Camelotian Diaper Wiki

ElPulpo said:
Ah, I thought it was a misspelling of "camel ocean".

View attachment 55486

btw, show me where to buy them in Germany, and I will gladly form my own opinion.
Ew! And they spit in the water, too...among their other effluences. šŸ˜²

Reactions: WillFord384
BobbiSueEllen said:
Ew! And they spit in the water, too...among their other effluences. šŸ˜²

Apparently the next big environmental scare is going to be the level of camel spit in our oceans. :)

• Haha
Reactions: Deleted member 56273 and BobbiSueEllen
I added a new feature today.

You may have seen some of my posts around the forum where someone asks about diapers and I respond with photos and links to the wiki. As in this post about the Dotty Diaper Pride. And you wanted to be as cool as me but you didn't want to copy and paste the URL for each diaper model and for each photo, then resize all of the photos, and so on. Too much work; too many chances to make a mistake.

But here's my secret: I don't do all that copying and pasting. I write a line of code specifying which diapers I want and I run a program that generates everything I need for the ADISC post. Because I'm lazy.

And now you can be as lazy as me while at the same time serving the ADISC community, bringing life and color into threads by sharing photos, and by extension sharing your enthusiasm about diapers. I envy you.

Now every diaper model page has a "post on ADISC" link right below the title. Suppose you want to post about the Crinklz Aquanaut. You go to that page in the wiki, click on the "post on ADISC" link and follow the instructions there, and in under a minute you have all of the links and photos you need for your post, and then you can add your personal thoughts.

Here's an example post using the new feature. Starting on the Crinklz Aquanaut wiki page it took me 36 seconds to produce the post (everything below this paragraph), including deleting several photos that I didn't want to include. You can do the same, and I hope you'll give it a shot, but remember that with great power comes great responsibility.

Crinklz Aquanaut (more photos and info at link)

fetch.php

fetch.php

fetch.php

fetch.php

fetch.php

Last edited:
Last edited:
Reactions: ElPulpo and BobbiSueEllen
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Oooo I like this!

Hi Will. I love the site and its very valuable to this community. Great work.

I'm going to suggest a sorting system and option for a full list on the ranking pages. I understand it ranks the top 12, but I know I would definitely like to see the full list in various orders.

An anecdotal example:
I am a big fan of ABU LittlePawz, but I want to venture out and try something from Tykables. I want to see, based on your data, how do they compare in terms of dry weight, absorbency, images, etc.

WeldItUp said:
Hi Will. I love the site and its very valuable to this community. Great work.

I'm going to suggest a sorting system and option for a full list on the ranking pages. I understand it ranks the top 12, but I know I would definitely like to see the full list in various orders.

An anecdotal example:
I am a big fan of ABU LittlePawz, but I want to venture out and try something from Tykables. I want to see, based on your data, how do they compare in terms of dry weight, absorbency, images, etc.

Thanks for the suggestion. I like the idea, but there would be a few things to figure out.

First, I trust the highest numbers for capacity and capacity per dollar, but not the lowest numbers. If a diaper is in, say, the top twelve for capacity, it didn't get there by accident. It means I probably got pretty close to the maximum I could have gotten with the way I tested it. But there are many ways a given test could have resulted in a capacity that's lower than what the diaper can really do.

For instance, the Tykables Galactic, Overnights, and Puppers all weigh the same and as far as I can tell they seem to have the same technical design, just different prints. Suppose I'd gotten the Galactic and Overnights to 2,500-2,700 ml but so far my best test with a Puppers was 1,600 ml. Does this mean the Puppers has less capacity or just that various things went wrong in my tests and I haven't yet seen the real capacity?

Ultimately I need to figure out a way to show only capacity numbers where I'm pretty sure they're right, and I have some ideas for this. For instance, if I've tested a diaper ten or more times it's most likely that at least once I hit the perfect set of conditions. Unfortunately this would mean a lot of capacity numbers would disappear from the wiki even if they were pretty close to the mark. Also, for the past few months I've been explicitly recording when I hit the max for a given diaper under ideal conditions. In those cases I'm confident in the capacity number even if I tested that diaper only once. So those diapers are fine but I need to do something with the 200+ items that I tested prior to that.

A related issue is that not all diapers have every piece of information. For instance, I may not know the price if something is no longer sold, and I won't have a capacity if I haven't tested it yet. So if you're looking at a full ranking as you suggested, for instance every diaper by price, low to high, the diaper you're thinking of may not be in there. It won't be clear whether this is because I don't know the price or because it's not in the wiki at all. But then we already have this problem, even showing only the top X in a given ranking. If something doesn't appear there, you don't know whether it's because it doesn't belong there, I haven't tested or priced it yet, or I don't know about it at all.

