Votes: 166 81.8%
  • Average

Votes: 35 17.2%
  • Below

Votes: 2 1.0%

• Total voters
babybobby said:
~130 IQ / 1450 SAT / 98% percentile. Almost a genius, but not quite šŸ¤£
You misspelled "genius", jenius! ....Just kidding! :ROFLMAO: I'll never be that smart!

Reactions: Diprs2 and Edgewater
I've never been tested, but my kids were and got results >130 (as a side effect of other circumstances that don't belong here, not for showing off). I don't think I'm much dumber than they are.

babybobby said:
Same with driving. More than the majority of people think they are better drivers than average :ROFLMAO:
By the way - in that case it's entirely possible because people judge their own driving skills according to their own subjective definition of "average".
Some people consider themselves better drivers because they reach their destinations faster, others because they spend less on gas. Both may be right in their respective point of view.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Diprs2, star and 1 other person
I don't know what my IQ is, but I have a post grad degree from a a fine university and enjoyed a successful professional career for over 40 years. I've had a diaper fetish, been a DL, since my teens and managed all this while pinning diapers on and pulling my rubber pants up from time to time and wetting/messing them.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Diprs2 and Edgewater
Did a test many years ago without any training and got 113. Since then diseases, age etc. have reduced that a bit,
so I think I am pretty average. I'm a DL and CD.

Not sure how accurate quick online IQ tests are, but took a 40 question one that says mine is 128.

Stacy said:
I have noticed ā€œdiaper loversā€ or ā€œDLā€™sā€ tend to be intelligent. Letā€™s say a third of your countryā€™s population has an average intelligence level. A third are below average and a third are above. Where do you fit in? I love statistics šŸ˜ƒ
It might be interesting to you to look at how IQ works when we think of percentages:

I wonder if it's human nature to have a tendency to over-report IQ, or whether the majority of us actually know or have been tested?

• Thinking
Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater and BobbiSueEllen
Zeke said:
Looking back at my 68 years on this planet and reviewing some of the downright stupid things that Iā€™ve done during that time Iā€™m afraid that I would have to be grouped with the lower third.
Don't beat yourself up. Even smart people can do stupid things šŸ˜‚

• Love
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Diprs2, Edgewater and 1 other person
Anemone said:
It's probably more fair to say I have a very poorly rounded intelligence but that doesn't have the same ring to it...

Kind of points out the flaw in IQ testing though, it tells me I have good hardware but completely misses the buggy software!
Do you have what they call a "spiky profile"? Are you diagnosed ASC, if you don't mind me asking. Spiky profile is very common in Autism.

• Thinking
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Diprs2, Edgewater and 1 other person
diaperbutt09 said:
i dont think its that common in the US. i dont know anyone who has ever tested their IQ
IQ testing is more common in the upper-middle-class and upper class, where mothers are obsessed with fawning over their children in-competition with other mothers. George Carlin called that kind of parent "diaper-sniffers".

Anemone said:
Basically that IQ is a bit of a nonsense...

To use myself as an example I score quite high on the curve but there are a great many areas where I am well below that level. This has led me to do a great many stupid things in the past.

I'm working on it at long last, which also reinforces that these things are changeable rather than fixed.
I think IQ-testing does have a place but it's more about static intelligence...kinda like how a super-nice-looking car is totally useless if it doesn't run. Like that kid I knew 35 years ago who just had to have an older BMW for the name alone, spent $4,000 on one with a knocking rod, threw the rod...and found out how much they cost. Doesn't run anymore but hey! It's a nice-looking BMW! And it's his! šŸ¤Ø

The far-better IQ is the dynamic kind, a blend of having it and using it. I sure hope IQ testing doesn't involve classical composers, wine-tasting, Patrician accents and foie gras because I'd tank if it did. That Frasier-and-Niles stuff is useless in the real world...like that BMW in the driveway with the blown engine.

star said:
Don't beat yourself up. Even smart people can do stupid things šŸ˜‚
And they routinely do. Like judges...

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, FudgedInLuvs, Diprs2 and 2 others
We are all aware that there are different scoring standards in these tests, aren't we?
Done loads of them (mainly when I was younger). Good enough for Mensa (but I wasn't about to fork out money for the privilege of saying so), good enough to make a shrink think that I was cheating, and good enough to find flaws in many IQ and aptitude tests (when they first began to be introduced into job candidate screening) which kind of set the stage for the big flop that my life has been.
Them that test, don't want the best (or they'd be out of a job).

Last edited:
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Diprs2 and Edgewater
I'm not sure they say Einstein was insane along with about every other genius.
He'll I'm still trying to figure out if "I'm insane and the rest of the world is sane or is it I'm sane an the rest of the world is insane" Never been able to figure it out made my head hurt to much.

