Diabetes and Incontinence

pamperbud20

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
Is there anyone incontinent due to diabetes? If so please share your story. I myself have been experiencing incontinence issues at times from being a type 2 diabetic.There are times my nerves will act up that it affects my bladder and bowels and I’ve had accidents because of it. I mostly wear at night because that’s when I have accidents but I’ve worn during the day as well because I’ve wet myself and didn’t know until it was too late. Taking metformin has definitely given me potty issues and had resulted in myself pooing myself and not able to make it to the bathroom. Wearing diapers isn’t so bad and I rather enjoy them. Being ABDL helps me cope with incontinence issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 57387, ibleien and Wetshisbed
Metformin will not cause continence problems unless youare ona sky high does. I'm type 2 insulin dependent and on the normal dose of metformin. now admittedly I was bladder incontinent long before I became diabetic. But over 20 years since diagnosis I have developed Diabetic Neuropathy and as for yet unknown reasons apart from affecting blood flow and sensation in feet and legs it also targets the bladder and bowel nerves and can total incontinence of both bladder aand bowel or can affect your normal continence so that you experience the odd wetting accident.

Reactions: ibleien
Oh wow I’m so sorry. I thought it was metformin for me at times but I experience neuropathy. There are times I don’t know if I’ve peed until it’s too late. I’m totally diapered at night and sometimes during the day. I do my best to maintain a healthy blood glucose. However I experience that tingling sensation in my body and it doesn’t feel good. Do you wear diapers 24/7. If you do what brands do you wear and how do you cope with incontinence.

I;m uk based so my nappies are supplied and delivered free bythe NHS, but here in Wales they only ones they supply are ID slips (nappies) and ID pads which are also used in Welsh Hospitals. When I travel I use Vivactive which are very good but which i have to buy in myself. The id nappies are terrible and I have to wear waterproof pants with them ( I like the gary clear and milky ones). Because of my spinal problems I was doubly incontinent until age 14 when they performed surgery but that still left me with bladder inco, i had a period of about 8 to 9 years where I had a very good dry spell during the day but was usually wet at night, now I have 0 bladder control and no sensation of when I need to pee or when I am peeing so have to wear 24/7 and have been doing for the last 29/30 years. A worsening of my spinal condition plus another condition called Cauda Equina and the neuropathy I am starting to lose bowel control again. As for how I cope with it, one way is by being an AB and my fiancee is also my mummy for when I need little time.
Most times I am ok with the loss of bladder control although it does sometimes lead to anxiety and depression. my worst time is when I swing my legs out of bed at nightand look down to see a wet nappy instead of a pair of nice clean and dry underwear. It's a constant reminder of the fact I need to waer a nappy. The other time i have real problems is if i have a bowel accident then I really have mental problems as all I can hear is my mother telling me "what a dirty little boy you are and it's about time you stopped acting like a baby and grew up" for some idea of my early life check the story section for a story called MY Early Life and you will understan why it affects me so badly.

Last edited:
Reactions: ibleien and pamperbud20
Omg I’m so sorry to hear about your childhood. I know that must be difficult to deal with at times. Me being ABDL helps me to cope because I’m filled with anxiety and paranoia sometimes which makes me depressed at times and I withdraw myself socially even though I like to consider myself a social butterfly. I wear Abena m4 diapers, better dry, bambino, tykables, abu, dry 24/7, crinkle and a few others. My favorite diaper to wear is abu super dry, bambino Classico, and I love the new tykables pupper diapers. The Velcro tabs are awesome and they hold a lot and they’re very cute.

my mummy tried some of the disposables with me but some of them had poor tapes and others used a special ink that indicates wetness but that transferred to my waterproof pants andstill hasn't washed off 2 years later. I completley understand what you mean about it helping cope, the best thing that ever happened to me was finding my fiancee/mummy who could cope with my incontinence on the adult side as well as understanding why I needed to be a baby at times. Whilst I wear 24/7 I'm not a 2 year old 24/7.

