Buying a potty seat

DiaperWuff93

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
For a while, I've been wanting to buy a potty seat (Particularly the Paw Patrol-themed ones), but I don't know if I can since I still live with my family and it could be embarrassing if they find it or know that I have one. What can I do to buy it and once I have the seat? What about after use and how should I disinfect it? I'm also 18, btw.

Reactions: medfet878
I am thinking about getting one when I pee on the potty I pee everywhere and I pee like a dude and I am not and it has even a splash gard

• Love
Reactions: craigd1341 and medfet878
There are plenty of these seats available on Amazon and therefore should ship in a plain Amazon box. ordering one and getting it delivered would have the same advice as buying diapers online and getting them delivered, which has been discussed a lot already, things like waiting for an "empty house" day and paying for next day delivery, shipping to a collection point etc.

As for advice on the rest, they are generally quite thin and low profile so fairly easy to hide in a drawer or the bottom of a cupboard/closet, behind a desk etc. the hardest part really would be getting it in and out of the toilet without someone coming past as you move between, the easiest option there may be to hide it under something (like a towel).

It may seem a little odd but for instance I keep a towel in my room for days when it's pouring with rain or so hot I'm sweating since I sit on my bed when watching tv/playing games so my excuse for it is I don't want my bed getting wet from rain/sweat.

Depending on how busy the house is, how far you have to travel room to room and how loud people are moving around, it may not be too hard to just wait until no one is on the landing and just carry it. For back up try to find a spot in the bathroom that it can be stashed quickly if someone else is waiting outside to use the toilet (for example I have a laundry basket in the bathroom so I would be able to just throw it in there under some clothes), you can then collect and move it once they are done.

As for cleaning it's not that bad, sure there are germs on and around a toilet but unless you've peed or got poo on it then it probably doesn't need wiping every time.
When using for children you might clean it every time but that's more because children's immune systems are weaker and more susceptible, they also are more likely to get pee/poo on it and to be putting their hands all over it to get on and off and then even if they wash them (which they often don't do properly) putting their hands in their mouths.

When it does come to cleaning a quick spray with general purpose antibac and wipe with a tissue is fine. If that may not be possible secretly in a your bathroom you can buy antibac wet wipes and keep them in your room to just wipe it down.

The other piece of advice I'd have for this is to be careful what you buy, these are designed to make the toilet seat smaller for toddlers bottoms so while the hole might be big enough for you to go in, the seat itself might be too small for you to fit or the hole will be in a position where peeing is fine but pooping with hit the back (or vice versa).

They often have high back, sides for a toddler to hold onto and help stop them falling off and a splash guard in front, fitting an adult or older teen bottom is not possible the answer to this would be looking for one with a very low profile like this

71QlPNngDYL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Rather than ones like this to be sure you can sit on it comfortably.
51fOOnr7Q0L._AC_SL1200_.jpg
HEIMP Childrens Toilet Seats and Step Paw Patrol Toilet Seat Potty Toilet Seat for Toddler Potty Training Seats with Handles for Toilets Double Anti-Slip Design and Splash Guard for Boys and Girls Chi

You can also look for "toilet seat raisers" which are designed for older special needs children and the elderly who may need extra height to be able to get back up. these are much taller and would be harder to hide but are designed for bigger bottoms so they might fit you better.

If the slimmer seats and raisers are not to your liking due to lack of pictures or theme designs you can always buy a pack of stickers for your favourite thing (i.e. paw patrol or Marvel) to put on them.

Reactions: WillFord384 and DiaperWuff93
Belarin said:
There are plenty of these seats available on Amazon and therefore should ship in a plain Amazon box. ordering one and getting it delivered would have the same advice as buying diapers online and getting them delivered, which has been discussed a lot already, things like waiting for an "empty house" day and paying for next day delivery, shipping to a collection point etc.

As for advice on the rest, they are generally quite thin and low profile so fairly easy to hide in a drawer or the bottom of a cupboard/closet, behind a desk etc. the hardest part really would be getting it in and out of the toilet without someone coming past as you move between, the easiest option there may be to hide it under something (like a towel).

