Clothes that conceal padding

TungstenWrist

Longing for something so far out of reach.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Diaperfur
Anyone who recognizes my name/pfp on this site probably knows I have yet to try diapers for the first time due to lack of privacy or a convenient excuse or anything like that, but I figured I might as well ask while I'm ahead what some great options for concealing diapers under regular grown-up clothing are. My gender expression allows for any level of masculinity, femininity, or "chaos" so long as it's distinctive in its look and isn't too uncomfortable. So, lets talk about styles of clothing that accommodate for/conceal padding for whatever gender, weather, or occasion :D

TungstenWrist said:
Anyone who recognizes my name/pfp on this site probably knows I have yet to try diapers for the first time due to lack of privacy or a convenient excuse or anything like that, but I figured I might as well ask while I'm ahead what some great options for concealing diapers under regular grown-up clothing are. My gender expression allows for any level of masculinity, femininity, or "chaos" so long as it's distinctive in its look and isn't too uncomfortable. So, lets talk about styles of clothing that accommodate for/conceal padding for whatever gender, weather, or occasion :D
snug fitting boxer briefs
jeans over top

get a tall shirt and or tall sweater to hide the waist line

Don't worry I know it's anxiety causing but people arnt looking at you being like is that person wearing a diaper?

Reactions: PlastiBrain, Chrissie, Seasonedcitizen and 2 others
Big vote from me is skirts!

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen, Jorelaxed and TungstenWrist
Adult onesies conceal diapers well just wear regular clothes over the onesie and wear one without a babyish print. To anyone it will just look like you have your shirt tucked in your pants.

Reactions: RoseofThorns and Seasonedcitizen
If you can find them I wear these at home
IMG_20221116_220633684.jpg

A nice roomy pair of overalls is my go-to for both concealment and a touch of regression. They're fantastic for any gender expression; and perfect for moderate to cool weather.

Something about an unrestrained waist helps cut down on my visible poof-age.

I'd also echo recommendation of a onesie to keep everything together.

Reactions: Deleted member 51496
Levi's 501s, my motorcycle riding leathers.

Andrewgdfw said:
Levi's 501s, my motorcycle riding leathers.
What kind of motorcycle do you own I want a new Gixxer but I can barely keep it on four wheels

BlameBaby said:
What kind of motorcycle do you own I want a new Gixxer but I can barely keep it on four wheels
Harley

A onsie and a untucked button down shirt conceals the front and back.

Neutral Onesie and Overall. This is probably the most discreete, at least for the diaper part. The overall is genderless (well, maybe not the skirt overall) and the Neutral Onesie will maintain the diaper in place once full (Overalls being often baggy, a heavy diaper might need some help to stay correctly in place...) while concealing anything that could be visible...

Or black 501 one size higher than usual with a hoodie. This is what I usually wear outside.

As mentioned a good snap crotch onesie will help not only support the diaper from sagging (and being a revealing bulge) but also prevents it from peaking out of the waistband. there are plenty of sites selling them as polo shirts/button ups/plain t-shirts etc.

Loose boxers can help but I've read and experienced that wearing tighter underwear over a diaper can make it more prone to leakage so I don't bother there the onesie does a better job.

Most loose fitting trousers will be fine go for a slightly larger size than you normally would to accomodate the bulk and just use a belt. I personally think that "heavier duty" fabric conceals better (think cargo pants or thicker) rather than something like joggers, leggings or sweatpants, lighter fabrics seem more likely to shape around the diaper showing a bulge whereas heavier fabrics are more likely to hang or drape straight down off the diaper. I tend to wear smart work trousers (thicker than suit trousers bit thinner than cargo).

Skirts are great but you will want to buy something a little longer (below the knee or more) if you want to make sure it's hidden especially when sitting, thicker cable knit tights will help here too (think like schoolgirl tights not thin and see through). tights will also support a wet diaper from sagging well too.

If you're comfortable wearing them dungarees/overalls are great as they cover the diaper as well as above and below the diaper area. Denim dungarees are also usually looser fitting than basic jeans.

My goto for being out and about is a diaper with a onesie snapped on top, the loose slightly larger size trousers belted on with a long hoodie/fleece/jacket over the top hanging a couple inches below the waist. I may add tights under the trousers and an extra shirt in colder weather. I'm fairly confident I haven't noticed yet and even if I have I've never had or heard comments or weird looks and I am often out in thick cloth diapers.

