Did anyone else have a Plastic Pant Fetish as a Child?

passion4life

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I remember at about the age of 9-10 playing at a friends house and when I went inside his house to use the bathroom, there was a pair of rubber pants hanging on the shower rod to dry. I took them off the hook and they felt so wonderfully soft and smooth! I immediately became attracted to them. When I asked my friend about them, he said his Mom made him wear a diaper and plastic pants to bed because from time to time he would wet the bed. I so wanted to do the same so I purposely wet my pants hoping MY Mom would make me wear plastic pants to bed. No such luck. She merely asked me not to wet my pants anymore, so I didn't.

However, over the years my attraction to diapers and plastic pants became significant. I binged/purged for years never really being able to pursue my fetish. However, after a divorce later in life and after a serious car wreck I find myself in diapers and plastic pants. I am urinary incontinent mostly at night with real urgency problems during days. I do not have any AB tendencies, but truly a DL now. It took so many years of desire and guilt and more desire and guilt to get in a place I am comfortable. Now my challenge to to find others that understand and don't judge. Can anyone relate?

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: GeorgeG, BrumasKintal, Sissybabyminky and 34 others
idk that I would call it a fetish - but I would get upset if the amount of clean ones I had got too low. And that annoyed mom - always telling me "You don't think I am watching that!?"

Reactions: Jr2012, Freddie07601, BobbiSueEllen and 1 other person
My rubber pants are such an incredible compliment and necessary to my love for wearing diapers and wetting myself that I could never seperate the two. Even standing alone I get a little aroused when I see plastic pants around the house. I stil remember just enjoying seeing my or my sister's rubber pants hanging in the bathroom after mom had changed us in the mornings. I even loved when they still had a little odor of pee as they hung up to dry. Sometimes I like to just slip a pair of my rubber pants on during the day just to feel their smothness against my bottom. i still love to just hang around the house or backyard in my diapers and rubber pants. I feel so childish in them, especially when I go potty in my diapers and know I am protected with my plastic pants on. it's silly but I can't help it.

• Love
Reactions: Sissybabyminky, toddlerPampers, TheDideeboy and 13 others
I didn't know they existed back then, but I would have had I known.
I do occasionally wear some without a nappy on underneath. ( Just not during warm weather...)

Reactions: Rusher, Angelapinks and BobbiSueEllen
Cruelly, when my younger sister and I were done with cloth diapers, Mom kept all the diapers and pins, but (seemingly) disposed of the plastic pants. I spent crazy amounts of time sneaking and wearing those diapers, and would have loved to compete the outfit with some plastic pants, but alas! I did sneak and wear them a few times while sis was still in diapers, but then POOF! Gone.

I often wondered whether Mom kept our diapers because she and Dad were considering having a third child, but the fact that I never found the plastic pants sort of contradicts the "third child" theory. It's more likely that the diapers were kept simply for use as rags. And, of course, diaper pins can be used for pinning other things.

.................but then I grew up, ABDL diaper companies appeared, and now I have cute plastic pants! Problem solved, and it only took a few decades. ;)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Sissybabyminky, toddlerPampers, Rusher and 15 others
I certainly took a liking to them early on. I was diapered as a child and my mom always put that pair of plastic pants over my diaper .I was in disposable Pampers(70s) and was still put in plastic pants. It stemmed from my grandmother wanting my mom to use cloth diapers and plastic pants because she obviously was old school. My mom immediately wasnt dealing with all the work washing tons of cloth diapers and knowing in the stores was all sorts of disposable diapers available. So she used the plastic Pampers but still put on plastic pants. So being a bit sensory I loved the shiny surface of the pants and the nice rustling sound they made. They were those Gerber types that were smooth on one side and textured on the other. I would often rub the textured side and love the swooshy sound they would make.! So during changes after diapered mom would bunch up each leg opening and slip my foot through each one and the pull them right up loving all the rustling sound they made. So as I aged out of diapers there were no more plastic pants either. I did try to steal one of my sisters pairs once but got caught when I fell asleep before putting them on one night and mom found them under my pillow the next morning. So being mortified I stopped trying to steal her pairs. SO as the years went one I was missing wearing them .I would often see them in catalogs baby sections wishing I could order them but was to young to do so. I managed to find some pairs from family yard sale and I pieced together two pairs to make one large pair to fit. It worked and was in ecstasy pulling on a nice plastic panty again! So then later being older as a teen I actually bought some from Toys R Us and pieced several pairs together. I now had several makeshift pairs to fit into! So this is the way it went up to about year 2000. After that with internet I could order proper pairs to wear and fit perfectly. So 20 years now I have quite a variety and wear different ones each time. The adult sized Gerbers re the best types . They are no longer made So I make sure they are taken care of. So the "fetish" or just preference for plastic pants has been here all my life. Interstingly my wife actually likes when I wear them when we are in bed. She loves how they hug my nether regions. So its always a plus when the wife is on board with these type things.