It may seem a little odd but for instance I keep a towel in my room for days when it's pouring with rain or so hot I'm sweating since I sit on my bed when watching tv/playing games so my excuse for it is I don't want my bed getting wet from rain/sweat.

Depending on how busy the house is, how far you have to travel room to room and how loud people are moving around, it may not be too hard to just wait until no one is on the landing and just carry it. For back up try to find a spot in the bathroom that it can be stashed quickly if someone else is waiting outside to use the toilet (for example I have a laundry basket in the bathroom so I would be able to just throw it in there under some clothes), you can then collect and move it once they are done.

As for cleaning it's not that bad, sure there are germs on and around a toilet but unless you've peed or got poo on it then it probably doesn't need wiping every time.
When using for children you might clean it every time but that's more because children's immune systems are weaker and more susceptible, they also are more likely to get pee/poo on it and to be putting their hands all over it to get on and off and then even if they wash them (which they often don't do properly) putting their hands in their mouths.

When it does come to cleaning a quick spray with general purpose antibac and wipe with a tissue is fine. If that may not be possible secretly in a your bathroom you can buy antibac wet wipes and keep them in your room to just wipe it down.

The other piece of advice I'd have for this is to be careful what you buy, these are designed to make the toilet seat smaller for toddlers bottoms so while the hole might be big enough for you to go in, the seat itself might be too small for you to fit or the hole will be in a position where peeing is fine but pooping with hit the back (or vice versa).

They often have high back, sides for a toddler to hold onto and help stop them falling off and a splash guard in front, fitting an adult or older teen bottom is not possible the answer to this would be looking for one with a very low profile like this

71QlPNngDYL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Rather than ones like this to be sure you can sit on it comfortably.
51fOOnr7Q0L._AC_SL1200_.jpg
HEIMP Childrens Toilet Seats and Step Paw Patrol Toilet Seat Potty Toilet Seat for Toddler Potty Training Seats with Handles for Toilets Double Anti-Slip Design and Splash Guard for Boys and Girls Chi

You can also look for "toilet seat raisers" which are designed for older special needs children and the elderly who may need extra height to be able to get back up. these are much taller and would be harder to hide but are designed for bigger bottoms so they might fit you better.

If the slimmer seats and raisers are not to your liking due to lack of pictures or theme designs you can always buy a pack of stickers for your favourite thing (i.e. paw patrol or Marvel) to put on them.
That sounds helpful. But how would I come up with an explanation when someone in the house finds them? I just don't like the idea of telling them about my diaper/ABDL secret.

Well hopefully no one would find the seat if you are cautious and hide it well.

I'm sure there could be an excuse for it buy unfortunately something like a potty seat would be harder to explain away, especially if it had lots of childish designs/stickers on it.
It's not like a sippy cup for instance which you could say you have because you like to have a drink beside your bed and don't want it spilling in the bed (I had one of the 360 sippy cups for years before I told mum about my DL side on my bedside table with that excuse, even now she knows about me she hasn't figured about the cup).

Even a diaper could be explained away a bit easier than a potty seat, might be embarrasing but can always just say you've had a couple of wet beds and thought they would help, but a potty seat is not something readily used by most able bodied adults.

If it was a fairly plain one you might get away with saying something like you're a germophobe and you are worried about germs from the regular toilet seat which multiple people use and having a separate seat that you keep clean helps you feel more comfortable with it.

How much do they know about your friendship group? Do they know all your friends? Could you get away with saying you have a friend with a toddler who is struggling with potty training and you saw the seat and thought it might help them but havnt been round to see them yet to drop it off.

As I said it's a harder one to explain as it has a very specific use that adults with no mobility issues don't really need, the best option is just to be careful and hide it well, you are old enough to buy your own furniture etc. So maybe getting a lockable wardrobe or set of drawers could help and keep it in there so there is no chance they stumble on it.

Belarin said:
Well hopefully no one would find the seat if you are cautious and hide it well.

