Did anyone else ever steal diapers from a store when you were young?

Never from a store but there was a daycare in the building I worked maintenance at and I nicked my first few disposables from them. I quickly got to buying my own at out of town groceries stores and took extra care of the daycare's unit as repayment.

Never stole diapers from a store or anywhere else.

I did steal candy, paperbacks and some other small stuff until I was caught as a youngster.

Can't say I've ever stolen from a store.

Not from the "store"..like some of you, I too shamefully stole mostly "plastic pants",as they were the hard to attain Prize, to cover my diapers, towels, or whatever was at hand, as this was before disposables.. I even tried to to make my own plastic pants with a shower cap..lol..I once took 2 pr of pp from a friend of mine's house and it turned out that they belonged to someone who rented from them and they had noticed and wanted them back!..I was soo scared!..his mom called my mom and asked me to admit it..and I would'nt..his mom was pretty mean about it..I'm not sure if he did'nt get "Diaper punished" somehow for it..Yes, completely shameful, I know..it is still on my Conscience to this day..

No, But I DID steal a small box of Ex-Lax once.
Ate the whole thing on the way home...
I was shitting foam for 3 days!

Next door to the grocery store there was a children's clothing store that had changing tables and complimentary diapers. I can't count how many times in my middle school years that I would leave my mom grocery shopping and wander over to the clothing store and come out padded. Technically it was not stealing, but I certainly violated the spirit of the intention of the complimentary diaper supply that store provided.

It wasn’t diapers for me in my youth, it was plastic pants. And yes I used to “swipe” them (my grandfather’s term for stealing that seems to take some of the guilt away from the act). Anything from grocery store (that used to stock mostly Gerber brand), to department stores, to clotheslines, to baby bureaus, to diaper pails weren’t safe when I could find plastic pants there. The only place that I never considered taking them from was right off a baby’s butt. Fortunately I quit doing this years ago before I got caught (other than being caught by an older lady, that was babysitting, when I took some plastic pants, that were drying on a clothesline, which only proved to be embarrassing with no other repercussions).

messydiaper said:
Next door to the grocery store there was a children's clothing store that had changing tables and complimentary diapers. I can't count how many times in my middle school years that I would leave my mom grocery shopping and wander over to the clothing store and come out padded. Technically it was not stealing, but I certainly violated the spirit of the intention of the complimentary diaper supply that store provided.
I can relate to this story. I have indeed (in the past... not now as an adult) stolen (or simply took the free sample) diapers from changing tables that some department stores or even grocery stores had back in the day. I think they no longer stock diapers for free last time I looked. I always only see the changing table with a empty container where diapers are supposed to be if they were stocked.

Reactions: messydiaper
This is really shameful. But one time when I was a kid, I was in a church for a community event. I always loved to explore new places, so I wandered away from the event hall. I wound up in a sort of nursery/daycare room, and there were all these random diapers stocked on a shelf. I grabbed two: a white plastic diaper and a super thick pink plastic diaper. They both had cartoon characters on the waistbands. Anyway, I tucked them under my armpits, and spent the rest of the event trying not to lift my elbows, and managed to get them home without being caught. I had those diapers for a while before I finally peed in them, and threw them out. The appeal of pink diapers has stuck with me ever since. It made me feel so girly. 😊

• Love
Reactions: PaddedMewtwo, surprise35 and messydiaper
Not ever have I stole; but the temptation to just pick a package of Goodnites or Underjams and just somehow get my mom or anyone to buy them for me had always lingered on me over the course of my teen years.

I haven't stolen diapers or anything (yet), but I have stolen candy, magazines...I've been thinking about it for a few weeks, because I'm out and the ones I have don't necessarily agree with my body. I love how Goodnites fit and I've worn one for three days straight without wearing thin or getting messy.

OMG, yes I did. I started around the time I could no longer fit in the size 5 or 6 Pampers and Huggies my youngest siblings were in. That was when I found out about the youth size Attends my local store had. I would snatch one or two out of the packages and stuff them under my jacket until I was finally caught by a store clerk. She confronted me before I made it to the door and coerced me into giving her what I had under my jacket. I don't think she had suspected I stole a diaper. She said something about my parents and letting them know before shooing me out of the store with a profanity laced warning about never coming back. That encounter left me so embarrassed I never tried that ever again.

