Cloth Diapers ... What are your thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JigmeDatse

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
  5. Carer
  6. Other
I'm not sure if there should be other tags these kind of look like good ones. I mostly wear pull up cloth diapers, with vinyl pants. I sometimes will go with something else. I mostly don't wet, and actually don't wear the waterproof pants unless there's the possibility that a big wetting would not be able to be dealt with quickly. Though sometimes I just want to go with what makes me really safe.

That said... sometimes even when I *do* have things all nicely safe... It doesn't end up being so.

I just want to know what other people's opinions, thoughts, experiences are with cloth diapers. I almost never wear disposable as so far I've not found one that comes *close* to being comfortable for me to be able to wear, and as they *will* be disposed of, they are a "must wet" situation for me. Which of course is fine, when that's what I'm looking for, but the dang things do not like my skin or something...

Reactions: Diprs2
I just switched to Ecoables, and they are having a sale right now!

Cloth is great, what I wear 99% of the time.

Reactions: chuck, Zeke and NappiedTruckDriver
I also wear cloth 99% of the time. I actually like the wet feeling. It's probably because I wore cloth diapers as a toddler.

Reactions: Zeke, Lyric, NappiedTruckDriver and 1 other person
I have always been in cloth diapers. I like how they feel and I have very few leaks.

Reactions: Zeke, chuck and NappiedTruckDriver
You should try cloth diapers, Keep in mind If you do get some , they need to be washed before using to wash out products used in the manufacturing process and it will make them softer and more absorbent,

Reactions: Zeke
rothpirate said:
I just switched to Ecoables, and they are having a sale right now!
I'll check them out. Care to say more about your experience?

dogboy said:
I also wear cloth 99% of the time. I actually like the wet feeling. It's probably because I wore cloth diapers as a toddler.
Yep, wore cloth here too... That does seem to be a factor to some extent.

Floodingpants said:
I have always been in cloth diapers. I like how they feel and I have very few leaks.
Good to know. How are you managing to not have leaks? I know my main problem ends up being I fail to check sometimes carefully enough if everything is all properly aligned.

dondl2 said:
You should try cloth diapers, Keep in mind If you do get some , they need to be washed before using to wash out products used in the manufacturing process and it will make them softer and more absorbent,
I do wear cloth. They are lovely. And washing pretty much goes for *anything* you buy. Like clothing or whatever.

My problem tends to be fecal incontinence, not just urine incontinence, so cleanup with cloth is undesirable.

Reactions: cowprintz and chuck
JigmeDatse said:
I'll check them out. Care to say more about your experience?
Not OP, but I also own a lot of EcoAble cloth diapers and inserts. I highly recommend their cloth diapers. They have 2 versions of diapers, their 2.0 and ‘discontinued’ ones. Both styles come in diaper covers, pocket diapers, and pull-up style (with snaps still).

I purchased the newer 2.0 ones first, but then tried the discontinued ones and liked them way more. They fit me better and the designs are way more childish. I now own at least 10 diaper covers and an array of inserts. They are top quality products, but expensive. Unfortunately now that they are having a sale, looks like I will be buying the remaining cover designs I currently don’t own.

BTW, the inserts really do absorb more as you launder them. I am happy with the absorbency now that I have used them for a while.

Last edited:
Reactions: JigmeDatse
I’m from the Uk and wear terry towel nappies to bed when at home done up with4pins with 2 had towels as boosters,
Super bulky and absorbent

Reactions: Zeke and JigmeDatse
I mostly wear cloth diapers—prefolds, specifically. They’re hard to beat for performance, but also hard to conceal when you’re out and about. I don’t often wear diapers out of the house, but when I do I’ll go with a fitted type (Threaded Armor / Super Undies, DependEco, Snap-EZ) or a disposable.

Reactions: Zeke
BexarBottom said:
Not OP, but I also own a lot of EcoAble cloth diapers and inserts. I highly recommend their cloth diapers. They have 2 versions of diapers, their 2.0 and ‘discontinued’ ones. Both styles come in diaper covers, pocket diapers, and pull-up style (with snaps still).

I purchased the newer 2.0 ones first, but then tried the discontinued ones and liked them way more. They fit me better and the designs are way more childish. I now own at least 10 diaper covers and an array of inserts. They are top quality products, but expensive. Unfortunately now that they are having a sale, looks like I will be buying the remaining cover designs I currently don’t own.

BTW, the inserts really do absorb more as you launder them. I am happy with the absorbency now that I have used them for a while.
I’ve been looking at the discontinued styles, I noticed the rise is lower and they don’t have inner gussets. Why do you think they fit better, shorter, taller?

BexarBottom said:

Do the discontinues styles have snaps for the inserts? Do they fit over the fitted cloth diaper?

Cloth prefolds with cloth inserts are the only diapers I wear now. Before I was able to buy prefolds over the internet, I used flat cloth diapers from several places and those require me to use 2-4 diaper at a time folded together. Until my early 30's I wore Curity baby diaper that still fit me. I've tried disposable but never liked them, they never gave me the same feeling I had wearing cloth. I'm sure my preference for cloth stems largely from my childhood where I was diapered in cloth Curity diapers andGerber plastic pants well into my teens. I love how soft they are and how many times I can pee in them before I need to be changed.

Last edited:
The laundry in my nursing home doesn't wash cloth diapers.

richieboy said:
My problem tends to be fecal incontinence, not just urine incontinence, so cleanup with cloth is undesirable.
Yeah, I'm not blaming you at all for that. I really hate that poopy situation.

Cottontail said:
I mostly wear cloth diapers—prefolds, specifically. They’re hard to beat for performance, but also hard to conceal when you’re out and about. I don’t often wear diapers out of the house, but when I do I’ll go with a fitted type (Threaded Armor / Super Undies, DependEco, Snap-EZ) or a disposable.
Sounds like a nice set of options for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back