I'm sure there could be an excuse for it buy unfortunately something like a potty seat would be harder to explain away, especially if it had lots of childish designs/stickers on it.
It's not like a sippy cup for instance which you could say you have because you like to have a drink beside your bed and don't want it spilling in the bed (I had one of the 360 sippy cups for years before I told mum about my DL side on my bedside table with that excuse, even now she knows about me she hasn't figured about the cup).

Even a diaper could be explained away a bit easier than a potty seat, might be embarrasing but can always just say you've had a couple of wet beds and thought they would help, but a potty seat is not something readily used by most able bodied adults.

If it was a fairly plain one you might get away with saying something like you're a germophobe and you are worried about germs from the regular toilet seat which multiple people use and having a separate seat that you keep clean helps you feel more comfortable with it.

How much do they know about your friendship group? Do they know all your friends? Could you get away with saying you have a friend with a toddler who is struggling with potty training and you saw the seat and thought it might help them but havnt been round to see them yet to drop it off.

As I said it's a harder one to explain as it has a very specific use that adults with no mobility issues don't really need, the best option is just to be careful and hide it well, you are old enough to buy your own furniture etc. So maybe getting a lockable wardrobe or set of drawers could help and keep it in there so there is no chance they stumble on it.
Right, I was considering getting a lockable drawer for my closet, so that might help with hiding the potty seat there. And even with the excuse that using the potty seat feels pretty good and comfortable for me, it wouldn't help? I also wouldn't want other family members to find out and come up with fake rumors about me.

Reactions: LilByte
DiaperWuff93 said:
For a while, I've been wanting to buy a potty seat (Particularly the Paw Patrol-themed ones), but I don't know if I can since I still live with my family and it could be embarrassing if they find it or know that I have one. What can I do to buy it and once I have the seat? What about after use and how should I disinfect it? I'm also 18, btw.
As someone that recently bought one of these:

61Q6E9hD6GL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

I'd say first of all I'd say check the dimensions of the potty you want to get online and try to finding a suitable place that's big enough to hide and store it in.

As for getting one, you should be able to find them online, or if you can't buy them online, there should be stores selling them and you should be able to buy them there.

As for using it, I'd suggest finding a soft surface for your knees, as the only way I've been able to fit on it without overloading it in terms of weight is by kneeling with both legs.

As for disinfecting it, I've found that mild soap works pretty well; although I've only peed in it so far...

DiaperWuff93 said:
Right, I was considering getting a lockable drawer for my closet, so that might help with hiding the potty seat there.

That would be good idea.

DiaperWuff93 said:
And even with the excuse that using the potty seat feels pretty good and comfortable for me, it wouldn't help? I also wouldn't want other family members to find out and come up with fake rumors about me.

If you know or fear that your family won't react well to it, taking measures to keep it a secret would be the best option.

I'd advise against lying by giving verifiable false information. Withholding information is the best defense.

A more complex method and something I've been wondering and working with in freecad is if you could 3d print a potty chair/seat. Then your excuse could just be it was a 3d printing test. weird but not WiErD perhaps? But the main advantage would be making those tall backed toddler exclusive fits for larger sizes that would fit us perfectly.

LilByte said:
I'd advise against lying by giving verifiable false information. Withholding information is the best defense.

A more complex method and something I've been wondering and working with in freecad is if you could 3d print a potty chair/seat. Then your excuse could just be it was a 3d printing test. weird but not WiErD perhaps? But the main advantage would be making those tall backed toddler exclusive fits for larger sizes that would fit us perfectly.
I've seen people consider 3d printing them before, my concern with that is that on the cheaper and even moderate price printers the filament they use is not all that strong and the last thing you would want is to sit on a potty have a wee and then the whole thing break and collapse with you on it.

I've also seen people suggest vacuum forming a potty in an adult size but same issue, weaker plastic that's not capable of supporting an adults weight.

The better but more time consuming option would be to create a mould and use a hard resin to pour inside, this easily could be made thicker and is already stronger than PLA or other printer filaments so should support the weight but will be heavier to move and more expensive.