Reactions: pamperbud20
pamperbud20 said:
Is there anyone incontinent due to diabetes? If so please share your story. I myself have been experiencing incontinence issues at times from being a type 2 diabetic.There are times my nerves will act up that it affects my bladder and bowels and I’ve had accidents because of it. I mostly wear at night because that’s when I have accidents but I’ve worn during the day as well because I’ve wet myself and didn’t know until it was too late. Taking metformin has definitely given me potty issues and had resulted in myself pooing myself and not able to make it to the bathroom. Wearing diapers isn’t so bad and I rather enjoy them. Being ABDL helps me cope with incontinence issues.
I have diabetic related incontinence problems. I was diagnosed as having neuropathy about the same time as they found I was diabetic. In fact if I hadn't become incontinent and gone to the Doctors it could have been years before I had found out about the diabetes as I had no other symptoms.

Reactions: Pino, ibleien and pamperbud20
ST50 you were lucky then and if it has been undiagnosed ofr a long time your risk of Cardiac arrest and strokes goes sky high.

I have small fiber neuropathy from sarcoidosis that i have had since 2003.

In 2010 i was DXed with diabetes and now my doctors that don't read my medical history keep blaming my neuropathy on the diabetes.

Small Fiber Neuropathy is a body wide form of neuropathy unlike diabetic neuropathy that starts in the hands and feet and takes many many years to become body wide

Metformin effects myself even though I have MS my sister has the same issues with the drug as will as many others I have talked to. So yes Metformin does affect the #2.

it can cause some people stomach problems but it's not common

Yes it does. It definitely caused me complications with bowel incontinence as well.

Reactions: Jim100
PCBaby said:
I;m uk based so my nappies are supplied and delivered free bythe NHS, but here in Wales they only ones they supply are ID slips (nappies) and ID pads which are also used in Welsh Hospitals. When I travel I use Vivactive which are very good but which i have to buy in myself. The id nappies are terrible and I have to wear waterproof pants with them ( I like the gary clear and milky ones). Because of my spinal problems I was doubly incontinent until age 14 when they performed surgery but that still left me with bladder inco, i had a period of about 8 to 9 years where I had a very good dry spell during the day but was usually wet at night, now I have 0 bladder control and no sensation of when I need to pee or when I am peeing so have to wear 24/7 and have been doing for the last 29/30 years. A worsening of my spinal condition plus another condition called Cauda Equina and the neuropathy I am starting to lose bowel control again. As for how I cope with it, one way is by being an AB and my fiancee is also my mummy for when I need little time.
Most times I am ok with the loss of bladder control although it does sometimes lead to anxiety and depression. my worst time is when I swing my legs out of bed at nightand look down to see a wet nappy instead of a pair of nice clean and dry underwear. It's a constant reminder of the fact I need to waer a nappy. The other time i have real problems is if i have a bowel accident then I really have mental problems as all I can hear is my mother telling me "what a dirty little boy you are and it's about time you stopped acting like a baby and grew up" for some idea of my early life check the story section for a story called MY Early Life and you will understan why it affects me so badly.
What level of ID Expert did you wear if you dont mind me askinh @ PCBaby ?

Metformin tears my stomach up. I enjoy wetting my diaper, but those chocolate-pudding squirts are something else again

Reactions: pamperbud20 and Jim100
I have had some problems due to diabetes .

Reactions: pamperbud20 and Jim100
babybigdiaper said:
What level of ID Expert did you wear if you dont mind me askinh @ PCBaby ?
i used the heaviest they made.

jdj1 said:
I have had some problems due to diabetes .
Do you experience total incontinence or do you have bladder or bowel incontinence?

pamperbud20 said:
Do you experience total incontinence or do you have bladder or bowel incontinence?
just when I feel I have to urinate I better be at the right place because when it time to go I go to go

Reactions: pamperbud20, ibleien and DippyDawg
I was diagnosed diabetic about 30yrs ago just about the time my incontinence started.The only problem at 1st was urine then lately bowel,I also take metformin and just like jdj1 said better be close to toilet.I forgot to add as a benefit also having autism.

Last edited:
I’ve actually pooped myself a few times with metformin. Thank goodness I was diapered but it didn’t feel good at all especially being out or with friends.

Reactions: ibleien and DippyDawg
Back