Diabetes and Incontinence

sport1 said:
Mine last wk was 6.6 so you see you do or don"t.
Don’t worry you can get that back down. Are you incontinent too?

I have been for yrs that is just another problem to deal with

t1d here and i actually found out that i had diabetes bc i started wetting the bed and then used my roomates meter to test my sugar and the meter just read “high”.

Reactions: sport1
I have had type-2 diabetes for over 20 years now. My father had it for decades before he passed away. It affected his feet and lower legs and cost him his eyesight. I have a younger brother who also has diabetes and he struggles with feet and lower leg problems. I have minor feet and lower leg problems but discovered that I became urinary incontinent in December '20. Since then, my urinary IC has progressed, but what worries me more is the growing signs of fecal IC. I now have occasional bedwetting also. So, because of this, I have been forced to make friends with diapers.

Cyprushill427 said:
t1d here and i actually found out that i had diabetes bc i started wetting the bed and then used my roomates meter to test my sugar and the meter just read “high”.
I'am also a type 2 diabetic and a bed wetter.

sport1 said:
I'am also a type 2 diabetic and a bed wetter.
I am too but I just leak after peeing. now I just wear womens bladder control panties. hate mens pads

I have had a few accidents from metfrmin. Luckily none while I was out in public. In the past few years I have had some diuretics added to my pills. Jardienz and I think Januvia might be one also. I have noticed may need to urinate skyrocket, but also not realizing that I need to go until it’s too late or having small consistent urges to go within a very short amount of time. I also have definitely had leaks here and there but I just don’t even notice. When you add to this that I am also severely blind, not completely but bad enough that it means getting around is a lot slower. I have come to realize in the past few years that diapers are really my only reliable option for maintaining my independence. I did start out as a DL so it made transitioning to Diapers full-time a way easier thing for me to do. It still sucks that financially speaking even if you can absolutely prove that you need them it’s still such a financial burden to get a good quality Diapers. And I know the kind of shit that you can get through the insurance, yes I still take advantage of those cheap crappy diapers through my OTC portion. I always use my money on the good diapers though, total dry and REARZ

• Love
rbm said:
I am too but I just leak after peeing. now I just wear womens bladder control panties. hate mens pads
My wife after several accidents put me back in diapers but lucky, I can change myself.

Back