Confidence in your diaper

chillipepperman

Diaper Lover
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hello folks,
I have a question for you all that are wearing diapers 24/7 or at least more often. What gives you the confidence not to need to change through out the day? I feel like I would fill my diaper too much to not have a leak. Which leads me to ask, are most people wearing plastic pants during these 24/7 daytime wears? Especially if you have to stand up, walk and sit many times in the day, how do avoid a leak?

Reactions: Canadianfalls, Cottontail, Edgewater and 1 other person
Know your nappy 😁

I always wear plastic pants when wearing, even over a short period, but on extended wearing times I can confidently tell how much more I can use the disposable before leaking just through experience of weight and feel.

Reactions: Pino, Canadianfalls, TigerDL and 8 others
A Megamax with a booster usually lasts fine throughout the day without issues.
Forced said:
Know your nappy 😁

...on extended wearing times I can confidently tell how much more I can use the disposable before leaking just through experience of weight and feel.
I definately agree. I use for #1 and when I feel the bottom back of my diaper start puffing up, I know I have to change soon.

Reactions: Pino, Edgewater and chillipepperman
I don't wear anything over a megamax and I can easily check (and usually feel) when it is time to change so I don't end up wanting to crawl in a hole to die because of a catastrophic leak. If the base/bottom of the diaper feels "squishy", it's time to change~!

I lied...I do wear standard issue underwear LOL. When they get even a little wet, there is no mistaking the feeling. I was only thinking about plastic pants at first and underwear slipped my mind. Sorry for any confusion.

CptKirk

Last edited:
Reactions: Pino, Edgewater, chillipepperman and 1 other person
I always wear a gary wear diaper cover over mine when I’m out and about and this has greatly reduced the amount of leaks.

Reactions: bdale, Edgewater and chillipepperman
i for sure wear plastic pants in class or when i know ill be around people for an extended period to avoid any smells from going through, especially because i drink coffee. plastic pants also are good against possible leaks but i tend to change enough during the day to avoid that. timing changes rather than waiting for them to fill up helps you to feel more confident with wearing diapers

Last edited:
Reactions: bdale, Edgewater, chillipepperman and 1 other person
Tena proskin and plastic pants. Plastic pants give me confidence. Any leak will be felt before it breaches diaper covers.

Reactions: Edgewater and chillipepperman
I forgot to mention the rare time i ever have a leak would be if I have a suprisingly heavy and sudden gush wetting. At worst a tiny bit escapes the leg gathers but isn't enough to notice on my pants. I just make my way to the bathroom when convenient to dry the little bit that gets trapped between the leak barriers. I just run a little toilet paper under the ruffley leg gather without even having to take my diaper off, and then good to go.

There is no question that the greater experience one has with a specific product that works for them, the greater their "Trust" and "Confidents" in the product will be! It is clearly what drives the brand loyalty that exist for specific products!

Reactions: diapeybabybrian, jdinvirginia, chillipepperman and 2 others
Diapers and accessories aside, having a schedule helps a lot. If you're wearing diapers at random times, it's harder to get a sense of your usage and when you need to change. On the other hand, if you're in diapers frequently, and during the same times each day, you pretty quickly learn when you need to change to avoid disaster. It just becomes automatic. Occasionally I'll diaper-check myself, but it's more for my own amusement than to gauge the need for a change. I find myself changing at pretty much the same times every day.

Reactions: Flopper, Edgewater and NappiedTruckDriver
I have a changing schedule also stick only to 2 brands and cloth nappies

Reactions: Edgewater
Although, I've worn a diaper for more than eight hours, it is best practice to change you diaper atleast once, when wearing at work. This is only when you're wearing a good brand. Like(from my experience: Incontrol, Criklz, and Northshore mega max's

Reactions: chillipepperman and Edgewater
I "practice" with diapers (pull ups) I wear to work in cold weather. At the end of the day if my pull up is still dry, I intentionally use it so I can get a feel for how far I can push it. The current ones I wear cannot hold a full voiding of my bladder, which is okay because my issue is urge incon and I tend to start squirting on my way to the toilet. The pull ups are there to keep spots of pee showing up on my pants.

But at night I wear Mega Rearz Safari. Those can legit hold five bladders of pee. I just wouldn't want to walk around in public with a 2.5 kg diaper under my pants. It would be too uncomfortable to function.

Reactions: diapeybabybrian, chillipepperman, Lethdale and 1 other person
I am a great believer in Plastic or PUL pants as they buy you time by providing a pre leak indication, there is no mistaking that "I'm about to leak" feeling when wearing plastic pants, they are absolute life savers.

Reactions: Lethdale, Edgewater and chillipepperman
Napincolove said:
I am a great believer in Plastic or PUL pants as they buy you time by providing a pre leak indication, there is no mistaking that "I'm about to leak" feeling when wearing plastic pants, they are absolute life savers.
That wet feeling on your leg or the sloshing sound of pee in the crotch 😫

Reactions: Lethdale and Edgewater
I wear plastic or nylon waterproof pants over my nappy when out and about to make sure if a leak happens it is contained until I can change.

Reactions: Lethdale, Edgewater and NappiedTruckDriver
I love the feeling of a full diaper. When I need to waddle it’s the best. Always wear plastics over and usually it holds til I change

Reactions: chillipepperman
Wow thanks everyone for the wonderful replies. I don't wear regularly but when I travel I have started to wear more. I like the feeling of having a diaper on, but I am too afraid to wet too much. I've recently bought a pair of plastic pants and my hope was that I will learn to trust them and know how safe I am. I worry of course that if I sit down into a wet diaper that it will squish out, and that's what I want the plastic pants for 😅

My other question is, going 24/7 I assume you would not mess your diaper, but if you need to have a bowel movement, do you just untape and re-tape the diaper? Or what is your experience with this? 🙏🏻

chillipepperman said:
Wow thanks everyone for the wonderful replies. I don't wear regularly but when I travel I have started to wear more. I like the feeling of having a diaper on, but I am too afraid to wet too much. I've recently bought a pair of plastic pants and my hope was that I will learn to trust them and know how safe I am. I worry of course that if I sit down into a wet diaper that it will squish out, and that's what I want the plastic pants for 😅

My other question is, going 24/7 I assume you would not mess your diaper, but if you need to have a bowel movement, do you just untape and re-tape the diaper? Or what is your experience with this? 🙏🏻
If nappy is on then I’ll poop them
Bit hard driving 56 on a highway to untape a nappy

As someone who is double incontinent and has worn 24/7 for the past 11 years, I would advise that experimentation is essential. It is important to test your diaper to find your personal limits. Take a Saturday or Sunday and push whatever concerns you most, whether it be bladder or bowel. Do this in the privacy of your own residence. Pay attention both to your own body and the diaper. Overhydrate and test your diaper by peeing to your expected maximum in various body positions - standing, sitting, and in bed. Do you pee more during certain times of the day? If you have FI, do you experience accidents at certain times? How does taping your diaper more snugly or looser affect things? Do note that a single day of experimentation is not enough to draw any conclusions.

Good luck
--John

Reactions: Lethdale, JeriHfoley18, Edgewater and 3 others
Back