Reactions: Sissybabyminky, vp39, ogdlv and 16 others
I never wear a nappy without plastic pants. Emanates from childhood. As a bedwetter to my teens up to the mid sixties I was put in cloth nappies, thus plastic pants were not an option. Wear disposables now for convenience, but always with plastic pants of which I have a variety of fits and colours.

Reactions: DLWee, ianwee, SDB2014 and 8 others
I developed a fetish for the Swedish "Snibb" tie-on plastic pants when I was 10 years old.

• Love
Reactions: ogdlv, BabyBeeGee, ianwee and 9 others
Wow, this brought back memories of my fetish beginning in childhood with an attraction to plastic pants at a very young age, not quite sure how old, but definitely pre-adolescent. I remember going to some stores by myself and buying plastic pants being very self conscious and embarrassed. I wore them over my regular underpants and would wet just a little to enjoy the feelings and sensations of being wet under my plastic pants. I can't tell you why this got started for me, it almost seems like I was hard-wired for this. Here I am now enjoying a wet and messy diaper. I have been able to balance my affiliation for diapers and plastic pants with a successful adult relationship (married) and successful career (I have a Ph.D.).

Reactions: ogdlv, Lilschoolfox, ianwee and 8 others
PhD. Oh, Piled high and deep!

• Haha
Reactions: Jorelaxed, DiaperedChastity, wowser81 and 1 other person
passion4life said:
I remember at about the age of 9-10 playing at a friends house and when I went inside his house to use the bathroom, there was a pair of rubber pants hanging on the shower rod to dry. I took them off the hook and they felt so wonderfully soft and smooth! I immediately became attracted to them. When I asked my friend about them, he said his Mom made him wear a diaper and plastic pants to bed because from time to time he would wet the bed. I so wanted to do the same so I purposely wet my pants hoping MY Mom would make me wear plastic pants to bed. No such luck. She merely asked me not to wet my pants anymore, so I didn't.

However, over the years my attraction to diapers and plastic pants became significant. I binged/purged for years never really being able to pursue my fetish. However, after a divorce later in life and after a serious car wreck I find myself in diapers and plastic pants. I am urinary incontinent mostly at night with real urgency problems during days. I do not have any AB tendencies, but truly a DL now. It took so many years of desire and guilt and more desire and guilt to get in a place I am comfortable. Now my challenge to to find others that understand and don't judge. Can anyone relate?
Cottontail said:
Cruelly, when my younger sister and I were done with cloth diapers, Mom kept all the diapers and pins, but (seemingly) disposed of the plastic pants. I spent crazy amounts of time sneaking and wearing those diapers, and would have loved to compete the outfit with some plastic pants, but alas! I did sneak and wear them a few times while sis was still in diapers, but then POOF! Gone.

I often wondered whether Mom kept our diapers because she and Dad were considering having a third child, but the fact that I never found the plastic pants sort of contradicts the "third child" theory. It's more likely that the diapers were kept simply for use as rags. And, of course, diaper pins can be used for pinning other things.

.................but then I grew up, ABDL diaper companies appeared, and now I have cute plastic pants! Problem solved, and it only took a few decades. ;)
This is just a wild shot in the dark, but parents, years ago, were driven into a plastic suffocation hysteria by experts and the media. It was oriented more toward plastic bags and Saran-Wrap types of material although parents may have quite easily extended it to plastic pants. You parents may well have thought the risk applied to plastic diaper covers since the public had been whipped into an inordinate amount of fear that they child would be found suffocated with some sort of plastic wrapped around their head.

