• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

Diapers: Not a Fetish, but a lifestyle

Thediaperadventurer

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
Hello, this is my first time posting to the community, though I have come to Adisc many of times for support and advice about my love for diapers. Recently I think that I have made a breakthrough in my diaper wearing and this is what I'd like to share. I ask that you keep your comments positive or constructive, I always enjoy feedback about my views on diapers.

I will start by saying, over the course of my life I have always had a special place in my heart for diapers. I can remember being a toddler getting my diaper changed and how it felt to be completely depend on diapers. I went through Potty Training really quick because I was the youngest in my family. I would always get picked on by my siblings for still needing diapers, so I never got to enjoy them when I was young. My parents were also distant and dealing with their own problems, and 2 other kids, so I never had the attention, or support, I needed from them.
I remember when I would go to other people's houses I would always check to see if they had any diapers I could steal and wear for the night because they were my comfort object, and my parents no longer bought them because I was potty trained. I got caught one time at a friend's house because I pooped my pants/diaper that I took from the bathroom closet. I ended up getting put in a new one and had to sit on the couch the rest of the night, my friend came out and sat with me and we watched a movie until we fell asleep.
This behavior contineued though I was never caught... that is, until after i got my drivers license. I got caught again when I was 16, only because my parents searched my room for weed, which they didn't find, but what they did find was a few goodnites I kept hidden under my underwear in my drawer for my nighttime usage. At the time there wasn't much support or information about the topic on the internet so my parents yelled at me and accused me of some weird alcohol practice or something like that and said that it was abnormal and gross either way. I got better at hiding them after that, but I also learned how they felt about things that they didn't understand, and it wasn't supportive.
I have continued my use of diapers after going through countless binge/ purge cycles and feeling alienated. I finally have found a balance that works for me. I still live with one of my siblings but our work schedules allow for me to be on my own for most of my time.
I started buying more diapers and wearing whenever I was alone. I started to get more used to the feeling of a diaper than underwear. I still maintain full control and work 8hr shifts where I'm not diapered.
I now wear abdl diapers at night and at home, but when I'm around people I wear a goodnite, pull up diapers, or period diapers, depending on how confident I feel around the people. The closer I am to the person the thicker the diaper I wear, but if I don't know the people, I will wear a period diaper that is super thin because even at full capacity (.5 of a wetting) no one will notice.
I have become way better at disposing of my waste and keeping the smell down to a minimum. I do not have a sexual arousal for diapers, but I feel super safe and comfortable in them, so this is not a fetish or kink, rather it is a lifestyle. There are a lot of people that feel the same way about diapers and there not much out there for us because everyone talks about it being a sexual thing, when for us its just super comfortable underwear. I hope this all makes sense and others can relate!

Reactions: Kirisin, BlueFazeButDL, Jorelaxed and 5 others
Hello

I definitely get your lifestyle idea. It used to be primarily sexual for me but now it’s probably 75% lifestyle for me too.

Reactions: Thediaperadventurer
Welcome, Adventurer, to ADISC! It sounds like you have been here for awhile before joining, so it is more of an official welcome, as I hope you have already felt welcome as tiu have visited here before.

Thanks too, for the good introduction and background about yourself, as well as your willingness to be open and share of your experiences.

I hope that you will find friends and others here that you can converse with and be of support and help you as you continue on this unique journey.

ADISC is a community like bo other out there on the internet as a support forum.

Glad you joined!

Reactions: Kirisin
Thediaperadventurer said:
I do not have a sexual arousal for diapers, but I feel super safe and comfortable in them, so this is not a fetish or kink, rather it is a lifestyle. There are a lot of people that feel the same way about diapers and there not much out there for us because everyone talks about it being a sexual thing, when for us its just super comfortable underwear. I hope this all makes sense and others can relate!
This is EXTREMELY relatable. I did like diapers since I was a kid - being on the spectrum and all - but my parents obviously didn’t consider it good behavior (because I did questionable things, even im not sure what they are). Then, recently, I eventually found out that my father had been doing substances for the last two decades, and we were then forced to go out of the house. For me, it was then I realized, I need to find a way to cope, so I turned to diapers and the ABDL communities (thing is, I had known about ABDL since 12, a k a for 6 years).

