Status
Not open for further replies.
RUSSKY said:
My first pair of plastic pants as an adult was 2 Playtex snap on plastic pants sown together. They were a bit tight but there was no internet in the 70s where you could buy plastic pants like you can now. I didn't think to look at Sears though.
Like you as a older kid i never thought of pharmacies having kid plastic pants if I had it would been more fun.
In 1980 i did so found diapers and plastic pants JCPennys catalogs and would order those then found attends was in heven.
To day I like both types of diapers get my cloth diapers from thrift stores old flannel and Terry baby blankets.
They have to be right kind they have cute prints very babyish like old diaper flat's .
My baby pants come from babykins which I'm wearing now.

- - - Updated - - -

Maxx said:
Something I've always wondered about...

I have a number of pictures of myself as a baby wearing a cloth diaper, but no plastic pants. I can't imagine that was just for the sake of the picture. Did they perhaps only use plastic pants part of the time, like when going out? Maybe they were too expensive or fragile or something?

10 years later, when my sister was born, they used plastic pants all the time. I know that for sure because I borrowed them frequently for my own diaper adventures.
Depending on time you were a baby some of our clothing had plastic or rubber pants built in to them .
There were shorts with plastic pants in them I had a few outfit's that the bottem diaper area were lined in plastic and snapped up over my diaper easy diaper changes.
As long as diaper had enough absorbent material tended to just be damp that why cloth diapers need so many layers .

- - - Updated - - -

dogboy said:
I still have an old pair of ducky diaper pins. I had almost forgotten the snap plastic pants. Those turned me on when I was a kid. I so wanted to be back into cloth diapers and plastic pants. And Hah! Now I am, so there are some perks to being an adult.

Lol I took my sisters plastic snap pants too then they went away mom found me wearing them .
I guess she figured her diapering me backfired oops found out I love diapers after that.

Maxx said:
Something I've always wondered about...

I have a number of pictures of myself as a baby wearing a cloth diaper, but no plastic pants. I can't imagine that was just for the sake of the picture. Did they perhaps only use plastic pants part of the time, like when going out? Maybe they were too expensive or fragile or something?

10 years later, when my sister was born, they used plastic pants all the time. I know that for sure because I borrowed them frequently for my own diaper adventures.

Not in our family, but I do remember seeing kids in cloth diapers without plastic pants in the summertime. Expect this was for the child’s comfort as well as healing/avoiding diaper rash.

I can't imagine what good a cloth diaper would be with out plastic pants over it to keep them from leaking or to keep clothes, furniture or beding dry

foxkits said:
Yes I was a cloth diaper kid too.
Even when mom cloth diapered me at 6 or 7 that was in 1966 or 1967 the plastic pants were playtex toddler boy did they have a smell to them.I was a small kid fit into toddler stuff.
I remember looking for plastic pants to fit me as I was older all kinds like you Dogboy.
Do you remember the super babypants they sold boy they were big fit me at 12 years old a little tite on legs.
Yes I wanted one's that fit right and still do lol.
And the baby pants were very big on babys poofy looking the only one's not so much were snap on ones.
Cloth diapers were easy to buy every were.
You had cute diaper pins too ducky pins and think there were clown ones too oh yeah bunny ones.
Those were the days.
On hot days we ran around in just our diapers and baby pants at all ages if we were diapered.

As a youngster in the 50’s I was envious of kids like you who were sent out to play in nothing but a diaper and plastic pant. Still sleeping in diapers, I once asked mom if I could wear them outside, that didn’t go far. Especially remember a little guy who often wandered around the neighborhood for what seemed hours sipping on a jug of something. As time passed his plastic pant sagged lower and lower. I so wanted to be him.

I was born in the mid 50s and wore cloth and plastic pants.I grew up with medical problem and wore them in school with suspenders to keep the pants and diapers in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back