Reactions: Blekyss, Luvshugs, Angelapinks and 1 other person
ARBO said:
I never wear a nappy without plastic pants. Emanates from childhood. As a bedwetter to my teens up to the mid sixties I was put in cloth nappies, thus plastic pants were not an option. Wear disposables now for convenience, but always with plastic pants of which I have a variety of fits and colours.
BabyTweetyBird said:
I developed a fetish for the Swedish "Snibb" tie-on plastic pants when I was 10 years old.

That scissors made me nervous when I saw it coming in. It looked like it was going to cut through the precious contents of the plastic bag!

Reactions: Angelapinks and BobbiSueEllen
Well, not to rehash an old story I’ll try to hit the highlights as the OP eerily parallels my dealings with plastic pants (PP). One of my first memories of PP was sitting on a heating vent in my bedroom of our old trailer house. The sensation of the warm plastic being stretched to its yield point across my tushie felt so good. This was followed by my perusing the baby and incontinence sections of the Sears & Roebuck, Montgomery Wards, and J.C. Penny’s catalogs. If my folks had dropped one of these catalogs on their spines I’m sure that they would’ve opened to my favorite pages and my secret would’ve been revealed. During this time period my PP larceny also began to develop. It began with stealing PP from baby bureaus, diaper pails, and clotheslines and progressed to grocery stores (they always had Gerbers in toddler size in those baby blue boxes by the baby food), variety stores, and finally K-Mart and Walmart’s. When puberty caught up with me I discovered a whole new use for PP and the demand for supply increased. During this time I became the dreaded clothesline PP bandit of my hometown. This has probably caused some financial consternation for those young mothers whose child’s diaper covers kept disappearing off their clotheslines when left out overnight. The bing and purge cycle continued into my mid twenties when I began driving semi truck and my desire for PP wained even though the environment would’ve been perfect as far as anonymity and privacy are concerned. During my wife and my first three years of marriage I had little interest and then our first child came into the picture. Our use of cloth diapers and PP on them seem to negate my interest in personal use of PP. Several years later I found myself back in college due to a spinal injury and my university physics professor introduced our class to the World Wide Web. He required us to do much of our lab work on the internet so I begrudgingly had to use it. It was there that I eventually found Diaper Pale Friends, AC Medical Supply, and other websites which showed me that I wasn’t alone in these desires. During my years attending college I went through regular binge and purge cycles during one of which I ordered my first prefolds, These diapers proved to be of little interest to me and were soon purged. A little over sic years ago I had a seizure from abruptly quitting taking the maximum daily dose of gabapentin, or at least that’s what my neurologist hypothesized. This seizure amplified the incontinence that had developed as a result of my cervical spinal injuries. During this time I was also working with my doctor to find alternate pain treatment and to get off the high dosages of opioids and other meds that I was on. When reducing these opioids the several years of opioid induced constipation began to reverse itself in the form of diarrhea which made the fecal incontinence I was experiencing that much more difficult to contain and control. Thus disposable diapers became a part of my life followed by the realization of how expensive they were. This led to my remembering how inexpensively we had cloth diapered our children and a curiosity about whether they would work for me. They did, and I have been cloth, contour diapered 24/7, for nearly six years now, to deal with my dual IC. Now I’m using my beloved PP for their designed purpose over my cloth diapers and the occasional Abena M-4 or MegaMax. Thus ends my diarrhea of the keyboard.

• Wow
Reactions: ianwee, diaperedwetter, Deleted member 65224 and 4 others
Even just seeing the words plastic pants still stir a desire in me.
I used to spend a lot of time as a youngster looking at the local washing lines in the hope of spotting a few pairs fluttering in the wind.
I would never have the nerve to touch or steal them but just standing there watching them seemed to curb my ‘needs’

These days, with a partner who joins in as caretaker, I always wear plastic pants over my disposables. It wouldn’t be the same without them.

Reactions: Sissybabyminky, ianwee, Jr2012 and 6 others
Frungie said:
Wow, this brought back memories of my fetish beginning in childhood with an attraction to plastic pants at a very young age, not quite sure how old, but definitely pre-adolescent. I remember going to some stores by myself and buying plastic pants being very self conscious and embarrassed. I wore them over my regular underpants and would wet just a little to enjoy the feelings and sensations of being wet under my plastic pants. I can't tell you why this got started for me, it almost seems like I was hard-wired for this. Here I am now enjoying a wet and messy diaper. I have been able to balance my affiliation for diapers and plastic pants with a successful adult relationship (married) and successful career (I have a Ph.D.).
Love your comment about "hard wired". I think that also applied to me.

