Classic Vs Remakes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got back from the theater and in November they are releasing "the Peanuts Movie". It will be in a new and higher graphics style, but there again it is redoing the TV shows into a movie.

I will probably see it but with mixed reservations.

Same. I like the Peanut's stuff. There's a few old TV specials, I'd love to find on DVD. Same with some Garfield TV specials.

Classics definitely. I've been on a Godzilla binge, the old ones that utilize a guy in a suit and I even bought the original 1954 movie. I've also seen the newest one that came out last year. Definitely the classics have that genuine feel to it. It's more authentic which is ironic since most people say the 2014 Godzilla is the most realistic one yet. Really, the lengths special effects had to go just for the classics makes the results all worth the while and much more appreciative than CGI stuff I've seen over and over again. Also, I'm not looking forward to the Ghostbusters remake. The original cast made the movie what it was.

Depends on the movie, some remakes will never beat the original while others will blow them out of the water. One of my favorite movies will always be the older version of "Miracle on 34'th street" While I thought the new one was meh, but True Grit remake was wayyyy better than the original.

I have yet to see a remake that has surpassed the original in my eyes.

My best example would be the Nightmare on Elm Street franchise. Since the conclusion of the story after the 6th movie. They tried remaking them twice 94 and 10, which the 94 was alright but the 10 just was a disaster.

I would be open to a good remake but they all seem to lose the essence of the original.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back