Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
  5. Incontinent
  6. Other
I have a hospital stay coming up, and also have bowel incontinence on my medical records. How would they deal with this? Would I be wearing a diaper or would there be other things in place? I am in the UK by the way.

Thanks, Alex :)

I am not sure about the UK but from my experience in the USA yes they will diaper you but bring your own diapers as Hospitals use the worst diapers they can use

Reactions: Jorelaxed and Pino
Bring your own and let the nurses know that you can handle changes yourself, they should be good with that.

Even when it is written in your records, tell them about it on the station and, as tacospaghettidad already mentioned, tell them you can change on your own, as long as that is the fact and bring your own material.

In Germany they had usable diapers in my hospital, but i took my own. Just wear your diapers as needed.

Reactions: Jorelaxed
I am bowel incontinent and just returned from a multi-night hospital stay. I fully explained my situation to the nurses, that I brought my own diapers, and how I intended to manage things. I had them put a disposable bed pad on the bed, "just in case."

They were pleased to learn that I would diaper myself. Actually, they had never seen a patient put on a diaper while standing. I provided a mini-tutorial about how adult incontinents can mange their IC. I showed them a premium diaper with very tall internal standing leak guards and explained why those are so important. Needless to say, they had never seen a good adult diaper.

I tried one of the hospital's diapers and it was horrible (as expected).

--John
(double incontinent)

I have been to the hospital several times. Most of the time my S/O did my diaper changing when needed, however, during COVID my S/O couldn't come into the hospital. But I took my own diapers to the hospital and told them that I was incontinent. I have never been able to put on my own diapers. I asked them to help change me. They sometimes sent in a male to change me, but many of the nurses just took over when I needed to change. They were totally accepting of the situation. Remember they have seen many individuals that have this situation and are experienced in helping those that have incontinence. I agree with others that you need to bring your own diapers since hospital diapers are horrible.

mbby said:
I have been to the hospital several times. Most of the time my S/O did my diaper changing when needed, however, during COVID my S/O couldn't come into the hospital. But I took my own diapers to the hospital and told them that I was incontinent. I have never been able to put on my own diapers. I asked them to help change me. They sometimes sent in a male to change me, but many of the nurses just took over when I needed to change. They were totally accepting of the situation. Remember they have seen many individuals that have this situation and are experienced in helping those that have incontinence. I agree with others that you need to bring your own diapers since hospital diapers are horrible.
Yes as I have said previously it's all clinical they change many diapers any age any gender

Back