Reactions: Sissybabyminky, ogdlv, Ridinginnappies and 10 others
Forced said:
Even just seeing the words plastic pants still stir a desire in me.
I used to spend a lot of time as a youngster looking at the local washing lines in the hope of spotting a few pairs fluttering in the wind.
I would never have the nerve to touch or steal them but just standing there watching them seemed to curb my ‘needs’

These days, with a partner who joins in as caretaker, I always wear plastic pants over my disposables. It wouldn’t be the same without them.
Yes, seeing the words "plastic pants" or observing them hanging somewhere does the trick. At times I merely hang them around the house.

Reactions: Sissybabyminky, Jr2012, glyn and 5 others
MikeDJ said:
I certainly took a liking to them early on. I was diapered as a child and my mom always put that pair of plastic pants over my diaper .I was in disposable Pampers(70s) and was still put in plastic pants. It stemmed from my grandmother wanting my mom to use cloth diapers and plastic pants because she obviously was old school. My mom immediately wasnt dealing with all the work washing tons of cloth diapers and knowing in the stores was all sorts of disposable diapers available. So she used the plastic Pampers but still put on plastic pants. So being a bit sensory I loved the shiny surface of the pants and the nice rustling sound they made. They were those Gerber types that were smooth on one side and textured on the other. I would often rub the textured side and love the swooshy sound they would make.! So during changes after diapered mom would bunch up each leg opening and slip my foot through each one and the pull them right up loving all the rustling sound they made. So as I aged out of diapers there were no more plastic pants either. I did try to steal one of my sisters pairs once but got caught when I fell asleep before putting them on one night and mom found them under my pillow the next morning. So being mortified I stopped trying to steal her pairs. SO as the years went one I was missing wearing them .I would often see them in catalogs baby sections wishing I could order them but was to young to do so. I managed to find some pairs from family yard sale and I pieced together two pairs to make one large pair to fit. It worked and was in ecstasy pulling on a nice plastic panty again! So then later being older as a teen I actually bought some from Toys R Us and pieced several pairs together. I now had several makeshift pairs to fit into! So this is the way it went up to about year 2000. After that with internet I could order proper pairs to wear and fit perfectly. So 20 years now I have quite a variety and wear different ones each time. The adult sized Gerbers re the best types . They are no longer made So I make sure they are taken care of. So the "fetish" or just preference for plastic pants has been here all my life. Interstingly my wife actually likes when I wear them when we are in bed. She loves how they hug my nether regions. So its always a plus when the wife is on board with these type things.
Great story. Thanks for sharing. Wow--I had very similar experiences growing up. That makes me feel good as one tends to think they are the ONLY one that thinks of such things. I did the whole store/catalog thing as well. Now all I need is that special lady in my life that will accept and share these wonderful feelings.

Reactions: Sissybabyminky, Jr2012, Freddie07601 and 4 others
nwm said:
idk that I would call it a fetish
I second that. "Fetish" has rather specific connotations. I would say I was drawn to them for reasons I could not fully understand due to my age. I clearly recall grocery shopping with my mom (5 or 6yo, 1985/86) and staring at all the packs of diapers on the shelf, and definitely at the plastic pants while my mom loaded the cart with good from the opposite side of the aisle. I would just stare at them until I was called to the end of the aisle. I now fully understand why I did that ;)

Reactions: Sissybabyminky, Jr2012, Davvyboy and 5 others
Clearly many people out their with similar desire to wear plastic pants when you consider the number of suppliers available. I myself use 4 suppliers depending on the style I want. Mainstay is clear noisy plastic ones as these were the ones I had through childhood.

Reactions: Sissybabyminky, ogdlv, vp39 and 5 others
There's particularly difficult to find a specialized boutique in Greece selling plastic pants and other ABDL stuff.

I'm particularly looking for adult-sized Swedish "Snibb" tie-ons made up from tear-resistant PVC.

One reason for which the "Snibb" fell out of fashion is obvious: the majority of Greek babies born after the early 1990s grew up with hourglass-shaped disposables.

• Sad
Reactions: Angelapinks and BobbiSueEllen
Back