Votes: 2 1.0%

• Total voters

Stacy

Stacy
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I have noticed “diaper lovers” or “DL’s” tend to be intelligent. Let’s say a third of your country’s population has an average intelligence level. A third are below average and a third are above. Where do you fit in? I love statistics 😃

• Haha
Reactions: Andrewgdfw, Lumos, PadPhilosopher and 4 others
Stacy said:
I have noticed “diaper lovers” or “DL’s” tend to be intelligent. Let’s say a third of your country’s population has an average intelligence level. A third are below average and a third are above. Where do you fit in? I love statistics 😃
Looking back at my 68 years on this planet and reviewing some of the downright stupid things that I’ve done during that time I’m afraid that I would have to be grouped with the lower third.

• Haha
Reactions: PaddedBass, ORBaby, Tevinther and 5 others
Zeke said:
Looking back at my 68 years on this planet and reviewing some of the downright stupid things that I’ve done during that time I’m afraid that I would have to be grouped with the lower third.
Lol

Reactions: Edgewater
~130 IQ / 1450 SAT / 98% percentile. Almost a genius, but not quite 🤣

Reactions: Pizzanque, mxtylp2, littledub1955 and 3 others
IQ is a bell curve so it doesn’t work out that a third are below, a third at and a third above average. The average IQ is 85-115 and most people are going to sit within that average, according to google around 70% of people have an IQ within the average range. Then around 15% of people sit below and 15% above, with only 2% significantly above average (130+) and 2% significantly below average (under 70).

It’s also widely documented that people tend to overestimate their own IQs, so most people think they have an above average IQ when actually they are very much average.

What makes you think that DLs are intelligent? What are your markers for intelligence? Career? Qualifications? Level of post-graduate education? IQ test results? Written English? How have you got enough information about where any anonymous members on a forum fall to come to a conclusion DLs are generally intelligent?

Reactions: antte91, Freddie07601, PadPhilosopher and 2 others
KaleidoscopeKitty said:
It’s also widely documented that people tend to overestimate their own IQs, so most people think they have an above average IQ when actually they are very much average.
Same with driving. More than the majority of people think they are better drivers than average :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Zeke, ThatDiaperDude and Edgewater
130 IQ here too but nowhere near the same SAT score. 1200 was as high as they went when I took them!

• Love
Reactions: littledub1955, PadPhilosopher and Edgewater
Is IQ testing common in the USA? I’m in the UK and never had an in IQ test (aside from the online ones but not sure they’re exactly accurate!).

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and Edgewater
I test well but am, in fact, an idiot...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: ORBaby, chamberpot, UrgentWees and 6 others
I'm AB and I'm projected at 150+ IQ. Back in 1987, I was preparing to enlist in the Army and my recruiter drove me to what was the Air National Guard base at Paine Field in Everett, Washington (home of the massive Boeing plant) for ASVAB testing, did my test and driven home.

About a week later, I was getting surprise visits by the Air Force, Navy, you name it...with extremely enticing offers. None of them said why they were there so I called my recruiter; he explained that they'd gotten my results shortly after the test and that they were among the highest in the history of the ASVAB in Washington state. That alone surprised me...when he later showed me the computer readout, it showed one category was 89%, the others were 96, 97 and 99% with most at 99. The recruiter explained they'd estimated my IQ at over 150...unsure exactly where, I never took a formal IQ test.

It always had me wondering why, as everybody else wondered, I was like this and yet was so lacking, socially...the answer was revealed on 14 December 2018 when I was diagnosed with high-functioning autism. That answered the biggest, longest, most-frustrating mystery in my life.

