Diapering and Older Bedwetters

crinklybabyblue

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
Hello, this is a question for childhood bedwetters (particularly older). If your caregiver changed your diapers, do you remember anything of what was said to you while they were changing you? Did they check your diaper, or ask you if you were wet, etc. If you managed it yourself, did they say anything to you about it, like in the morning, etc?

Thanks so much.

Reactions: Atndz and Kyma
crinklybabypants said:
Hello, this is a question for childhood bedwetters (particularly older). If your caregiver changed your diapers, do you remember anything of what was said to you while they were changing you? Did they check your diaper, or ask you if you were wet, etc. If you managed it yourself, did they say anything to you about it, like in the morning, etc?

Thanks so much.
I bed wet right up until I was 12, that being said I could never tell if my diaper was wet in the mornings unless I checked for the wetness indicator status, if not my diaper was always checked by my parents when I failed to take notice

Reactions: Deleted member 57387, crinklybabyblue and Lyric
MiloTheKitten said:
I bed wet right up until I was 12, that being said I could never tell if my diaper was wet in the mornings unless I checked for the wetness indicator status, if not my diaper was always checked by my parents when I failed to take notice
How did they check your diaper? Did they pull down your pants to see the wetness indicator or did they touch it to see if it was squishy? What did they say to you if you were wet?

It would probably be different for everyone, but my memories of it was a small pat/squish on the pull-up to see if it was wet or not, and a change or a bath if that was the case. If I noticed myself that I had an accident, I would just tell them and they would change me.
My parents were pretty strict and usually they weren't really nice about bedwetting, sighing and asking me why I couldn't hold it. Honestly would have preferred having some support, but they likely thought that shame would make me stop :p. Sorry mom and dad, didn't quite work as planned!

Reactions: Babynie, TransitoryEnchantedMoment and skunk053
I wet my bed until I was 17. In those days, we only wore cloth diapers and rubber pants and my mother would diaper me at night and take them off me in the morning before school. We had many conversation during the years she diapered me. Usually we talked about school, or family things but once in awhile, we talked about me bedwetting and wearing diapers. She was always very reassuring and supportive, non-critical and just seemed to love me. My sisters also wet their beds longer than most kids, so I think she just thought we would grow out of it eventually. She did love to tell me how smart and handsome I was when I was older and still wetting my bed even after my younger sisters had stopped.

Reactions: antoniorain789, abdl86, skunk053 and 1 other person
I wet the bed up till I was almost 17 I had no shaming from my parents growing up. The only issues were with my self then

Reactions: skunk053, TXbw86, KrankyPants and 1 other person
i wet the bed until i was 12 or 13 my mom always talked to me like i was a baby when i had a diaper on she would put it on me at night while saying stuff like ''is my little baby ready for bed'' or ''you better keep mickey mouse dry or he will be sad'' (i had mickey mouse pampers) and then in the morning i was not allowed to take it off i had to go to breakfast wet or dry then after she would stand me up (i didnt wear pants because it was always hot in my house) stick her finger in the leg hole,squish the front, AND pull the back to see if it was messy (which was not often) and then she would say like ''oh you sure are a wet baby''or if it was messy she would say ''did my baby make a stinky in her pants? good thing she had a diaper on'' then she would bring me upstairs and take it off while saying like ''oh your just a baby arent you'' if it was messy that day she made me wear a diaper in th day and use it as a ''punishment'' (only if it was a weekend so there was no school

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: Freddie07601, thedlguy, babypp and 2 others
I did all my own diapering after I was 5 and wet until I was 17. My mom and dad did often check on me to see if I wet and to make sure I didn’t leak, oftentimes waking me up to change but insisting I did it myself

Reactions: SofiaInPampers
crinklybabypants said:
How did they check your diaper? Did they pull down your pants to see the wetness indicator or did they touch it to see if it was squishy? What did they say to you if you were wet?
usually I'd check the image on the front of the diaper or peak in it, usually the squish test was the ticket. and they said nothing. up until I turned 12 I had never woken up in a dry diaper. days I forgot to check my parents would casually put their hand on the front of my diaper and say "lets check if you're wet" and that was pretty much it

Reactions: antoniorain789 and ChristianDiaperLover
MiloTheKitten said:
usually I'd check the image on the front of the diaper or peak in it, usually the squish test was the ticket. and they said nothing. up until I turned 12 I had never woken up in a dry diaper. days I forgot to check my parents would casually put their hand on the front of my diaper and say "lets check if you're wet" and that was pretty much it
I wet every night until I was 12 or 13! My parents would check me when I was younger but relied on me to do my own checks after I was 10

Reactions: SofiaInPampers
hanbanan said:
I wet every night until I was 12 or 13! My parents would check me when I was younger but relied on me to do my own checks after I was 10
if you're like me then you'd have days where you forgot to check, right?

