Diabetes and Incontinence

sport1 said:
I was diagnosed diabetic about 30yrs ago just about the time my incontinence started.The only problem at 1st was urine then lately bowel,I also take metformin and just like jdj1 said better be close to toilet.I forgot to add as a benefit also having autism.
Do you enjoy wearing diapers?

I've learned to be ok with them.Thanks

Reactions: pamperbud20
Your right.

They’re actually not so bad. Becoming ABDL helps me to cope as well.

Metformin does NOT cause incontinence, it can cause upset stomach and occasionally diahorrea, but on regular does of 500mg that's all that should happen.

Reactions: DippyDawg
Wearing nappies is far better that wetting myself about every 90 minutes or so plus the thankfully rare bowel accident, although due to ongoing spinal problems and neuropathy I've already been told I'm heading for total bowel IC as well.

Mine has nothing to do with the medications its more like urge incontinence.

I also take metformin on a regular basis and have found that depending on what you eat with it, can make you more likely to have an accident later on. This is definitely happened to me plenty of times, and I am glad that I have a really good Diapers to help me out with that. No since the coronavirus, and staying home a lot more, I am not so concerned about having to change my diaper because of an accident. before I would have to hope that I didn’t have an accident while at work but now this is not an issue since I am home all the time now.

My son was Type I from when he was an infant. He wasn't doing too bad until he went off to college on his own and really messed up his health. He ended up needing new kidneys and was indeed incontinent (may still be for all I know). His mother griped at me for leaving adiaper in the bathroom trash can and I went and looked and told her I never wore slip-ons and it must have been the boy coming to visit (though for a while grandma was also wearing briefs).

jdj1 said:
I have had some problems due to diabetes .
What problems did you face with diabetes as a result? I’m sorry that your having issues as well.

Well my issues are with urination once I feel the urge to go I better by with in feet of a bathroom or I'm going to go. So I'm pretty much wearing some sort of protection if I leave the house

Reactions: DippyDawg
thank you for sharing. i am new with diabetis and has not had any big problems. As i already wear diapers full time.

The neuropathy in my hands and feet have got worse in the last few months. I finally got an appointment to see a second neurologist on 4/6 but of course that got canceled. Was told I was the list to be seen ASAP once they start seeing patients again, but goodness only knows when that will be. Good luck and good health to all my diabetic diaper wearing friends out there!

My after dinner glucose was 383. It's not like I'm not trying. But I guess I could try harder.

DippyDawg said:
My after dinner glucose was 383. It's not like I'm not trying. But I guess I could try harder.
your not the only one that could try harder I find myself needing to try harder

metforman messed with me super bad also i ended up off of that right to shots 3 a day so far 99% of my incon is from spina biffida and tethered cord i find it hard to spill a lot of stuff here in a board but we could chat some and see if i feel safe telling about mine more had a lot of bad things happen to me when i was young and still have troubles with it today

O
ibleien said:
thank you for sharing. i am new with diabetis and has not had any big problems. As i already wear diapers full time.
Are you type 2 or type 1? Are you incontinent as well from nerve damage?

Reactions: ibleien
dwayne said:
metforman messed with me super bad also i ended up off of that right to shots 3 a day so far 99% of my incon is from spina biffida and tethered cord i find it hard to spill a lot of stuff here in a board but we could chat some and see if i feel safe telling about mine more had a lot of bad things happen to me when i was young and still have troubles with it today
I’m sorry to hear that. Please drop me write me anytime soon I’d love to chat.

DippyDawg said:
Omg are you ok???That’s very high especially after dinner. Do you take metformin as well.

Metformin definitely gave me the squirts when i first started. Mine in the morning is around 120-150. I have to keep it in check as my glucose does sometimes drop below 60 right before lunch. I think the best thing is consistent healthy eating...i try to spread it my eating throughout the day instead of loading up at just meal times

Back