sounds kind of cute, and I definitely like lots of frills, bonnets, bows, satin material, petticoats, ruffle pants over my nappies and most of the other things that are usually associated with the term 'sissy baby'. But if I do an image search for 'sissy', there is very little that I identify with. Most sexual practices are completely uninteresting to me, and don't fit in with my babyhood. So while I identify with the term 'sissy', it's something that has taken on a very unique and individual meaning for me.

Reactions: Ali123
Thank you all. I posted this a while ago because I was a little confused. You all have been helpful. Thank you again.

Reactions: Ali123, Happy2BeInNappies2 and PooMinara
LadyOfTintagel said:
I don't know if I can answer "what" being a sissy "is," but in my opinion it's best practice to call people what they identify as and not try to think on it more than that. Gender's complicated, yo! I try to steer clear of wondering whether being a sissy makes someone some flavor of non-binary, since ultimately what's important is what they identify as. And most sissies I've spoken to identify as male.

On a slightly related note: the idea of a woman sissy is honestly quite thrilling. Personally, I'm really intrigued by the idea of being sissified even as a woman. Sadly that doesn't seem too common, though.
I must admit I’ve never come across, or thought about, a female sissy.

To me “sissy” implies a level of submission, and dressing, or being dressed in, ultra-frilly girly clothes.

So no real reason why a woman couldn’t be a sissy.

I've always seen it as less a gender identity and more a way of self expressing or a kink. Often, it is tied to rebelling and breaking gender norms, other times it is tied to something similar to BDSM. I also understand for some, it is a gender identity. It really depends on the person.

I've often found that just as interesting, especially for cis males doing it, is the difference between a sissy and drag. The main difference, aside from "Drag" largely being performance based, is in the attitude. However, drag queens also sometimes use the term.

So, basically, it depends on the person.

Still a bit confused I don’t go out in drag.
I do like frilly and girly diaper covers pacifiers and other things. My hair is very long sometimes Ex gf’s would braid it before dressing me up. I think I am a sissy?

Still a bit confused I don’t go out in drag.
Rusher said:
I do like frilly and girly diaper covers pacifiers and other things. My hair is very long sometimes Ex gf’s would braid it before dressing me up. I think I am a sissy?
Based on that I think you would be. Whether you want to use the term is up to you

I don’t go out dressed either but thanks

Fangs said:
i myself am non-binary but i'm also a sissy. i mainly think myself as both male and female and i have always longed to be both genders biologically
I was going to say similar. The term I prefer is gender fluid, not non-binary, because I feel both male and female at the same time. Sometimes one is more dominant than the other. But I always feel both, not neither. And I am perfectly fine with my female body form. As a young child I used to say I wanted to be a boy but now I think what I was trying to say was "please accept my masculine side and stop putting me in dresses because I hate them". Also, as I'm kind of new here, I get the term sissy generally refers to a biologically male person who likes to express themselves in a more feminine way but is there an equivalent for biological females who want to express themselves in a more masculine way?

mammalun said:
is there an equivalent for biological females who want to express themselves in a more masculine way?

To me a stereotypically masculine girl was always called a “Tomboy”, in terms of dictionary definitions the term “sissy” is the male equivalent, but because dumb men don’t want to be seen as “weak” or ”pathetic“, the term ”sissy“ has always had a very derogatory element.

Obviously, we now know and are at least more accepting of NB people, so don’t feel like you need to use either of these terms, your awesome the way you are 😊.

trekkyfrom21st said:
So I was AMAB and now consider myself a non-binary person. Non-binary falls on the transgender spectrum where a person doesn't feel male or female. I enjoy wearing woman's clothing and have my own collection, including undergarments and diapers. I do not want to go through gender-affirming surgery, and at least for now, I don't want breast development. Is this considered being a sissy as well?
Someone once said, "Girls and women cultivate the sissy but boys and men confirm him". When you say, "sissy" what comes to mind; how does it apply to you?

BuddyBoy said:
Someone once said, "Girls and women cultivate the sissy but boys and men confirm him". When you say, "sissy" what comes to mind; how does it apply to you?
This is an older thread (almost 3 years old) when I was really trying to figure things out. I don't know why it has made a surge.
To what you said, it makes sense and to the question I really don't know.

I think a lot of terminology can be more local almost like slang. In the kink group I used to socialize with, they would have "princess parties" and anyone was welcome just had to be "dolled-up" so there would be people who considered themselves sissies, baby girls, littles, trans, drag, and I'm sure others. It was just a time to be a pretty princess regardless of any sort of orientation or identification.
The thing I never understood was the difference between people who say they are non-binary and people that say they are gender fluid. Anyone have more insight on that???

HoneySnow said:
I think a lot of terminology can be more local almost like slang. In the kink group I used to socialize with, they would have "princess parties" and anyone was welcome just had to be "dolled-up" so there would be people who considered themselves sissies, baby girls, littles, trans, drag, and I'm sure others. It was just a time to be a pretty princess regardless of any sort of orientation or identification.
The thing I never understood was the difference between people who say they are non-binary and people that say they are gender fluid. Anyone have more insight on that???

As I understand it, genderfluid are people who seesaw between, feeling more like a man one day and like a woman the next, where as NB people have come off the seesaw all together. But I am neither so hopefully someone with more experiance can provide insight and possibly tell me I’m wrong.

Reactions: PooMinara and HoneySnow
AsherDearing said:
As I understand it, genderfluid are people who seesaw between, feeling more like a man one day and like a woman the next, where as NB people have come off the seesaw all together. But I am neither so hopefully someone with more experiance can provide insight and possibly tell me I’m wrong.

Genderfluid peope will indeed fluctuate between different genders (including e.g. agender or bigender) either from day to day or over longer periods of time. Nonbinary is a far more broad term and includes genderfluid people. There is a huge range of gender identities and expressions among nonbinary people

Back