DiaperWuff93 said:
Right, I was considering getting a lockable drawer for my closet, so that might help with hiding the potty seat there. And even with the excuse that using the potty seat feels pretty good and comfortable for me, it wouldn't help? I also wouldn't want other family members to find out and come up with fake rumors about me.
The excuse of it being more comfortable and easier might help, I don't know your family or how they would react/take any particular excuse, they might accept it or not, only you really can know that.

This is where using a plain seat raiser may be best, if it doesn't look to childish or appears mote "medical" in form the less any excuse is likely to be questioned, but that does detract from the desire to have something for you little side.

The best option overall is to just keep it well hidden, a lockable drawer is a good idea or a small chest, you are 18, there are many things that you may want to keep private and you have a right to do so.

LilByte said:

Is there a tutorial to make a potty chair with 3D Printing software? And after use, would it damage the chair?

3D printers work off of a 3D file from something like a CAD program or 3D modelling software (Maya, Blender etc.) though the letter tend to need converting into something the printer can understand similar to a CAD file. They look a little bit like this.
Children potty 3D model | CGTrader

This model in the software can be viewed at any angle and if you were to look from the bottom you would see the hollow area and wall thickness etc. When you convert it to a printer compatible file the software will read all the vertices and decide where it will need to create a support structure (usually in areas with overhangs or hollows). It knows where area's are solid and where the spaces are.

The way it would work is you get a file that is a 3D model of a child's potty and then use the software's scaling tool to make it larger, depending on the printer and software used you may even just be able to tell the printer to print at a bigger scale. It's actually very easy to do and there are plenty of free models you can find if your modelling ability is not so good.

The downside is though is that the filament types most consumer 3d printers use are not exactly tough, for certain designs and uses they are great but there are many factors affecting it. This site has a good guide on types, how tough they are and what needs to be considered.

While this is a different test of strength (tensile strength opposed to compression) it may give an idea, he manages 30lbs on the hard resin barely a third of the average male adults weight and much less on the commonly used PLA.

I have seen plenty of 3d prints that collapse under their own weight. They can also be very brittle and prone to shattering/cracking on even light impacts.

Then you have the size to consider, many home 3d printers will not have a bed or arm length big enough to build an adult sized potty on and the machines that do are much more expensive.

Then there is the final problem that depending on the filament and quality of the printer it may not be waterproof, I have seen people try to print a cup on a cheaper printer that leaks when filled with water, this would be no good for a potty.

Reactions: LilByte
Belarin said:
3D printers work off of a 3D file from something like a CAD program or 3D modelling software (Maya, Blender etc.) though the letter tend to need converting into something the printer can understand similar to a CAD file. They look a little bit like this.
Children potty 3D model | CGTrader

This model in the software can be viewed at any angle and if you were to look from the bottom you would see the hollow area and wall thickness etc. When you convert it to a printer compatible file the software will read all the vertices and decide where it will need to create a support structure (usually in areas with overhangs or hollows). It knows where area's are solid and where the spaces are.

The way it would work is you get a file that is a 3D model of a child's potty and then use the software's scaling tool to make it larger, depending on the printer and software used you may even just be able to tell the printer to print at a bigger scale. It's actually very easy to do and there are plenty of free models you can find if your modelling ability is not so good.

The downside is though is that the filament types most consumer 3d printers use are not exactly tough, for certain designs and uses they are great but there are many factors affecting it. This site has a good guide on types, how tough they are and what needs to be considered.

While this is a different test of strength (tensile strength opposed to compression) it may give an idea, he manages 30lbs on the hard resin barely a third of the average male adults weight and much less on the commonly used PLA.

I have seen plenty of 3d prints that collapse under their own weight. They can also be very brittle and prone to shattering/cracking on even light impacts.

Then you have the size to consider, many home 3d printers will not have a bed or arm length big enough to build an adult sized potty on and the machines that do are much more expensive.