Another limitation is that the pages are entirely static, at least for now. I generate them with custom code and then upload them. So it's just a set of fixed pages. There's no way to do a custom search or, for instance, mark the ABU Little Pawz and the Tykables Puppers and hit a button to generate a custom page that compares them side-by-side.

In the section for each diaper we have a list of the top X comparable diapers, those in the same category (adult brief, baby diaper, etc.), size (large, medium, etc.), backing (plastic, cloth-like), and taping system (velcro, adhesive on landing zone, or simple adhesive) and roughly the same weight. Since this is only a handful of other diapers, I could generate side-by-side comparisons for them. But you might want to compare two diapers of the same model but a different size, or two that have different taping systems, and so on.

A lot to think about. To everyone in the thread, I'd welcome your thoughts on how people could find their way around the wiki better, or other improvements.

Last edited:
I very much appreciate your taking the time to upload pics and present data about specific makes and models. If ABUniverse ever decides to make improvements on their SDK product, I would certainly like seeing an update on the site. The new thinner version of the SDK product is well illustrated on the site. Well enough to where I know to avoid the brand due to its materials and makeup. I can definitely notice the differences in price/quality. For example: Little For Big Little Dreamers are 50% heavier than SDKs, and at least 20% heavier than Peek ABU, but both the SDK and Peek ABU are half to 3/4 the price you pay for a case of the Little For Big brand. You definitely get what you pay for. I also see the Dry Care Confidry photos, and notice that they use the same shiny plastic I remember when I bought the last case. And for the price, they are quite heavy. I may have to try another case of those as long as the tapes hold up.

Reactions: WillFord384 and BobbiSueEllen
Honeywell6180 said:
I very much appreciate your taking the time to upload pics and present data about specific makes and models. If ABUniverse ever decides to make improvements on their SDK product, I would certainly like seeing an update on the site. The new thinner version of the SDK product is well illustrated on the site. Well enough to where I know to avoid the brand due to its materials and makeup. I can definitely notice the differences in price/quality. For example: Little For Big Little Dreamers are 50% heavier than SDKs, and at least 20% heavier than Peek ABU, but both the SDK and Peek ABU are half to 3/4 the price you pay for a case of the Little For Big brand. You definitely get what you pay for. I also see the Dry Care Confidry photos, and notice that they use the same shiny plastic I remember when I bought the last case. And for the price, they are quite heavy. I may have to try another case of those as long as the tapes hold up.

I really like posts like this. I catalog and test so many items (363 in the wiki as of yesterday) that I rarely take the time to notice patterns, trends, and quirks of specific brands or individual diapers. And we need to know that stuff.

The wiki handles weight, price, capacity, photos, and cross-referencing by design elements (dinosaurs, outer space, etc.), but we also need other ways of organizing this information in a way that's going to be useful to people trying to decide what diapers to try, such as your brand-over-brand comparisons of trends that you've observed.

There's a relatively new feature in the wiki which may be useful if you ever want to, say, make a thread about what you've noticed happening with these diaper lines and how this might affect people's buying decisions. I introduced the feature in this post and showed an example in the post after that, but really all you do is go to a diaper's page and click on "post on ADISC". You get to a page (such as this one for LfB Little Dreamers) which has instructions and text to copy. In under a minute you can post a link and selected photos for that diaper, then do it again for, say, the SDK and PeekABU.

Including photos like this provides more information, but I think it also makes the post more appealing and interesting, and I suspect that it makes it more likely people are going to slow down and read what you have to say.

Last edited:
Question about the diaper wiki. Would you add waist size that the diapers fit or a size chart to the wiki?

Demonbabywearspamps said:
Question about the diaper wiki. Would you add waist size that the diapers fit or a size chart to the wiki?

Probably not, at least on my own. I think it would be pretty difficult. For one thing, I haven't been stretching out the diapers and measuring them, though I know some people do this.

Also, even if I knew those measurements, it's not obvious how to say that something fits a certain waist size. For some people as long as they can tape the wings together even at the ends, that's a fit. For others the tapes would need to end up somewhere on the front.

However, if someone else has been putting together that information, or anything else that's useful, I could add it to the wiki. I would provide that person with a spreadsheet showing data from the wiki such as each diaper model, and they would fill in what they knew. Then I would write some code to take the information from the spreadsheet and add it to the database and then to the wiki pages.

For instance, it would probably be useful for the wiki to include links to posts on the Adult Diaper Reviews forum or to pages on other online diaper databases. Someone would have to go through that forum or website and copy URLs and paste them in a spreadsheet that I provided.

Last edited:
WillFord384 said:
Probably not, at least on my own. I think it would be pretty difficult. For one thing, I haven't been stretching out the diapers and measuring them, though I know some people do this.

That's something we really need, even if it was just copying the vendor's published sizing.

One could simply find their size, and see what diapers will fit them.

Back