I’ve now come to the realization that this can help me escape from daily stresses - instead of using disgusting cigarettes or drinking rubbing alcohol, I can use diapers! Which, btw, are SO soft… (even as the “head” of the family, there is a cute side of me). I enjoy them, but stigmas affect publicizing my lifestyle to my close friends this early - or even, at all. I hope to meet people in real life that are like me.

Thediaperadventurer said:
Hello, this is my first time posting to the community, though I have come to Adisc many of times for support and advice about my love for diapers. Recently I think that I have made a breakthrough in my diaper wearing and this is what I'd like to share. I ask that you keep your comments positive or constructive, I always enjoy feedback about my views on diapers.

I will start by saying, over the course of my life I have always had a special place in my heart for diapers. I can remember being a toddler getting my diaper changed and how it felt to be completely depend on diapers. I went through Potty Training really quick because I was the youngest in my family. I would always get picked on by my siblings for still needing diapers, so I never got to enjoy them when I was young. My parents were also distant and dealing with their own problems, and 2 other kids, so I never had the attention, or support, I needed from them.
I remember when I would go to other people's houses I would always check to see if they had any diapers I could steal and wear for the night because they were my comfort object, and my parents no longer bought them because I was potty trained. I got caught one time at a friend's house because I pooped my pants/diaper that I took from the bathroom closet. I ended up getting put in a new one and had to sit on the couch the rest of the night, my friend came out and sat with me and we watched a movie until we fell asleep.
This behavior contineued though I was never caught... that is, until after i got my drivers license. I got caught again when I was 16, only because my parents searched my room for weed, which they didn't find, but what they did find was a few goodnites I kept hidden under my underwear in my drawer for my nighttime usage. At the time there wasn't much support or information about the topic on the internet so my parents yelled at me and accused me of some weird alcohol practice or something like that and said that it was abnormal and gross either way. I got better at hiding them after that, but I also learned how they felt about things that they didn't understand, and it wasn't supportive.
I have continued my use of diapers after going through countless binge/ purge cycles and feeling alienated. I finally have found a balance that works for me. I still live with one of my siblings but our work schedules allow for me to be on my own for most of my time.
I started buying more diapers and wearing whenever I was alone. I started to get more used to the feeling of a diaper than underwear. I still maintain full control and work 8hr shifts where I'm not diapered.
I now wear abdl diapers at night and at home, but when I'm around people I wear a goodnite, pull up diapers, or period diapers, depending on how confident I feel around the people. The closer I am to the person the thicker the diaper I wear, but if I don't know the people, I will wear a period diaper that is super thin because even at full capacity (.5 of a wetting) no one will notice.
I have become way better at disposing of my waste and keeping the smell down to a minimum. I do not have a sexual arousal for diapers, but I feel super safe and comfortable in them, so this is not a fetish or kink, rather it is a lifestyle. There are a lot of people that feel the same way about diapers and there not much out there for us because everyone talks about it being a sexual thing, when for us its just super comfortable underwear. I hope this all makes sense and others can relate!
Hi, and welcome to the forums, and the community. I hope you enjoy yourself here, and make new friends also. Have Fun! (y) :giggle:

Reactions: BlueFazeButDL
Hello and welcome. You are not alone we can relate to your feelings. This community is here for you. Stay padded and know you are not alone.

Reactions: BlueFazeButDL
StarryNight said:
Hello and welcome. You are not alone we can relate to your feelings. This community is here for you. Stay padded and know you are not alone.
Thank you so much! I look forward to posting more and commenting on other people's posts about what they are going through as a diaper wearer! I already feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my chest by sharing and I Love being Padded as often as possible! Hope you are having a wonderfully diapered day as well 😋

Reactions: Kirisin and BlueFazeButDL
Back