Reactions: TungstenWrist
First of all for the most part people are way to concerned with what's going on in their bubble or phone to really notice people around them unless they are people watching.

If your plan is to be discreet and I do apologize in advance as I don't understand the comment about type of clothing but assuming something gender neutral or potentially either or.

So a solid colored(unless outfit supports something different but I personally stick to white and black as easier to match) onesies works great as a general start, I personally wouldn't suggest a romper style unless you have help as snaps are a pain. As for pants usually try to stick to darker colors as they seem to help also if you have a leak they help hide them. So I only know men's pants but it's a trial and error thing like before my injury though 34 inseam is best I could wear a 32 but now because of diapers 32" seat isn't roomy enough so it's 34 or bigger also I usually size up one or two sizes but do have some with built in elastic waistband or stretchy fabric like for pants I love Duluth Trading Ballroom style because it has stretch built in fabric. Though I do like overalls for winter as I can wear layers for me personally being paralyzed it has goods and bads like I feel changes take longer but same token I am not worried about pressure at my waist and overall (ha) just roomier but at times and more mental thing but some occasions as a guy I don't feel I can wear overalls as they are viewed more as a work/farm things around my area where for women and kids overalls can be worn any time. As for shirts it all depends on the person and their size I do tend to recommend Tall sizes but if your smaller you may not need want a shirt that goes to your knees(if you have them)

Though I don't wear dresses I have worn Kilts (tech per lore it's a dress because I have to wear something under them besides a blue ribbon & what God gifted me upon my birth) will say from experience where kilts are knee length and me being paralyzed or seated, onesies are must and I would wear fitted boxers or something that hides the diaper, because even before my injury and needing diapers people can sometimes see up them. I get kilts probably different but not something I am aware of but from wearing them like certain bathroom stuff I honestly found it so much quicker to take my kilt off to change but I do assume dresses are thinner and changes might be easier.

But honestly think for a first outfit besides athletic wear honestly think no matter the gender overalls with a onesie and like a sweater, polo or something over it and a sweatshirt as backup would be best and allow you to be able to get to a store where you are able to try on various clothes to see what fits best I would though recommend you do it with the thickest normally worn diapers or potential to wear. So when I bought most of my clothes I did it with my daily ones and boosters and the rare occasions I wear an abdl diaper some are tight so when I just got.new tux pants I wore abdl diapers to the fitting.

Reactions: Belarin
If it's "dress for success" (male) -- loose black pants, dress jacket, dress shirt (tucked in), open collar or tie; if weather kicks in - so much the better - overcoat. No one will notice anything; if you're worried about "crinkles" carry wrapped cellophane candies in the jacket pocket to use for minty fresh breath, and to dispell any idea of a diapers. Been there, done that - for decades. Nary an issue. BB

Reactions: TungstenWrist
It would depend on the season and whether you’re in a location that has cold winters. In the wintertime, simply wear a long coat. If on the ski hills, a snowsuit will hide it well. In the summertime, loose fitting jogging pants tend to work well. Ideally black in color in case of leaks.

I love the Renaissance style and it hides the padding well. I have the chamise or shirt and 2 or 3 skirts layered on top. The padding really just makes the skirts fuller

Your best concealment is confidence. 😎

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen, PlastiBrain, RoseofThorns and 2 others
Str88jacketabdl said:
Your best concealment is confidence. 😎
This!! 1000% this!! I’m pretty sure I said on here a little while ago that no one in public should be looking at your butt or crotch and if they are then that means they’re a weirdo! And if they are a weirdo staring at your butt and they think you have a diaper on, what are they gonna do? And also are they someone you’re ever going to see again?

People in Walmart or Costco are so busy with their own lives and tasks that they’re not gonna stop and stare at your butt, let alone confront you about it.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen and RoseofThorns
LilPuppyBoy said:
This!! 1000% this!! I’m pretty sure I said on here a little while ago that no one in public should be looking at your butt or crotch and if they are then that means they’re a weirdo! And if they are a weirdo staring at your butt and they think you have a diaper on, what are they gonna do? And also are they someone you’re ever going to see again?

People in Walmart or Costco are so busy with their own lives and tasks that they’re not gonna stop and stare at your butt, let alone confront you about it.
I more worry about at work where i see my coworkers day in and out.... That and my parents. Only my husband and this group knows.

Back