Anemone said:
I test well but am, in fact, an idiot...
You are NOT an idiot! I've half a mind to warm up my paddlin' arm for you sayin' that! :cry:

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Haha
Reactions: Freddie07601, littledub1955, PadPhilosopher and 2 others
As I was a bit slow in development as a child, my parents went to a lot of doctors with me to find out, if I was stupid or anything like it. Turned out that my IQ, when I got tested at age five, was 133. The psychologist we went to afterwards just deduced that I wasn't stupid but rather had better things to do than what the kindergarten teachers told me.
Years later, I bested that result during an assessment center for a job I applied for, scoring 137. However, I never felt particularly intelligent, to be honest.

Reactions: littledub1955, PadPhilosopher, BobbiSueEllen and 1 other person
BobbiSueEllen said:
You are NOT an idiot! I've half a mind to warm up my paddlin' arm for you sayin' that! :cry:

It's probably more fair to say I have a very poorly rounded intelligence but that doesn't have the same ring to it...

Kind of points out the flaw in IQ testing though, it tells me I have good hardware but completely misses the buggy software!

• Wow
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Zeke, BobbiSueEllen and 1 other person
I haven't taken a formal IQ test, but given my academic achievements, I believe I'm most likely above average. I was labeled as a "gifted kid" in elementary school.

Reactions: littledub1955, PadPhilosopher, BobbiSueEllen and 1 other person
IQ tests have been fairly common in most larger school systems /universities in the US when they are recommending specific classes.
I have a 135+ IQ, and now being 75+, I am noting a graying of the mind and that sucks!

Love the discussion regarding Statics as it is one of my favorite toys. But it can be so easily misused.

I am finding that the ABDL/IC community as a group tends to be at or above average!

And, Anemone you are not an idiot, hardheaded, maybe, but welcome to the group on that one!:love:

• Love
Reactions: SnugglyNappyGirl, littledub1955, PadPhilosopher and 4 others
Anemone said:
It's probably more fair to say I have a very poorly rounded intelligence but that doesn't have the same ring to it...

Kind of points out the flaw in IQ testing though, it tells me I have good hardware but completely misses the buggy software!
I'm still confused. What are you trying to say?

Reactions: Edgewater
BobbiSueEllen said:
I'm still confused. What are you trying to say?

Basically that IQ is a bit of a nonsense...

To use myself as an example I score quite high on the curve but there are a great many areas where I am well below that level. This has led me to do a great many stupid things in the past.

I'm working on it at long last, which also reinforces that these things are changeable rather than fixed.

• Thinking
Reactions: antte91, PadPhilosopher, Zeke and 3 others
Seen an article awhile ago saying it takes more intelligent people too practice more imaganitive things like abdl

Reactions: littledub1955, PadPhilosopher, SebUK97 and 2 others
Never tested and I don't care. I know I'm somewhere around average IQ and could be higher if I applied myself, but I have no interest in doing so.
So with this average IQ and my above average work ethics I managed to pretty darn good for myself financially. I'm not wealthy but I'm comfortable. I'll retire comfortably with room to spare.

Reactions: littledub1955, littlemoosey, PadPhilosopher and 1 other person
KaleidoscopeKitty said:
Is IQ testing common in the USA? I’m in the UK and never had an in IQ test (aside from the online ones but not sure they’re exactly accurate!).
i dont think its that common in the US. i dont know anyone who has ever tested their IQ

• Thinking
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and Edgewater
Back in school we had an IQ test one year and mine came back at 127.

I would say I am very quick to learn new things and generally can follow along/join in with more complex discussions, I'm also pretty good at problem solving and creative/critical thinking. My problem is longer term retention for things like equations etc. I'm also terrible with names and pop culture trivia.

It's quite possible the reason you see a correlation is down to the fact that as abdl's we feel we need to show a more intelligent or mature side to others in order to cover our desires and fit in, so it seems we are smart people because we are well practiced in using knowledge as camouflage. There is also the possibility that if this desire was discovered at a younger age someone may have spent more time at home out of worry over their wants and therefore had more time to sit and study, learning new things.

Of course there is probably more to it than that, but this is probably a part of it for some of us.

Reactions: JDCH, littledub1955, PadPhilosopher and 2 others
Back