• Thinking
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Diprs2, Edgewater and 2 others
ade said:
We are all aware that there are different scoring standards in these tests, aren't we?
Done loads of them (mainly when I was younger). Good enough for Mensa (but I wasn't about to fork out money for the privilege of saying so), good enough to make a shrink think that I was cheating, and good enough to find flaws many IQ and aptitude tests (when they first began to be introduced into job candidate screening) which kind of set the stage for the big flop that my life has been.
Them that test, don't want the best (or they'd be out of a job).
I don't have the patience for aptitude tests by employers. Whether this was sensible or not, my attitude hasways been: "you've had my CV. You've met me. If that's not enough, I'll go elsewhere. "

Aptitude tests are just to make up for the failings and uncertainty of recruiting managers. Make a choice, take a chance, live with your decision.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Diprs2, Edgewater and 2 others
Was tested in Jr. HS at over 140. I also was accepted and went to Stuyvesant HS in NYC and I suspect that 140 was about the cutoff for entrance and I had over 1400 SATs. Of course all these tests really measure your ability for academic achievement. I've met a lot of people with "High IQs" who have a common sense quotient that is negative and would not know to use an umbrella or come inside when it is raining.

The world needs people with all levels of skills. I have little abilities in the hands-on things like auto repair. I can barely handle putting a nail in the wall, though I have become proficient in putting together things from IKEA. But give me a problem that needs a computer to solve and watch me 'smoke it'.

Remember there are many people who are trained in HVAC, Welding, Auto Mechanics, Plumbing, and similar stuff who out-earn most of the college graduates with non-technical degrees.

Reactions: Ecchi231, PadPhilosopher, BobbiSueEllen and 2 others
star said:
Do you have what they call a "spiky profile"? Are you diagnosed ASC, if you don't mind me asking. Spiky profile is very common in Autism.

I've had enough people ask that question to think there may be some truth to it.

I think I am probably somewhere just below the diagnostic threshold but, knowing that, have not been assessed as I don't see any particular benefit to being told which side of the divide I am on.

I'm most likely somewhere similar on the even more stigmatised personality disorder scale, with the two interacting in a slightly messy way. Again with even less motivation to be assessed.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, BobbiSueEllen, Diprs2 and 1 other person
BobbiSueEllen said:
I think IQ-testing does have a place but it's more about static intelligence...kinda like how a super-nice-looking car is totally useless if it doesn't run. Like that kid I knew 35 years ago who just had to have an older BMW for the name alone, spent $4,000 on one with a knocking rod, threw the rod...and found out how much they cost. Doesn't run anymore but hey! It's a nice-looking BMW! And it's his! šŸ¤Ø

The far-better IQ is the dynamic kind, a blend of having it and using it. I sure hope IQ testing doesn't involve classical composers, wine-tasting, Patrician accents and foie gras because I'd tank if it did. That Frasier-and-Niles stuff is useless in the real world...like that BMW in the driveway with the blown engine.

I couldn't agree more, and I'm not well capable of making use of my advantages.

It doesn't help either that the best predictors of IQ are socioeconomic status and experience with IQ style tests. Neither of which are inate or meritorious.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, BobbiSueEllen, Diprs2 and 1 other person
Nobody thinks their dumb, FACT!
In essence their too stupid to realize or are in total denial

• Thinking
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, Diprs2 and Edgewater
DiaperedDragon said:
Nobody thinks their dumb, FACT!
In essence their too stupid to realize or are in total denial

That's true I know I'm less intelligent than I think I am...

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, AComputerGuy, Diprs2 and 1 other person
I guess Iā€™m referring to IQ.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and Diprs2
Well, as many of us, around 130. Having more than 115 is not always an advantage. Often you understand things faster than other people and tend to answer too quickly. Other people think you're not listening and communication is more complicated. At school I wasn't listening, was constantly bullied by teachers and at the end had average results (for not listening, it was quite good!!!)...
Is regression also a coping mechanism to "slow down" the brain that is on "always on" position?

My kids are all a bit higher than average (my wife also) but the good new is that none of them are over 130 and are not stigmatized... Remember, having more than 130 can become very complicated.

OK, DL are maybe a bit more fast in their brains... But intelligence is not only maths, understanding or 3D projection... There is also the affective intelligence (people interaction, empathy, communcation skills, tolerance)... How is that calculated?

Normally, you understand that you're intelligent when you discover that the more you learn, the more you see that you know nothing (knowledge being so huge).
If you claim that you're intelligent and know everything, then you're dumb because you have no idea of the size of the knowledge...
This is the "Dunning-Kruger effect"

• Thinking
Reactions: Ecchi231, Edgewater, BobbiSueEllen and 1 other person
your pole is very subjective. Most people believe theyā€™re smarter than they are and IQ test are questionable in determining to intelligence I think a ABDLs canā€™t really be measured accurately because we are all different and come from all walks of life and backgrounds. I think itā€™s an interesting question, but I donā€™t think it can be accurately answered. Measuring intelligence, just put you in a one size fits all box. I believe weā€™re all too different for that.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, BobbiSueEllen and TabaCrate
Back