More than once! Mostly on days when I was excited for something like a trip, a weekend, or a holiday. In eighth grade I woke up a little late one day and wore my diaper (slightly wet, I must add) to the store. I didn’t notice until I was in the car

• Wow
Reactions: Pinkman123, SofiaInPampers and TXbw86
The most that was asked was if I took off my pull-ups and what I wanted to wear to school, friends, sleepovers etc.. I was always packed pullups for sleepovers and times when I would probably fall asleep. The only other question I remember being asked when I was young enough to be changed is "did you need to go to the bathroom?" which, now that I look back, was my parents asking me if I knew the state of my pullups/training underwear.

Reactions: antoniorain789, Cyprushill427, thedlguy and 1 other person
hanbanan said:
More than once! Mostly on days when I was excited for something like a trip, a weekend, or a holiday. In eighth grade I woke up a little late one day and wore my diaper (slightly wet, I must add) to the store. I didn’t notice until I was in the car
the worst thing that happened to me was when I was 8 and I woke up in the middle of the night with an upset stomach and I ended up messing really badly, I had to go to school diapered because of it lol. I also remember 1 time I was 11 and my parents had an appointment because I had to see a Urologist about my bedwetting. instead of me getting changed usually, they changed me into a new diaper because it was faster then me fiddling around and then threw me a shirt that used to be my cousin's it came down to my knees, they were running late because we had a sleep in, I didnt even have time to put pants on. we did have McDonald for breakfast so that was a plus. the doctor at the time said I would luck if I was ever going to wake up dry at all but i did lol. doctors don't know everything

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: babypp
KrankyPants said:
The most that was asked was if I took off my pull-ups and what I wanted to wear to school, friends, sleepovers etc.. I was always packed pullups for sleepovers and times when I would probably fall asleep. The only other question I remember being asked when I was young enough to be changed is "did you need to go to the bathroom?" which, now that I look back, was my parents asking me if I knew the state of my pullups/training underwear.
HAHAHAHA YES!! My parents would ask me that all the time since I wasn’t fully potty trained yet at 4. I remember not needing to go and being in a dry pull up. My mom took me into the gas station to try to pee but I couldn’t go. About 20 minutes later, poor Minnie was swimming on my crotch! I was soaked and crying, and my mom was soooo mad

• Haha
Reactions: Liddlefoot, SofiaInPampers, Lyric and 1 other person
hanbanan said:
HAHAHAHA YES!! My parents would ask me that all the time since I wasn’t fully potty trained yet at 4. I remember not needing to go and being in a dry pull up. My mom took me into the gas station to try to pee but I couldn’t go. About 20 minutes later, poor Minnie was swimming on my crotch! I was soaked and crying, and my mom was soooo mad
oof, I myself didn't potty-train until I was almost 7, my older cousins pretty much effed me up because they told me about monsters that lived in my training potty, and even worse ones that lived in the toilet, and I believed them

Last edited:
Reactions: hanbanan
MiloTheKitten said:
oof, I myself didn't potty-train until I was almost 7
I stopped pooping in my undies really early. Like between 2 and 3, but I don't remember exactly. Pee accidents were the real problem. I never had full on wettings besides wetting the bed, because during the daytime I always leaked. I didn't know if I had to pee or not and while I was playing I often wet my training underwear and only when it started coming out of me fast enough to feel it, then I would rush to the bathroom. It was really annoying when I didn't have pullups on because I kept having to change my cloth training pants. Sometimes, as gross as it sounds, I just didn't change or I would sneak a pull-up from my parent's closet or my cousin who also wet the bed to wear during the day while at his house.

Reactions: infantdale, thedlguy and undine
KrankyPants said:
I stopped pooping in my undies really early. Like between 2 and 3, but I don't remember exactly. Pee accidents were the real problem. I never had full on wettings besides wetting the bed, because during the daytime I always leaked. I didn't know if I had to pee or not and while I was playing I often wet my training underwear and only when it started coming out of me fast enough to feel it, then I would rush to the bathroom. It was really annoying when I didn't have pullups on because I kept having to change my cloth training pants. Sometimes, as gross as it sounds, I just didn't change or I would sneak a pull-up from my parent's closet or my cousin who also wet the bed to wear during the day while at his house.
well I had 2 older cousins who thought it was funny to screw me up with stories. before that my parents had successfully had me use the potty twice when I was 3 then after that I was told, I wouldn't even go near the potty or the toilet and attempts to get me to use it would result in me peeing all over the floor or holding my poop as well as me running away crying. if you haven't guessed it by now, my cousins weren't the nicest people, they were always in trouble for bulling at school

Binky Barnes and the Tough Customers!

Back