Then there is the final problem that depending on the filament and quality of the printer it may not be waterproof, I have seen people try to print a cup on a cheaper printer that leaks when filled with water, this would be no good for a potty.
That basically highlights all the pitfalls. There are a few ways around all of them. I'm still trying to get a good cad model of the potty I want. i've been slowly manually doing it when I have time, but it takes forever since I'm not used to cad, and I'm using an open source one instead of fusion360.

Standard filament definitely won't work. And resin printers are so small you would need to combine many parts to make it the size you want. But for price and simplicity it's probably best to print in parts and glue them together anyway before going to the next step of the process, unless using some exotic filament.

There are a few exotic filaments like kevlar and other fibers. But I think it would probably be cheaper to do a thin print and then use carbon fiber sheets or fiberglass layering on the under side where you can't see on the potty.

You could also do lost PLA casting with metal if all else fails..(where you print what you want cover it in plaster, burn out the plastic, surround the mold in hard pact sand for strength, pour metal in, let harden/temper, and once you have removed the mold and polished the metal underneath your left with your print but in metal.)

It would be cool to see someone start doing and selling things on etsy for ab's using such methods.
DiaperWuff93 said:
Is there a tutorial to make a potty chair with 3D Printing software? And after use, would it damage the chair?
I'm not aware of any tutorials directed towards potties, but there are many different makers tutorials for creating stuff. As for use, the final product would need post processing to render it a "food safe" finish, basically meaning it doesn't grow bacteria as easily and isn't leaching toxic chemicals. Also you need to make it water tight; the above step should do both.

It would be an interesting project to get the community to crowed source on in my opinion tho. And it isn't limited to just potties. There are many ab things that could be created. (Imagine if the community created a potty that looked like something else like a stool, but with some hidden mechanism like a latch or clips came apart and would be a potty. Could be hidden in plain sight.)

Last edited:
milimetr75 said:
https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3d-model-of-potty/1079521?referral=3dmdb
hello, I found such a ready potty project??
when properly enlarged, it would be suitable for 3D printing??
I would like one in the correct adult size
I don't own a 3d Printer (been tempted many times though) so I don't know the exact conversion process to get a model like that ready to print but it looks like a game/architectural visualisation resource or similar without knowing the scale of the model it would be hard to tell how much it needs enlarging, there are dozens of models like this out there though if you look around.

I'd be tempted to look into it myself if I ever get a 3D printer, While I have said that the materials used are not very strong when used to make objects with this walls like this I have recently seen several design methods for 3d printing that can increase the strength quite a bit so I imagine there is a way to make it possible without crushing under an adults weight.

I would probably and up designing my own though I have a fair bit of experience with 3D stuff and hard surface modelling a potty like this would be really easy, just need to learn the ways to build supports to increase the strength.

It's all well and good increasing the seat size to fit an adult's bottom but I'd also probably end up making something a fair bit taller as well, not only for the extra room to hold an adult size wee but also to make it a bit easier for an adult to sit on since this is often a complaint from adults trying to use a child's potty that it is too low and difficult to sit on even if they fit in there.

• Love
Reactions: milimetr75
Hehe ur silly puppies don't need potties.

Oceansky2021 said:
I am thinking about getting one when I pee on the potty I pee everywhere and I pee like a dude and I am not and it has even a splash gard
Reminds me of how women think men just piss on everything on purpose or are too lazy to aim. You can aim straight ahead and unexpectedly get split streams pointed everywhere but dead ahead, or it just shoots off to the side or spits and sputters in random directions like a garden hose before stabilizing. We aren't doing it on purpose! 🤣

Last edited:
Reactions: milimetr75
I have one and it's the right size for me

Attachments

• WIN_20230830_12_31_12_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20230830_12_31_12_Pro.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 31
  • WIN_20230302_13_04_40_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20230302_13_04_40_Pro.jpg
    268.4 KB · Views: 31
milimetr75 said:
I have one and it's the right size for me
That looks decent. Did you make it or get it from somewhere?

DiaperWuff93 said:
That looks decent. Did you make it or get it from somewhere?
pot bought at auction
I'm sitting on it writing this comment

Ah, that's nice. I really wanna get one like that at some point. Though I did find this months back and maybe it could fit an adult's bottom.

Back