I will have to confess to this, the first was pull ups. Then as I got older and more interested in diapers/pull ups I found myself taking goodnights or anything I could fit into. I would take from friends homes and such. This was pre adolescent and before the start puberty.

I was a shelf stocker at my local grocery store when I was 16, and being the youngest, the older guys always thought it was funny to have me do the diaper aisle. This tended to work in my favor, as I would accidently poke holes in the diaper packs that I wanted with my box cutter, knowing we can't sell open items. I would just take the open pack to the back store room and stash it next to the "opens" rack, mostly out of the way, diaper packs were bright in the late 90's, so they were noticed if missing. Once I knew the coast was clear, "when they were all on a smoke break at the same time" I would just put the open pack in my backpack. I took a lot of Goodnites and Luvs size 6 during my time there.

I took (2) pampers size 5 stretches from the neighbors house while baby sitting there 2.5 yr old toddler back in 1995, I was only 10yrs old. Thats what got me back into diapers. I wore those 2 diapers and was immediately hooked, A few days later I rode my bike to the store and bought my own pack, absolutely love those memories.

As soon as I saw the title of this thread I was instantly taken back to the one time I tried stealing diapers too.
I was in a K-Mart in the early 80's and I kept walking by the diaper aisle, for me it was the orange boxed pampers that I really wanted but was too petrified to buy. One day though one of the box's was ripped open by mistake and the diapers were all exposed, I was terrified but I still grabbed a couple and shoved them into my winter coat.
I quickly walked out of the store and headed towards the closest public bathroom. But on my way down the hall to the bathroom, the K-Mart security person grabbed my shoulder and made me come with him back to his office.
I was so scared, he was extremely mean and cruel, teasing and taunting me about diapers; Did I need them? Did I still wet my pants? Did I still wet the bed? While all this might be fun teasing now it just made me cry at the time. I felt so fucked up, why did I want diapers so bad that I would steal them when I hadn't stolen anything else in my life? What was I going to tell my Mom?
He did call my Mom, she had to come pick me up but luckily after lots and lots of crying (some of it unintentional, some of it intentional) he didn't charge me with anything and let me go. My Mom asked me about it but I just said nothing and we never talked about it ever again.

Reactions: Deleted member 56912
This is about diapers, but I stold lot of times some pacifiers at my local supermarket.

And... two times I took some left bottle. Does it count ?

Last edited:
Stealing diapers/ goodnites is how I finally got put back in them, after the bedwetting alarm flopped my parents just stopped doing anything about my nightly bed soaking routine so I started stealing goodnites from the grocery store when we'd go every week. After getting caught 2 weeks in a row my mom finally started to buy them for me again but I had been stealing them or buying diapers with the little money I could earn at the time. I remember the second time getting caught the guy that caught me said to my mom " you really should be buying these for him, it's quite obvious he needs them".

Not a store but I did steal some diapers from a cupboard at school when I was 15-16. It was usually closed and locked but when I walked by it one day, it was open and it had a opened pack of large Tena slip diapers!

I asked a teacher why they were there and she said that a student used to attend the school who needed them but left long ago and the diapers were just left there.

The next day at the end of school I just went to the cupboard, made sure that there was nobody around and snatched enough diapers to kinda last me but not too much that people will notice.
When I went home I went in my room, changed out of my school uniform and put the diaper on. It was pure bliss and felt so amazing, it was the first time I wore a diaper since I was 4.

I kept gradually taking diapers from that cupboard until it was locked again, it was nice while it lasted but I understand how wrong it was for me to be stealing those diapers even though they weren’t being used. I don’t condone it.

I bought myself a pack of medium Tena slip diapers from Amazon when I was 18, a pack of Molicare diapers when I was 19 and then July this year, my first abdl diaper.

Reactions: Nappyboy
as a teen i shop lifted a how pack of diapers. wore and used them over a month with no one noticing

Reactions: Lyokodl and PaddedMewtwo
Back