Coming out as a ab/dl advice needed

Dragonlover35

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I have liked diapers for a long time and I am really starting to embrace myself as a diaper lover (with a little bit of adult baby in there😁) but I have basically haven't come out to anyone. I feel like eventually my family and some close friends will find out. I think I have done a good job of hiding it but I don't like to keep secrets that much as this is definitely my biggest. My Mom and most of my immediate family are very strongly christian so I don't think they would approve. I also am single and I want to get a gf but I don't know how she would react to a bf in diapers. I want to keep wearing diapers and being a ab/dl. Any advice? What should I do?

Reactions: BBBen and Jorelaxed
Why does anyone else need to know?

Compartmentalize your life, there's a time and a place for everything and some things don't have to involve other people.

With regards to coming out, cross that bridge if and when you get a girlfriend.

Reactions: 12srepaid, Davvyboy, barkd74 and 5 others
Thanks 👍

Reactions: TreeLad
Dragonlover35 said:
No problem. The other option is to tell them and deal with the consequences. Let us know how that goes if you do.

Reactions: 12srepaid and BBBen
I'm a 47 year old primarily DL with a little living within me around 4 years old and female to top it all off. There is only one person in my life that knows any of this, my wife. We've been together since 2001 and I didn't really tell her any of this until 2018 I think. Granted I was denying myself most of those years. Nobody "needs" to know unless you are living with them 24/7 and it's truly impossible to hide it.

Reactions: TheDideeboy, Floodingpants, barkd74 and 3 others
As TreeLad says - why should they know about it? Then my parent get to know my love to diapers, it was a realy mess. At this time i was in my teens and we all lifed together. They found my diaperstuff while I was on studentexchange. After I come home I had to explain me and say, that I wouldnt do it again. This can be a reaction by comming out. There are other members with better experience. At all: Do it your way and the way your heart tells you. And get to know what you want - be calm

And when you have enough posts to begin pricate conversations, feel welcome to write 🙋🧸

Reactions: Dragonlover35 and TreeLad
I came out to my partner after hiding my diaper wearing for some time. I didn't want to hide it or be caught out. In my honesty was the best policy.
If you are living in your own place then you can decide what you do and if you find a gf then try to introduce the subject before things start to get too intimate.
If you are the average male like me it will also be difficult, men and communication.
As for your family, if they are strongly religious then whatever differs from the norm will be distrusted. You don't have to tell them anything if you don't want to.
If you are living with your mother then I can understand that it is difficult to be yourself if you expect a negative reaction from someone who no doubt loves you and wants the best for you but probably would not agree with your life choices. If you can answer for yourself why you like diapers then maybe you could try a conversation with your mother. Having said that a close might well be the best first step. Hope this is helpful. I am at the age where parents are no longer, unfortunately, in the picture. My mother would have said do what makes you happy but at the same time still worry.

Reactions: Dragonlover35, ajp22 and BBBen
Close friend was missing there.

Reactions: Dragonlover35 and BBBen
The only person that knows is my wife. I wouldn’t share with any other one. And I have very close friends.

Reactions: FastBlackRX7, Dragonlover35 and BBBen
I keep it as private as my private parts which I've shared only with my girlfriends and my wife. I see no reason to tell anyone else.

Reactions: Dragonlover35, CptKirk and BBBen
TreeLad said:
Why does anyone else need to know?

Compartmentalize your life, there's a time and a place for everything and some things don't have to involve other people.

With regards to coming out, cross that bridge if and when you get a girlfriend.
Very well said👍

Reactions: BBBen, Dragonlover35 and TreeLad
My wife is the only one that knows about this kink. No one else needs to know about this side of me. To me it's a very intimate kink that only the person I'm intimate with needs to know.

Reactions: Subtlerustle, BBBen, Dragonlover35 and 1 other person
This gets requested a lot and the general answer you get from everyone is don't do it, there is no need for others to know (except in some circumstances i.e. telling a wife/partner/girlfriend).

The desire to tell people is common and quite understandable from a psychological point of view.
When you discover the world of ABDL and find yourself interested in diapers it can feel very lonely, at first it may feel like something is wrong with you and that you do not fit into societal norms. We as a species are very much pack animals, we feel a deep instinctive need to be part of the group so this feeling of being separate really strikes a chord and perturbs us.

As time goes on and you begin to accept it and get more comfortable with it yourself like it almost normalises for you, the need to tell others and share this thing with them and hopefully gain their acceptance as well increases, "It's not so bad right? So maybe they'll be fine with it", well maybe your friends and family will would accept it and be ok, maybe they won't, do you really want to risk that? What purpose do you hope it will achieve? Those people will never look at you the same way again regardless if they accept it or not.

We get that you don't want to feel like you have to hide part of your life and you want to be free to do things, to be accepted by your circle and to feel like one of the heard, a lot of us here feel the same but the simple fact is that most of the time it will not go how you want or expect it too.

Know that you can fulfil that deep need to share on places like this, sure it's not the same as having the people close to you knowing and you may never even meet anyone here in real life so it can still feel separated. But unless you have a real serious reason to tell people then it's probably best to keep quiet.

I personally told my mum (whom I live with) because I wanted to switch to cloth diapers and needed the freedom to be able to launder and dry them, it was a big thing for me I really wanted to be back in cloth and have wanted it for nearly 2 decades. I knew her well enough to know for sure that she would take it in stride and be ok but it still took me a long time to decide that yes I do need to tell because if I go cloth she is going to find out regardless.

At the end of the day it's up to you what to do and if you choose to go through with telling then you can probably find support here, but we'd all prefer you to be happy and hidden than depressed and isolated and possibly disowned because telling people backfired.

Unlike wetting a diaper, some things are better kept in than let out. ;)

Reactions: BBBen and Dragonlover35
I can't discourage this strongly enough

why do family & friends need to know?
Do your family and or friends share what they do in the bedroom with the door closed? There is basically no positives for telling them.
You can't unring the bell and untell them if it goes bad.
I get the desire to tell someone.
Use this community to do so

No reason at all to tell them you're abdl
it's extremely likely to go bad and ruin life long relationships

Reactions: FastBlackRX7 and BBBen
EVERYONE IN MY TOWN KONWS..that went to hell hiding it when I shit my pants. Literally yelling shit in my car..

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't.
That's all I have to say.
Only person that should know, is your significant other.
Just my two cents.

Reactions: SparkyDog
I keep it private also. My girlfriend that I live with doesn’t even know. The only one that knows besides people on here is one of my good friends that I told and she hasn’t told anyone. In fact she thinks it’s weird that I like to wear diapers. My mom might be the only other person that knows but I hoping and thinking that she thinks i out grew this and that since I got with my current girlfriend that I have stopped but I haven’t I just wear when I know I am going to be alone either all day or for more than a day. I have had times where I want to come out to more people and be able to wear more often. I think that is where my fascination with wanting to wear to my doctor appointments comes from

Back